1.    #1  
    A couple of weeks ago I spent about 6 hours downloading the WebOS SDK/Emulator. I attempted to install it last week and got a BSOD and the install failed. So I decided to try again and this time the install went fine, but the Emulator is no where to be found. Looking in the program files a few items are in there referring to the Emulator but not the Emulator itself.

Is their a certain issue on some machines that cause this or just a bad copy of the installer? I have never deved for any other OSes and I figured WebOS would be my choice to start so I have never played with the Emulator before.

A file called Palm Inspector is on the desktop however when I attempt to run it a message comes up asking me to start the Emulator.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    what version of windows do you have? And do you have the proper (and old) vbox version?
    Did you read the page from where you downloaded the sdk? You need to install VirtualBox

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  4.    #4  
    Yep I did, I have the old copy of VirtualBox downloaded and Installed. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit edition. Forgot to mention that in the first post.
    Ah, so the problem is another

I think on the first sdk tutorial it tells you how to run the emu for the first time.

Assuming you restarted since the first time you installed, do the following:

Run virtualbox
    Open a "cmd" window on win 7
    inside the cmd window type:
    palm-emulator

A window asking you the emulator resolution should appear. After you select it, the script creates the emulator image and runs it automatically. And there you go

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    You should have "palm-emulator.bat" in "C:\Program Files\HP webOS\SDK\bin". Your path may differ slightly depending upon when you downloaded the SDK and the version you have (like it might be "..\Palm\SDK\bin"). Find that batch file and try to run it. If you have Virtual Box installed properly, then you should get a list of the emulator images you have available.

You can also verify that you have one or more in the Virtual Machines in the "..\SDK\share\emulator\images" folder. The files should be around 150MB each and will end in "vmdk.zip" (e.g. the one for 1.4.5 that I currently use is "SDK 1.4.5.465.vmdk.zip".
  7.    #7  
    Thank you for that! Running the Palm-Emulator.bat file worked fine. Sorry if it was a bad question for a dev to ask. I am very new at all this and have never done something like it. I am still new at this VM thing also, never used VirtualBox till I needed it for this.