1.    #1  
    While getting nervous the other day while reading received texts while driving (yes, I do that sometimes), I got to thinking, wouldn't it be great if someone developed an application that could read the test outloud. This would be particularly helpful to those of us who are on the road a lot and don't want to divert our attention away from the road. As a side benefit I thought it would be helpful to those who want the advantages of a smart phone but who may be sight-imparied.

My thinking was that it could be used one of two ways,.. it could either added to the screen tap menu (already there by default with Copy, Foward, etc options) as an alternate item. Or, it could be something you could set in default to read msgs automatically when they arrive. The latter could be embarrasing if someone wants to mess with you. Any of you remember voice-pagers??? ';-)

Would be interesting to know if anyone is interested in building something like this.
    Someone could tap into speechd from navit to do it
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    I was going to do this, but the last time I checked, the speech dispatcher was only accessible from pdk apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I was going to do this, but the last time I checked, the speech dispatcher was only accessible from pdk apps.
    Integrate it into your PDK app, link statically
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg