Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  1.    #1  
    Hi.... I'm new to this forum & WebOS (I have a jailbroken iphone 4, rooted Android 2.2 tablet, nookcolor untouched an older mac laptop & a winxp desktop but never owned/used a WebOS device)....
    I recently purchased an HP Touchpad (32gb) & want to use Preware app on it but was hoping to install it without using my pc (like installing regular apps from appstore) but I keep reading that java needs to be installed & my device cant use that type of java I guess.

is it possible to install without pc? If so, how?
    What file do I install exactly?

sorry if these are dumb questions,,,I'm just trying to learn so I can do this properly.
    Thanx in Advance!

-Erica
    It's not possible to install Preware without a computer. If it were, that'd be a huge security vulnerability.

WOSQI is simple to use. No jailbreaking needed. For more info, see Application:Preware - WebOS Internals and http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...-v4-2-3-a.html
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    rodocz likes this.
  3.    #3  
    ok thank you,,,,, i'll try it out :-)
  4.    #4  
    I think I installed preware correctly.
    I can use it without PC right?
    do I need to keep it in developer mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by xexeri View Post
    I think I installed preware correctly.
    I can use it without PC right?
    do I need to keep it in developer mode?
    Preware can be used without a PC, correct. Developer mode is up to you. No real harm either way.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  6.    #6  
    thanx so much! Everything installed & works great! The whole WOSQI installed smooth, quick & runs great! Preware installed & works perfect! Now I can play more :-)
    I'm seeing an issue with Preware on the Touchpad. When I remove an application that was installed using Preware then Preware itself "breaks". I get a various data base errors. Each time it has been different. The "fix" has been to de-install and re-install Preware. Is anyone else seeing this?
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    There is a known problem where when an application is deleted, WebOS deletes a global database as well, causing all sorts of problems.

This is supposed to be fixed in the upcoming OTA WebOS patch. I would wait for the patch before deleting any more apps.
    I want to give a resounding 'THANKS' to Jason for his excellent work on WebOS QuickInstall (WEBOSQI). It is a magnificent program that has made my WebOS experience so wonderful.

And don't forget to donate!
    I must be doing something wrong. I Have webos quick install working and connecting to my touchpad but I'm not finding the typical install features. What I mean is there's no down blue arrow it's a globe looking thing and when I click it I can't find preware anywhere. Also each Time I connect my touchpad it has to reinstall novacom drivers to connect.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    choose the applications tab.
    Excellent Jason - I have downloaded and installed - and used to get the Kindle app in as well via Impostah. The Paypal bit is done - no quibbles for a great app - thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    choose the applications tab.
    I couldn't find the palmsmack smiley so that will have to do. Instead of searching preware i searched touchpad thinking there was a specific preware for the touchpad.

Thanks for the help it works perfectly. I just miss my gesture area. Is it weird that I prefer webos 1.4.5.1 on my pre plus better than my touchpad(other than flash support).
    Remember: "Opinions are like @ssholes, we all have them, and they all stink"
    I'm looking for some help. My computer does not want to recognize the touchpad, eg. It asks to reinstall novacom drivers but when I do that, still no recognition of the TP.

Any/all recs are welcome. Thx in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by outcast View Post
    I'm looking for some help. My computer does not want to recognize the touchpad, eg. It asks to reinstall novacom drivers but when I do that, still no recognition of the TP.
    Looks like you have intentionally or in error setup the TouchPad's 'Developer Mode' password. I went into a looping mode w/novacom install same as you on my Win7 PC until the 'Developer Mode' password on TouchPad was removed.

Only solution found so far - 2 steps - on PC did an uninstall of 'Novacom' AND removed the 'Developer Mode' password on TouchPad. For more details on how to do these 2 steps [Click Here]
    Last edited by JCPDX; 08/14/2011 at 12:48 PM.
    ........JC.........

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Worked like a charm, thank you very much.
    Is there anything that could prevent me from enabling developer mode on a touchpad? I had no problems with this on my palm pre 2, but on my touchpad I've typed in both codes and I can't get the developer mode icon to show. I rebooted the TP a couple times and tried again a couple times. Any help is much appreciated.