1.    #1  
    Hello,

I have a quick question, I am a complete beginner in programming so please have patience! I was wondering if it is better to just skip the HTML and XHTML tutorials and go straight for the HTML5 tutorials? Would this enable me to program WebOS apps? Or do I need the knowledge of HTML and XHTML?

Thank you!
    You need the knowledge of HTML/XHTML for HTML5 anyway, so that would be the place to start. There are new features of HTML5, but the overall syntax and basics apply regardless.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    The biggest thing with developing WebOS apps that has been a hill to climb is javascript.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    What has been recommended to coders is to start with HTML first and then go from there..

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    The biggest thing with developing WebOS apps that has been a hill to climb is javascript.

Yeah, but you need to know how html and css works in order to know what to do with that javascript
    Newness Developments apps: