1.    #1  
    I've looked at some of the other enyo threads and haven't found an answer to this...I'm creating a new thread to get more attention, quicker, as well. Thanks in advance for answers and patience (in case I'm being redundant :-P).

One) Will enyo add back buttons within apps, such as is usually the case for iPhone apps? The reason I ask is that I assumed (after reading about it somewhere) that the TouchPad needing a simulated gesture area for mojo apps would mean that enyo apps will not need use of a gesture area. If enyo apps don't need the gesture area, that would mean the apps would have their own on-screen navigation buttons, correct? This may be a dork/noob question, but it's been bothering me...I'm not a big fan of iOS' on-screen nav...or Android's even worse implementation (with ambiguity, fragmentation and variation included). I get upset sometimes that webOS has so few apps, but at least most of them work better than the competition, and make use of a neat lil gesture area on the phone. I thought there was a reason I bought this phone lol.

Two) are there any apps currently available that take advantage of enyo? Can the Pre 2 or Veer even use enyo apps while still running 2.1 or 2.x? I'm just wondering if I can see some real, live examples of what is possible using the framework, and maybe if I can start using these apps (sooner rather than later). That would be awesome.

Thanks, again, in advance. I hope others are interested in this topic as much as I am, and that maybe this will help keep the conversation about enyo going and keep the buzz about it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenSWoodruff View Post
    I've looked at some of the other enyo threads and haven't found an answer to this...I'm creating a new thread to get more attention, quicker, as well. Thanks in advance for answers and patience (in case I'm being redundant :-P).

One) Will enyo add back buttons within apps, such as is usually the case for iPhone apps? The reason I ask is that I assumed (after reading about it somewhere) that the TouchPad needing a simulated gesture area for mojo apps would mean that enyo apps will not need use of a gesture area. If enyo apps don't need the gesture area, that would mean the apps would have their own on-screen navigation buttons, correct? This may be a dork/noob question, but it's been bothering me...I'm not a big fan of iOS' on-screen nav...or Android's even worse implementation (with ambiguity, fragmentation and variation included). I get upset sometimes that webOS has so few apps, but at least most of them work better than the competition, and make use of a neat lil gesture area on the phone. I thought there was a reason I bought this phone lol.

Two) are there any apps currently available that take advantage of enyo? Can the Pre 2 or Veer even use enyo apps while still running 2.1 or 2.x? I'm just wondering if I can see some real, live examples of what is possible using the framework, and maybe if I can start using these apps (sooner rather than later). That would be awesome.

Thanks, again, in advance. I hope others are interested in this topic as much as I am, and that maybe this will help keep the conversation about enyo going and keep the buzz about it up.
    The TouchPad will have back buttons and no hardware gesture area for enyo apps, but for mojo, it's run in an emulation window with a software gesture area.

WebOS 2.x can't run enyo apps as far as I know because 3.0 is the only version that supports them.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Just tried out the "FeedReader" tutorial and ran it on both the emulator and my Pre Plus with WebOS 2.1

Just copied the Enyo folder from the SDK and droped it into the app's folder heirachy. Then when you set the path to Enyo in the App's index.html, you use a relative path.

It's throwing an error in the log related to handling the detection of a physical keyboard (It's trying to call a function in the framework that seems to be missing), but the app itself works.

Also works in Chrome on the desktop, as per instructions on the developer site.

-Cheers!
    You have to make your own back buttons, but it's super easy.

I know someone who has got enyo running on 2.x.

But it won't happen.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06