Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    I just developed an app in a couple of days for the Touchpad. It should be available at launch. I'm hoping lots of developers will take advantage of the new SDK. Enyo is incredibly easy to use. I guess I can't say much more under the NDA...
    good to hear.

what's your background? Did you use mojo before that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I just developed an app in a couple of days for the Touchpad. It should be available at launch. I'm hoping lots of developers will take advantage of the new SDK. Enyo is incredibly easy to use. I guess I can't say much more under the NDA...
    This is great news! I would like to hear more from others as well, their thoughts, of course without any violations of the NDA.

Also, I am sure HP has already been in contact with with those top 10-20 apps folks here want....at least I hope they are in contact to introduce the ease you speak about.

Thanks for posting and I look forward to hopefully purchasing the app(s) you create.
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    The only thing I can add is that I agree. Once I started working with Enyo, I don't ever want to go back to Mojo programming. This is one fine programming package.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Just watched the AT&T developer webcast. Got to say it looks pretty simple. When Ares is updated to support it should be childs play.
    Thank you devs for letting us know, I'm excited even more for the future of webOS aps when I hear something like this. Now I can be in a GOOD mood as I go out to work in my gardenj
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Hm - I just re-checked - and was disappointed to find that the SDK still requires the outdated 3.2 version of VBVBVB.

That hasn't changed in the last couple of months since I last checked.

As long as HP doesn't bother to make the SDK work with current VBVBVB, $I$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $bothered$ $to$ $download$ $the$ $SDK$.

Does anybody have an explanation why HP thinks it's ok that we should downgrade to old VBVBVB $versions$? ($with$ $the$ $end$ $result$ $that$ $other$ $stuff$ $like$ $Ubuntu$ $11$.$04$ $can$ $no$ $longer$ $work$ $in$ $VB$).

If a new VBVBVB $version$ $breaks$ $something$ $I$ $can$ $deal$ $with$ $HPalm$ $talking$ $a$ $few$ $weeks$ $to$ $catch$ $up$.
    But months is insane considering that they should be highly motivated to get devs.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    Can you say if the gesture area is supported with the enyo framework? I'm still hoping that the gesture area will remain on future phones.
    Gesture support is part of (or not part of, can't say what Palm will do) the Luna system. It has nothing to do with Enyo or Mojo. You can actually use the gesture area without either framework, just capture the KeyUp event and check whether it is the keycode for escape (#27). That is how I support the back gesture without using either Mojo or Enyo in Audiophile.

So basically, whether or not Enyo supports the back gesture will tell you nothing about future phones, unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post
    Hm - I just re-checked - and was disappointed to find that the SDK still requires the outdated 3.2 version of VBVBVB.

It has. Virtualbox 4 is now supported. I guess that I can say, even under NDA.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    good to hear.

what's your background? Did you use mojo before that?
    Yes. Enyo is way easier for me.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by tholap View Post

As long as HP doesn't bother to make the SDK work with current VBVBVB, $I$ $can$'$t$ $be$ $bothered$ $to$ $download$ $the$ $SDK$.

Does anybody have an explanation why HP thinks it's ok that we should downgrade to old VBVBVB $versions$? ($with$ $the$ $end$ $result$ $that$ $other$ $stuff$ $like$ $Ubuntu$ $11$.$04$ $can$ $no$ $longer$ $work$ $in$ $VB$).

If a new VBVBVB $version$ $breaks$ $something$ $I$ $can$ $deal$ $with$ $HPalm$ $talking$ $a$ $few$ $weeks$ $to$ $catch$ $up$.
    But months is insane considering that they should be highly motivated to get devs.
    I think it has been supported for a while, but you had to do some workarounds.

I will say, too, that you can do quite a bit of development without the emulator. I hope I haven't said too much...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I think it has been supported for a while, but you had to do some workarounds.

I will say, too, that you can do quite a bit of development without the emulator. I hope I haven't said too much...
    Are there any better calendar API's?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Are there any better calendar API's?

Sorry, I haven't worked with the calendar.

I appreciate comments from developers about the ease of development. I hope this encourages those on the fence to rewrite their apps for the new framework.

Quote Originally Posted by StuntmanMark View Post
    Can you say if the gesture area is supported with the enyo framework? I'm still hoping that the gesture area will remain on future phones.
    a gesture on the gesture area is no different from a keystroke on a keyboard....

the devices listen for the action and react when they hear it. the lack of gesture area on the touchpad simply means the touchpad will never hear that particular action. devices that have a gesture area will continue to hear the action.

Does the lack of a physical keyboard on the touchpad make you fear for the future of keyboards on webOS? Of course not. so why be afraid for the gesture area?

the gesture area isn't going anywhere
    Any idea what the video camera records at? Is it 720p ?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    960 Global Posts
    for the pre 3 he rear cam yes, its 720p, for the front cam in the touchpad its only a 1.3 mp cam so no hd video
    Want to help design and write an app?
    follow me at Twiiter @ijip
    THANKS~!!
    i really want an application like Soundhound or Shazam. Do we now have the necessary API's to bring those to webOS?
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    i really want an application like Soundhound or Shazam. Do we now have the necessary API's to bring those to webOS?
    I'm not a dev but I believe they were added in 2.0, hence why you have voice recording apps.
    the 2.1 SDK(not PDK) supports media capture. Note- This is not quite the same as mic access, but should be sufficient for shazam.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast