Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree119Likes
    thank you so much : )
    May I ask you a question :
    If developers were able to run android on the Hp touchpad , is it possible to run IOS on it ?
    great thanks for your efforts.

are you going to post the Arabic keyboard layout HP touchpad on this thread? Or will open a new thread.

think: Center Button then Power Button that should do it.[/QUOTE]
    hi all,

can someone with a pre3 try using yamli.com and see if it works to type arabic ?

i'm thinking to use it as an initial backup plan if needed for arabic writing , thx
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by karamayoub_2010 View Post
    May I ask you a question :
    If developers were able to run android on the Hp touchpad , is it possible to run IOS on it ?
    Not in public at least ....

iOS is not an open source OS like Android. So beside porting iOS over to the TP would be like doing what I am doing here but on a bigger larger massive scale of hand modifying all the libraries and drivers by hand; also, the fact that iOS will require legal crap to be tempered with ...

I guess! my 2cents!~

Quote Originally Posted by hamodah View Post
    great thanks for your efforts.

are you going to post the Arabic keyboard layout HP touchpad on this thread? Or will open a new thread.
    Aha ... never thought about that ... most probably new thread but I will post about it here for the people who already subscribed to this thread and don't want to be bothered checking the site everyday!
    are you going to post the Arabic layout keyboard for hp touchpad on the current thread?

do you have any idea please which messenger app can offer using MSN messenger?
    Thank you CvvB , you are great : )
    God Bless you : )
    May Allah reward you CvvB for your valuable efforts.
    DZMCO likes this.
    Hi, I tray to install Arabic Layout patch, but I need (GNU patch and lsdiff install) I said yes, but nothing.... where can I get them? Or how? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    hi all,

can someone with a pre3 try using yamli.com and see if it works to type arabic ?

i'm thinking to use it as an initial backup plan if needed for arabic writing , thx
    Salam, Yes, I tried it and works fine.
    I am trying to develop a mini keyboard using their API, but it isn't doing it :S
    ... I keep trying tho.

Wassalam.
  11.    #211  
    Quote Originally Posted by haqman View Post
    I am trying to develop a mini keyboard using their API, but it isn't doing it :S
    ... I keep trying tho.

Wassalam.
    Salam,

For me, as far as the keyboard issue goes, I am working on three things currently:

1. Effectively Arabizing the Pre's physical keyboard; I will attach a program that simulates what I am looking for ... I have done good amount in this.

2. Stablizing the Pre's On Screen Keyboard. That is going a bit slow as I am fixing some kind of deep monitoring while logging unto the device remotely.

3. Adding a different layer for the TouchPad keyboard << This will be the hardest as the behaviour and the layers are craved into TouchPad Luna Manager Binary file ...!

Regards,
    amjz, hamodah and ahmsoz like this.
    ... I keep trying tho.

Wassalam.

that will be nice, from what i read, the iphone yamli keyboard can work offline, which might mean that they can download their entire logic/app to the phone.

reversing the iphone version might give more hints,

i'm not a big fan of typing arabic using yamli mode, but its the most effective way when the arabic letters are not printer on the physical keyboard.

it would be interesting to switch the keyboard to yamli mode by double pressing the sym :-)

the biggest problem i'm facing now is (((( Getting a Pre3 ))))) i never thought it would be this hard :-(
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by p25o1 View Post
    that will be nice, from what i read, the iphone yamli keyboard can work offline, which might mean that they can download their entire logic/app to the phone.

reversing the iphone version might give more hints,

i'm not a big fan of typing arabic using yamli mode, but its the most effective way when the arabic letters are not printer on the physical keyboard.

it would be interesting to switch the keyboard to yamli mode by double pressing the sym :-)

the biggest problem i'm facing now is (((( Getting a Pre3 ))))) i never thought it would be this hard :-(
    Getting Pre 3? Tell me about it! ... But they are everywhere in eBay ... Maybe not in a suitable price, but surly there.

At first, I didn't know what is yamli.com ... I checked it then! Ok nice idea and I liked it. It is much more advanced then what I have planned. I am working on something similar to Arabic-Keyboard.org, I have reached good implementation as of now. However, I can say that yamli.com is a better implementation and gives out a better way of typing by spelling the words out in English. The other way would be mapping a sequance of letters to an Arabic letter, which I am doing now.

If we wanted to use yamli.com, although you need to be online or start looking at the iOS version to extract the logic. We will need a background services, then through calls from the Luna Manager, an enhancement can communicate and try to produce Arabic letters from the Latin input. I don't see it practical though. At least for me; because, you would have to type out complete word before you get your Arabic word.

By the way, for me, I made the switch trigger "SYMBOL+SPACE". To help preserve the DOUBLE SYMBOL to holding symbol mode while typing.

Regards,
    I received an updated yesterday (still version 2.2.0 buit different build) and broke compatibility!

Did someone encounter same issue?

Wassalam.
  15.    #215  
    I received an updated yesterday (still version 2.2.0 buit different build) and broke compatibility!

Did someone encounter same issue?

Wassalam.
    Can you post the link to the webOS Doctor?

Regards,
    Quote Originally Posted by CvvB View Post
    Can you post the link to the webOS Doctor?

Regards,
    There is no docotor I believe!
    It keeps complaining about invalid serial number, but if you PM me your email, I will send you the new file as attachment.

Old file MD5: ac332944393137753cd5766ce43c9473
    New MD5: 7d6e0f6e7a8205fea035809d6b08e74c

Wassalam.
    Hi CvvB,

Thank you very much for your work.

I tried to use DroidSansArabic.ttf font from CyanogenMod 7 because I think it is slightly better than arialuni.ttf

As expected, there is a bit of problem with combination of syadda+tashkeel.

But I am just wondering if it is possible for you to base your work on DroidSansArabic.ttf or other fonts that look better than the arial. Even your second post looks very nice.

I attached here the font and some screenshots:
    1. arialuni in TouchPad
    2. DroidSansArabic in TouchPad
    3. DroidSansArabic in Nexus One running CM7 Android

Thank you.
    جزاكم الله خيرا
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Actually, here: libWebKitLuna.so.7z
  19.    #219  
    There is no docotor I believe!
    It keeps complaining about invalid serial number, but if you PM me your email, I will send you the new file as attachment.

Old file MD5: ac332944393137753cd5766ce43c9473
    New MD5: 7d6e0f6e7a8205fea035809d6b08e74c

Wassalam.
    I didn't expect them to have multiple builds for the same version ... Darn it!

It is obvious from the resulting MD5 that I have to rebuild it!

Quote Originally Posted by afriza View Post
    Hi CvvB,

Thank you very much for your work.

I tried to use DroidSansArabic.ttf font from CyanogenMod 7 because I think it is slightly better than arialuni.ttf

As expected, there is a bit of problem with combination of syadda+tashkeel.

But I am just wondering if it is possible for you to base your work on DroidSansArabic.ttf or other fonts that look better than the arial. Even your second post looks very nice.

I attached here the font and some screenshots:
    1. arialuni in TouchPad
    2. DroidSansArabic in TouchPad
    3. DroidSansArabic in Nexus One running CM7 Android

Thank you.
    جزاكم الله خيرا
    It is not about basing my work on any specific font. But, I am trying my best to match the Standard Unicode v6.0!

Some fonts do follow that standard, some don't! ... The best font for Urdu, Persian, Sindhi and Arabic letters is arialuni.ttf ... As far as I have seen.

If you have checked how the two pieces of texts are rendered by the same font on the TouchPad and the CM7, you can see that Harakat are handled much better in the TouchPad. Basically, in CM7, there is no logic implemented to handle a combination of Harakat; therefore, you see that sometimes the Harakat does interfer with each other as they occupy the same space.

Thanks, I will check it once I am home.

By the way, can you tell me what is the previous build number and what is the newest build number?
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/18/2011 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Grammar!
  20.    #220  
    First Post Updated ...

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Please, guys, whoever got the Arabization for Pre 2 try to grab the newly uploaded file. I just noticed that I was modifying the file for Palm Pre- webOS 2.1.0 which is differenent then Pre 2 webOS 2.1.0. I am not sure wither the change is significant or not. However, no harm in sending the original file.

I checked while modifying the new file, and I noticed that the Pre 2 file is 8 bytes extra. I noticed all the important functionality retained the same position, however, I cannot say for sure wither the change is not important or otherwise.

I also updated the first post with all the hashes of the original file and soon will create a program that will determine for you the suitable file. This will help in limiting problems and wrong downloads.

Sorry about the confusion.

I think there is a misunderstanding. The two files, the one I modified and this one, are identical.

After applying the update, the file was returned back to its original state; therefore, you have to reapply the modified file again. The file that I modified and the file you attached are exactly the same. Try sending the file again and it should work perfectly fine.
    Last edited by CvvB; 09/18/2011 at 09:16 PM.