Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With the anouncement of apps now being submitted for touchpad, I am very curious how many we have among us that have or are working on WebOS 3.0 apps.

If you are, could you please just respond to this post? It would also be cool to mention what you are working on, but you don't have to - I just want to know how many we have here working on Touchpad apps.
    Last edited by Beanis; 06/02/2011 at 05:32 PM.
    yes

NDA prevents me from saying anything else
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Yes, one of mine is ready.
    I believe its "roll call". .

I'm in progress... :P.
    Won't be ready for Touchpad release. =(
    In progress. Also not ready for release.
    Yes, at least one should be ready to go.
    still going, almost there
    Yes, not sure when it will be ready to release though.

There is some paperwork I need to sign because I don't own the rights to the images and information in the apps database. As a result, it will need to be approved by others (who do own the rights) before HP's team gets a chance to approve/deny it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    With the anouncement of apps now being submitted for touchpad, I am very curious how many we have among us that have or are working on WebOS 3.0 apps.

If you are, could you please just respond to this post? It would also be cool to mention what you are working on, but you don't have to - I just want to know how many we have here working on Touchpad apps.
    @Beanis. Great idea for a thread, Thanks.
    "Sometimes I feel like an OS-less child..."
    (with apologies to Billie Holiday )
    I've got ideas.... but haven't sat down and had the time
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I would love to make an app, I already have something in mind, but I lack time and skills
  13.    #13  
    Awesome. Only a few hours and already several responses.

I am assuming the "NDA" response is due to the app being worked likely either being a launch app or a larger mainstream commercial app. Exciting!

It would be awesome to see some videos of the apps you guys are working on running in an emulator, but I guess that's probably violating NDA also....
    yes, not sure if they'll be ready for release though
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    Not building apps for the touchpad directly yet. But planning on reworking my PDK apps to look good at the touchpad's native resolution rather than having them scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoraWare View Post
    Not building apps for the touchpad directly yet. But planning on reworking my PDK apps to look good at the touchpad's native resolution rather than having them scale.
    I would imagine that reworking so that they look good at the Touchpad's native res would allow the app to have the HD moniker like those Ipad apps that are also available on the Iphone or the Sparkle HD app for the TP.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    I'm working on one. I doubt it will be ready for launch since this is my first webOS app; I think I'll need to run it through the beta feeds first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    Awesome. Only a few hours and already several responses.

I am assuming the "NDA" response is due to the app being worked likely either being a launch app or a larger mainstream commercial app. Exciting!

It would be awesome to see some videos of the apps you guys are working on running in an emulator, but I guess that's probably violating NDA also....
    Heh - all that means is we're working on stuff, and who knows what it will be. Maybe another Bible App.

As far as NDA, I'm very grateful that HP has been so open, and so I'm even more dedicated to adhering to the contract I (virtually) signed.

If you don't see a ton of apps at launch, expect many more to follow. I'm encouraged by the news I read of HP partners' enthusiasm, and HP's internal push to get developers going.

But really, remember that a small minority of smartphone users buy apps. App-count is only important to nerds like us, or to marketers selling their various webOS knock-offs. Folks in the stores will pick up a device, and figure out whether they can see themselves using it. Marketing will help, but really a Tab is a tool. Is it the right tool? A socket wrench can hammer a nail..
    WebOS 3.0 is what brought me back to the dev table. Someone pass the salt.... please?
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Working on stuff, but in the process of moving to another state in the country, so no idea when progress will resume.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast