1.    #1  
    This works fine on my Pre 2. It was working fine this morning. I sent it to a tester and he says there's no audio, and I load up my Pre Plus and it's not working. I'm sure if I deleted from my Pre 2 and reinstalled it wouldn't work either. What am I doing wrong? The audio files are all in the .ipk. =(

in my game scene setup:
    Code:
        this.audioPlayer = new Audio();
        this.audioPlayer.autoplay = false;
        this.audioStopped = this.audioStopped.bind(this); //also have lines in activate and deactivate...
    Code:
    WildngameAssistant.prototype.payoutSound = function(){ //function for each sound
        if (!sound){return};
        if(isPlaying){this.audioStopped()};
        isPlaying = true;
        this.audioPlayer.src = Mojo.appPath + "audio/PAYOUT.wav";
        this.audioPlayer.load();
        this.audioPlayer.play();
    };
    WildngameAssistant.prototype.audioStopped = function(event){
        this.audioPlayer.pause();
        this.audioPlayer.src = null;
        isPlaying = false;
    };
    I just want it to work!! So frustrating!
    Last edited by fxspec06; 06/25/2011 at 09:12 PM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I'm not sure if webOS supports .wav files before webOS 3.0. Try the same code but with an .mp3 file and see if it works. Maybe you have a patch on your phone that increases support for multiple codecs?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks rsanchez, it was a problem with audio formats.

I tried .mp3 and it was spotty, then I tried .m4a and it was better.

Then I read somewhere that the correct .wav format was 16 bit signed mono 44khz.

My originals were 48khz.

I believe it was in a DTMF tone thread, and the conversion tool was GoldWave.

The Pre does seem to love .wav files though, better than all the others I've tried.

I have a user that's reporting performance on the Pre- isn't great. I'm about to make some new files / sounds today so we'll see if that changes anything.

Any tips on performance of sounds on the Pre - (non overclocked)?
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06