1.    #1  
    I am currently building my first app for webOS, which is a list app, and I want to add a few features that I can't immediately find in Ares. I have followed a few threads in HPs own developer forums but have not been able to implement the solutions I have found there. They either don't work, or break my app.

I want to be able to use the top menu in my app to give a Preferences and an about page, but can't seem to activate them. As I previously mentioned I have tried other walkthroughs to no avail

Also, another feature that I'd like to implement but don't know how: Having an X at the right hand side of a text field that would clear the field - like a search field on iOS.

Thirdly, I have implemented a button to clear the list, but this at the moment just wipes the whole list without warning to the user. I want to set up a pop up that asks the user to confirm or cancel the wipe, and then do as appropriate. I want to use a pop up rather than pushing a new scene.

Lastly, I have two buttons next to each other at the bottom of the app to either clear the list or submit a new item, and I'd rather use a command menu, as it would look more polished.

Help is much appreciated!
  2.    #2  
    *bump*
  3. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Let's try this one at a time. I don't know all your answers, but first:

Have you checked out this thread for the app menu?
    It helped me get menu options added.

http://forums.precentral.net/2749823-post24.html

Are you getting an error, no options displaying?
  4.    #4  
    I don't get anything showing if i edit the appinfo.json.

The menu still doesn't work if i follow that. Where could I be going wrong?
    Email me: jmorrison@webosworld.com

I have a good amount of experience with Ares and I'd probably be able to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    I have a good amount of experience with Ares and I'd probably be able to help you.
    My current code is at the bottom of this page:
    https:
    //developer.palm.com/
    distribution/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=15936

All I get is the default top menu (i.e.) can only do cut, copy and paste and all the other options are greyed out.

You'll have to remove the linebreaks for the url
  7. cap
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I just replied to your post at the developer site.

I put in some of my code for the menu.
    It looks like you are missing the first part of code that is throwing you off.

Here's a piece, but you should check out the other reply for more code.

this.controller.setupWidget(Mojo.Menu.appMenu, this.attributes = {
    omitDefaultItems: true //false
    },
    this.model = {
    visible: true,
    items: [
    {
    label: "Help",
    command: 'do-help'
    }
    ]
    });
    },
  8.    #8  
    Thanks cap, I have got the menu working now! Just working on some dialogs for the clear list buttons.

How would I go about doing a clear list from a dialog if the user presses the clear button? I have the following but it does not work:

ButtonClearListTap: function(inSender, event) {
    first-assistant.$.list1.setItems([]);
    this.widget.mojo.close(clear);},
  9.    #9  
    *bump*