Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    endless thanks can't express my appreciation of your great effort in making my HP touchpad 32GB alive again with the arabic website , i just got it today from USA and i was shocked when i unpacked it then surfing the arabic websites,e-mails and facebook all comes with blocks and squares. then i hurry up to my PC and Google leads me to your respected , valued post , and it makes my touchpad great deal and back to life working well with the arabic font

thank you again CvvB and waiting for your next gift to us , arabic keybord
    جزاك الله عنا كل خير
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post

I think there is a misunderstanding. The two files, the one I modified and this one, are identical.

After applying the update, the file was returned back to its original state; therefore, you have to reapply the modified file again. The file that I modified and the file you attached are exactly the same. Try sending the file again and it should work perfectly fine.
    Sorry, I mixed things up, after the update (build 37115 I think, I can't find it now :S), the new libWebKitLuna.so has the md5sum of 8b2cdbff94c401b45767dfca25bd7c63.
    And the one I gave you was the patched one, sorry :|

I will upload it right now (the new one).

Wassalam.

UPDATE:

I am confused, I got 3 versions, the 1st one, when I first got the phone is:

ac332944393137753cd5766ce43c9473

After the update:

7d6e0f6e7a8205fea035809d6b08e74c

And yours:

8b2cdbff94c401b45767dfca25bd7c63

Hopefully some one will check theirs and clarify.

Wassalam.
    Last edited by haqman; 09/19/2011 at 01:56 PM.
  3.    #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by haqman View Post
    Sorry, I mixed things up, after the update (build 37115 I think, I can't find it now :S), the new libWebKitLuna.so has the md5sum of 8b2cdbff94c401b45767dfca25bd7c63.
    And the one I gave you was the patched one, sorry :|

I will upload it right now (the new one).

Wassalam.

UPDATE:

I am confused, I got 3 versions, the 1st one, when I first got the phone is:

ac332944393137753cd5766ce43c9473

After the update:

7d6e0f6e7a8205fea035809d6b08e74c

And yours:

8b2cdbff94c401b45767dfca25bd7c63

Hopefully some one will check theirs and clarify.

Wassalam.
    If the one on your device currently is 7d6e0f6e7a8205fea035809d6b08e74c try the patched one directly without any fears. This proves that the build is irreleavent, as your previous build had a different MD5 but worked with the 7d6e0f6e7a8205fea035809d6b08e74c version that I have patched.

The file I used to patch is taken directly from the webOSDoctor that TheDizzAR provided earlier.

Nevertheless, I guess if your version matches you can use the patched files stright ahead as the build doesn't matter that much; the functionality is preserved, anyways. You can try and prove that and we already did as many people used the webOS 2.1.0 arabization on Pre 2 although the file is taken from the Palm Pre Plus image.
    Hi CvvB,
    Thanks for the great work! I was trying your so for viewing Bangla webpages (bn.wikipedia.org), but it did not work. I also tried the Vietnamese fix [1]. That did not solve the problem.

Any suggestion or help would be highly appreciated. I am a developer, so I am also interested to modify the code if that's what is needed for it to work. I am currently using the touchpad with webOS 3.0.2. Bangla fonts can be found in omicronlab.com/bangla-fonts.html .

Thank you in advance!

Mahbub

[1] webosbuzz.com/hp-touchpad/1784-%5Btutorial%5D-unicode-fonts-touchpad-vietnamese-language.html
    i did all the steps you said we should do and still not working for me i have touch pad 32g

i downloaded libWebKitLuna.so V8 3.0.2 i downloaded the font and i changed the name to HeiS_nb.ttf and used WebOSQuickInstall to pushed the file to the pad and the pad restarts by it self and then still no arabic

maybe i am using the wrong files if you could reply back with links for the files i need for it that will be great it been hours trying it and nothing is working for me and maybe i am doing something wrong Any suggestion i will really appreciat it
    Last edited by PA12345; 09/19/2011 at 04:47 PM.
    I got it working partially. Forgot the replace the arialuni.ttf as HeiS_nb.ttf the first time I tried.

After replacing the arialuni.ttf as HeiS_nb.ttf the Bangla character showed correctly. However, the characters are not rendered correctly now. I also tried adding good Bangla font instead of arialuni. Still did not work.

I guess the renderer needs to be updated to fix this problem. Any suggestion?

- Mahbub

Edit:
    Seems like a known issue: forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/290035-official-webos-3-0-2-touchpad-bug-issue-tracking-12.html
    Last edited by udvranto; 09/19/2011 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Added link to bug
  7.    #227  
    Quote Originally Posted by udvranto View Post
    Hi CvvB,
    Thanks for the great work! I was trying your so for viewing Bangla webpages (bn.wikipedia.org), but it did not work. I also tried the Vietnamese fix [1]. That did not solve the problem.

Any suggestion or help would be highly appreciated. I am a developer, so I am also interested to modify the code if that's what is needed for it to work. I am currently using the touchpad with webOS 3.0.2. Bangla fonts can be found in omicronlab.com/bangla-fonts.html .

Thank you in advance!

Mahbub

[1] webosbuzz.com/hp-touchpad/1784-%5Btutorial%5D-unicode-fonts-touchpad-vietnamese-language.html
    My files are there to view Arabic letters and any other language that uses Arabic Lettering System, i.e. Persian, Urdu, and Sindhi.

I don't know Bangali, sadly, so I am not aware if there is any special rules to reshape the string like Arabic. For example, the letters have several shape and based on their position and the proceeding and succeeding letters, the shape of the current letter will be determined.

If so, then you need a special logic implemented. Do reply with more detail and let us see if I can include it in my next release.

Quote Originally Posted by PA12345 View Post
    i did all the steps you said we should do and still not working for me i have touch pad 32g

i downloaded libWebKitLuna.so V8 3.0.2 i downloaded the font and i changed the name to HeiS_nb.ttf and used WebOSQuickInstall to pushed the file to the pad and the pad restarts by it self and then still no arabic

maybe i am using the wrong files if you could reply back with links for the files i need for it that will be great it been hours trying it and nothing is working for me and maybe i am doing something wrong Any suggestion i will really appreciat it
    Always use the latest version. Previous versions can be buggy and/or missing some features and enhancements. All needed files are there is the first post!?!

I need details of what have you done so far. Like: what have you sent first (Font or Patched WebKit), where did you send the font file, where did you send the patched file to ... etc!

Repeat the steps again. Make sure you have the correct font by double clicking it in Windows and checking the name. Send the font first then the patched libWebKitLuna.so ... Send the font to /usr/share/fonts .... Download the latest patch WebKit .. Try again and report is it worked fine.

I got it working partially. Forgot the replace the arialuni.ttf as HeiS_nb.ttf the first time I tried.

After replacing the arialuni.ttf as HeiS_nb.ttf the Bangla character showed correctly. However, the characters are not rendered correctly now. I also tried adding good Bangla font instead of arialuni. Still did not work.

I guess the renderer needs to be updated to fix this problem. Any suggestion?

- Mahbub

Edit:
    Seems like a known issue: forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/290035-official-webos-3-0-2-touchpad-bug-issue-tracking-12.html
    As I said before, please, let me know about the shaping system in Bangali as this problem seems to be reshaping issue. The font you used is the most comprehensive font I have ever seen, no problems with it at all.

By the way, which post were you refering to?

Regards,
    CvvB

thank you so much for your help i was writing the font file name wrong well i got it now it works great it took me a while but thanks again
    CvvB,
    Thanks for your reply! The consonant-vowel, consonant-consonant combinations for the South Asian scripts (Bengali, Gujarati, Devnagari, Tamil) becomes another character altogether. This replacement must be done thru the renderer.

The details can be found in this guide: unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.0.0/ch09.pdf ; Page 285-289. A FAQ page is available here: unicode.org/faq/indic.html .

Let me know if you need more information or help with code. As I said, I am a programmer myself and probably can help you with the code. (BTW, I tried searching for the code. I could not find it. Is it open source? Sorry, I am new to WebOS.)
  10.    #230  
    CvvB,
    Thanks for your reply! The consonant-vowel, consonant-consonant combinations for the South Asian scripts (Bengali, Gujarati, Devnagari, Tamil) becomes another character altogether. This replacement must be done thru the renderer.

The details can be found in this guide: unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.0.0/ch09.pdf ; Page 285-289. A FAQ page is available here: unicode.org/faq/indic.html .

Let me know if you need more information or help with code. As I said, I am a programmer myself and probably can help you with the code. (BTW, I tried searching for the code. I could not find it. Is it open source? Sorry, I am new to WebOS.)
    The problem is that I use ASM to hack the file and append my code. I understood parts of the replacement and I don't think it would be hard to do anyways. Probably, I will separate this from Arabic for the time being and maybe later I will combine both in a single file.

I will read more and I will see if I can construct the replacement table, if not I might need your help.

The Source Code is there somewhere ... However, I saw a lot of hazzel in trying to recompile the whole WebKit ... try your luck you might get it right ... For me, I went stright ahead to ASM Hacking as it was much easier for me .

Regards,
    Got my Touchpad 32GB last night, could not see the value of the device before going through this forum and getting the arabic to work perfectly on the device. Special thanks to CVVB, really looking forward to the arabic keyboard now !
    جزاك اللهُ خيراً
    Hawatmeh76 likes this.
    really thank you, it is working good....
    I followed the steps of DZMCO and then yours.. and now is working in my hp touchpad...
    Thanks again.
  13.    #233  
    First Post Updated.

I have finally had the time to do an illustrated guide about the process of applying the Arabization, as many people have asked for this.

The link is there in the first post, but, here it is for the sake of "ease of access" .

Enjoy,
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/22/2011 at 12:20 PM.
    Dear CVVB,
    Thanks for the update, it will definitely make life easier for the new touchpad owners looking for arabic support -among others-.

However you mentioned in the first post that:
    "POST UPDATED ON 05th NOVEMBER 2011 WITH NEWER RELEASE!"

Do you really mean it, I hope the release of the arabic keyboard will be before Nov 5th ?
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by chemli View Post
    Dear CVVB,
    Thanks for the update, it will definitely make life easier for the new touchpad owners looking for arabic support -among others-.

However you mentioned in the first post that:
    "POST UPDATED ON 05th NOVEMBER 2011 WITH NEWER RELEASE!"

Do you really mean it, I hope the release of the arabic keyboard will be before Nov 5th ?
    Nah not really ....

I was really sleepy back then, I guess. and I didn't type "WILL BE" :P, so all good in good.

Thanks for highlighting that, will be fixed soon.

Arabic Keyboard hopefully will be well before that far date; however, I cannot say for sure as I am still finalizing the concept. Once the concept is down, rest should be easy.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/22/2011 at 06:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    CvvB, Dose the OnScreen Keyboard your working on will Support WebOS 2.1 ? or its only for TouchPad?

I got my Palm Pre Plus an installed WebOS 2.1 an your Arabization and all works Good and Smooth the final thing we all need is an OnScreen Arabic Keyboard
  17.    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    CvvB, Dose the OnScreen Keyboard your working on will Support WebOS 2.1 ? or its only for TouchPad?

I got my Palm Pre Plus an installed WebOS 2.1 an your Arabization and all works Good and Smooth the final thing we all need is an OnScreen Arabic Keyboard
    Currently, I am trying to stablize the webOS 2.1 OnScreen Keyboard. Whenever that is enabled, Luna will restart every other 2 touches.

So you can say I have two things going on right now, one for the TouchPad and one for the webOS 2.1
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Currently, I am trying to stablize the webOS 2.1 OnScreen Keyboard. Whenever that is enabled, Luna will restart every other 2 touches.

So you can say I have two things going on right now, one for the TouchPad and one for the webOS 2.1
    goodluck then, i tried the arabic-keyboard.org keyboard and it writes well but when copy the text into WebOS and email it the arabic becomes reversed on other OS's like windows xp. its a font issue or still webos issue?
  19.    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    goodluck then, i tried the arabic-keyboard.org keyboard and it writes well but when copy the text into WebOS and email it the arabic becomes reversed on other OS's like windows xp. its a font issue or still webos issue?
    webOS issue.

As far as I remember, the problem with selection, copy and paste, and even AutoCorrect is that these functions are reading the text from the buffer which is displayed; which is wrong as the buffer that is displayed has been altered.

Try this to make sure that the only probelm is that the string is reversed:
    Write something -> Copy -> Paste in Notes or Messages -> Delete One Character

If after deleting one character the rendered string is correct, then everything is fine.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/22/2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    webOS issue.

As far as I remember, the problem with selection, copy and paste, and even AutoCorrect is that these functions are reading the text from the buffer which is displayed; which is wrong as the buffer that is displayed has been altered.

Try this to make sure that the only probelm is that the string is reversed:
    Write something -> Copy -> Paste in Notes or Messages -> Delete One Character

If after deleting one character the rendered string is correct, then everything is fine.
    this trick dosnt work same problem