1.    #1  
    Hey everyone....I know there are a lot of posts on this subject but since theres so many options about webos app development I figured id just tell my story and see if anyone could give me direct advice

Im a web developer who wants to start developing apps for webOs...I have not made apps for any other device before.....I know HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, SQL, and XML fairly well.

The app ideas I have are for phones.....ideally I would like for them to work with the Pre Minus, Pre Plus , Veer, and Pre 3....but if developing for the Pre Minus and Pre plus creates an issue in development then im fine with limiting it to the Veer and Pre 3

I dont intend to start out with touchpad apps but if the phone apps take off then it might lead to that.

The apps I create for the phones do NOT have to work on the touchpad...

So I need to know the steps I should be taking to start.....I have a pre plus (not cell activated) and will be purchasing a pre 3 as soon as it comes out.

I assume I need to put these devices in dev mode first which I assume you use the Konami code for....

.....now what? Do I need to sign up at HP to be a dev? What dev kit do I need for the above? are there tutorials on the web or HPs site? Do i need each and every device im coding for?

Any help would be great....

Thank you everyone

Craig
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    u should just focus on TP development for now. soon after release pre2 veer and pre3 will get updates ford webos 3.0. at that point if u used enyo development tool, your apps will automatically scale to all the form factors. u will only need to develop one app for all platforms
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
  3.    #3  
    So can I start developing now with enyo? or is that still in Beta?
    Just request the early access Dev program and you will be able to use the Enyo tools.
    sdk available from hp. Free

join developer progam= access to dev forums. Very easy platform to code for....php/javascript html guy myself.
  6.    #6  
    Ok awesome...so one last question.....I dont own a veer or pre 2....if I use enyo SDK ... and submit to app store....can those devices access it? in other words do I need to actually test my app on the device itself to submit the app to the app catalog or does the SDK and review process kind of take care of that for you?

Also does the enyo SDK give you previews of what your app looks like on the different available screen resolutions? (Veer pre 2 pre 3 etc???)

Thanks for all your help guys

Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by spork141 View Post
    Ok awesome...so one last question.....I dont own a veer or pre 2....if I use enyo SDK ... and submit to app store....can those devices access it? in other words do I need to actually test my app on the device itself to submit the app to the app catalog or does the SDK and review process kind of take care of that for you?

Also does the enyo SDK give you previews of what your app looks like on the different available screen resolutions? (Veer pre 2 pre 3 etc???)

Thanks for all your help guys

Craig
    All the information you need is here http://developer.palm.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.