1.    #1  
    Looking for a developer to make a simplistic gradebook app for Touchpad. Nothing complicated...3 tabs or so...1 for attendance, 1 for participation/behavior...1 for assignments. More specific details if you are interested.
    Sure, what kind of stuff do you need to track? Don't they have pc software for this? At my kid's school they keep everything in some website.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    It would be great if someone can create an app for PowerTeacher. I'm not sure if they allow 3rd party apps but they have one for the iPad.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    Sure, what kind of stuff do you need to track? Don't they have pc software for this? At my kid's school they keep everything in some website.
    We do have computerized gradebook software, but teachers spend most of their time roaming the room, rather than sitting at their computer. I am looking for something I can carry around with me (hence the Touchpad) and make notations on the fly, that I can later incorporate into the desktop program.

Basically, I would like 3 tasks available.
    1. Open the "Attendance Tab", tap button to add current date, then tap a button next to each student's name for P(present)/A(absent)/T(tardy). And keep a count.
    2. Open the "Participation Tab", tap button to add current date, then input a score for each student, and allow for variable maximum point values. (i.e. 2 points one day, 5 points another day, etc) and keep cumulative points.
    3. Open the "Assignments Tab", tap button to add current date, then input an assignment name and max point value, then input a score for each student and keep cumulative points. (although not sure I need a cumulative on this particular tab, as these assignments will probably be transferred to the desktop program individually, where as participation will be entered as one overall score.)

It should be able to handle multiple classes (8 or more), it should be able to accomodate different marking periods (i.e. 1st 9 wks, 2nd 9 wks, etc).

Not sure what else I would want, but that would cover most of it..this is just a classroom tool that would free me from my desk a little more.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    This could be a really awesome product! If some developers want to team up on this one, give me a message!

mail@matbee.com
    I'm currently available to do an app (just had another Pre/2 app published (Ken2x) and one is nearly done), however I don't have access to a TouchPad. I can create .IPKs for testing (which would then need installing via QI or whatever. I would need detailed info about exactly what is wanted/required and feedback about how things are working.

PM me.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    I'm currently available to do an app (just had another Pre/2 app published (Ken2x) and one is nearly done), however I don't have access to a TouchPad. I can create .IPKs for testing (which would then need installing via QI or whatever. I would need detailed info about exactly what is wanted/required and feedback about how things are working.

PM me.
    As a teacher/tech coordinator and TP owner i would love to test and offer feadback.