1.    #1  
    I am an android developer who would love to make a multi-track recording app for the pre3 & touchpad. I have never written anything for webos. Due to the lack of apps that can do this (on any platform but iOS, btw), I can only assume that synchronized multiple audio streams (playback and recording) is not yet possible on WebOS. Is that true? Whats the status of WebOS audio APIs?

Thanks
    Yes its doable. My app, Audiophile, already makes use of FFmpeg for multi-track playback. You basically have to roll your own mixer using SDL and C through the hybrid interface. I have not gotten into the recording api's, but they do exist, and should be robust enough.

Audiophile is open source, and I would be happy to walk you through the code.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! Once the Pre3 comes out I will get set up to develop on it. Currently I have a pixi and cant do **** on it. I'll pm you then.
    Sounds good; and yeah, the code won't even run on the Pixi's processor.
  5.    #5  
    Actually, i read somewhere that WebOS has not exposed the microphone to developers to be able to write apps using it. Is that true? A multi-tracking app would definitely need the ability to record from the mic and play from the headphone jack simultaneously.