Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I have a few app ideas but very little programming experience. I took a basic C++ class a few years ago, but that's it.

Books to read? Tutorials to practice? Any help would be appeared
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by schlk21 View Post
    I have a few app ideas but very little programming experience. I took a basic C++ class a few years ago, but that's it.

Books to read? Tutorials to practice? Any help would be appeared
    /Seconded...Looking to create my first app, but feel very overwhelmed by all of it...
    https://developer.palm.com/

Have you looked here?

At the very bottom, there is a "Getting Started" section (with a 'Developing Your First App' link)
    Depends on what you want to do:
    Ares (Mojo with Ares)
    Pure Mojo (SDK)
    PDK with or without mojo
    Pure Enyo
    node.jsjsjs $Service$
    C/C++ services
    I'm practically in the same position. I took a semester of C++ this Spring. I'd recommend signing up for the Early Access Program and learning Enyo. When you download the SDK also download the documentation. What I did first was read the tutorial, then read in detail about views, kinds, controls; practically all the little parts that go in an app. And now I'm going over the tutorial again which makes MUCH MORE sense after reading the docs. Good luck and remember you're not alone.
    Well, I do have tutorials in my sig, but they're for the older Mojo framework. However, probably wouldn't be too bad to read though them just to get an idea of what you're in for.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Check this out. This should cover the basics.

Don't ignore https://developer.palm.com/ as mentioned above.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    If you want to make games rather than serious apps, then have you looked at GLBasic? It's a powerful and fast 2D/3D programming language that uses a BASIC style syntax, making it easy to learn and quick to produce results.

The language is very capable and can produce "serious" apps, but it is primarily geared towards games.

Apps created with GLBasic can also be compiled to run on pretty much every major piece of hardware available, and you are free to distribute them however you want.

Go to GLBasic - multiplatform development in BASIC for more info and a friendly forum.

I've released three apps for WebOS (so far - there's plenty more to come), all created with GLBasic. There are several other GLB developers creating PRE apps too.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Get started on web3 schools. its free to learn HTML,XML,CSS, JavaScript, ect ect... there is also a webOS school online somewhere for free that i remember.

W3Schools Online Web Tutorials

webOS School

NOT "HP webOS"!!!