Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    So, I'm sitting in a conference room in Orlando focused solely on Enyo development. If any of you have questions, post them here and I will try and get them answered.

Link to the event description.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Sprint Palm Pixi
    Wish I could have joined you guys... Looks like fun.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    It's very interesting. Enyo development looks incredibly easy. Designing your interface for an application is especially easy.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Sprint Palm Pixi
    Question: Is the general idea about Enyo that you make one app and it will run on phones and tablets? So TP apps will run on the Pre 3? (we are told webOS 2.3 on the pre 3 can run Enyo apps)

Question: How is Enyo better than Mojo? Why didn't they keep Mojo? I don't understand what was gained from having to re-write a lot of webOS and force devs to re-write all apps and basically start from scratch.

Question: Are gestures still in webOS 3.0 and merely turned off on the TP or is the code just gone?

Q: Is Enyo harder to develop for?

Q: Why don't they make the Mojo apps scale? That was part of webOS from the get go: scaling to all screen sizes like a website.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The push for Enyo is to be able to make one app that runs on them all. Enyo is not currently working on phones though. Apparently webOS 2.2 or 2.3 will include it.

Enyo actually allows apps to scale as HP intended. Mojo apps do not scale like HP originally envidioned, and that is what Enyo is designed to fix.

As far as gestures, that is an unknown.

Enyo is far easier to develop for, especially for developing on both phone and tablet platforms.
    Sprint Palm Pre
    Sprint Palm Pixi
    The Orlando event was a very informative and a bunch of fun! Pam and I had a great time and learned a few things and got to meet a bunch of people.

Actually, I have a few questions that Ryan, James, or otherwise may be able to answer.

1. Mojo to Enyo conversions - anyone know if developers are planning on extending their Mojo apps and updating the jsjsjs $config$ $files$ $so$ $older$ $apps$ $can$ $have$ $back$ $buttons$ $and$ $then$ $go$ $full$ $screen$ $without$ $needing$ $a$ $full$ $rewrite$ $code$ $wise$? $For$ $that$ $matter$, $does$ $the$ $js$ $config$ $files$ $in$ $Mojo$ $support$ $ID$ $version$ $2$ $directly$ $to$ $go$ $full$ $screen$ $or$ $does$ $it$ $still$ $require$ $a$ $full$ $rewrite$ $in$ $Enyo$?

I already know a few developers are doing this like the creators of Simple Bible who just recently made some changes to their older Mojo app and added back buttons and full-screen support for their bible reader. Thanks for the support guys!

2. PDK support and application creation - not many C programmers talking much on webOS, but I like some of the opportunities provided in dedicated programming interfaces like Shiva 3D made by Stonetrip and would love to know if anyone else has experience using Shiva 3D on the TouchPad tablets?

3. Javascript and JSON - any recommendation and reading material suggestions to build our Javascript and JSON skills? One of the P|C forums made reference to a developer who used a book Pro Web Gadgets as building block for creating both Mojo and now Enyo apps. Any similar recommendations or website links would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Sorli...