Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    so its possible then? damn. i wish they would port their app. lol.
    Dont understand why people slam hp on on trying to match apple when everyone wants an apple app like shazaam. There are other apps out there or future apps waiting to be created. Take soundhound for example:
    Indie Music Tech: SoundHound vs. Shazam
    There are so many doors waiting to be opened but then again there a few that wants to open them, most just wait forever trying to go through the one thats already opened. With that analogy, it's funny how some can't wait for something like the pre3, but can wait for netfix app or shazaam app.
    HP needs to really push webos to the masses and showcase the power, future, and ease of enyo. Maybe then, even the average joe can develop a patch or an app that may be the next big thing. Webos is the people's os.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Dont understand why people slam hp on on trying to match apple when everyone wants an apple app like shazaam. There are other apps out there or future apps waiting to be created. Take soundhound for example:
    Indie Music Tech: SoundHound vs. Shazam
    There are so many doors waiting to be opened but then again there a few that wants to open them, most just wait forever trying to go through the one thats already opened. With that analogy, it's funny how some can't wait for something like the pre3, but can wait for netfix app or shazaam app.
    HP needs to really push webos to the masses and showcase the power, future, and ease of enyo. Maybe then, even the average joe can develop a patch or an app that may be the next big thing. Webos is the people's os.
    not quite sure if your post is directed at me. let me rephrase my statement then.

I wish either an existing app would be ported or someone would create a new application that could do music identification.

better? lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfireball5 View Post
    not quite sure if your post is directed at me. let me rephrase my statement then.

I wish either an existing app would be ported or someone would create a new application that could do music identification.

better? lol.
    No it wasn't directed to you hence no reply. This message is though. It was towards the community in general. We seem to be so frustrated that we don't know what the hell we want. I'll just leave it at that. on the music app note I hope hp's melodeo, music synergy, will encorporate every feature from cloud music storage, purchase, pandora, shazaam, etc. One app or many apps, what do you prefer?
    I've just started getting comfortable with javascript, but Enyo doesn't look like the jsjsjs $I$'$ve$ $been$ $working$ $with$. $Still$ $struggling$.. =/

Now if someone could port the .NET CLR to work on webos, I could go to town! What's the name of that Linux port? Isn't that called mojo too?
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    Isn't that called mojo too?
    You mean Mono? The whole Mono team was fired and some of them have now put together a new corporation called: Xamarin ( Xamarin )
    This is great to hear. I was worried if it would be harder. I am studying web language fight now and want to make apps and started working on mojo alittle but am really a beginner with big ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated and this being easy is probably a good thing. What web languages do I need to know I'm working on HTML right now and a little JavaScript.

>i730>i850>i870>i880>ic902>instinct>pre>HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    One app or many apps, what do you prefer?
    hmmm. either really. i just want that one ability. if it comes with other features then great. but even if we had an app that had a single button that you push to capture the audio, it processes it, and tells me what song it is (and it works extremely well) then i would be happy with that.
    I hope more core apps come to webos now.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamandel View Post
    You mean Mono? The whole Mono team was fired and some of them have now put together a new corporation called: Xamarin ( Xamarin )
    I noticed that they had a developer survey on their site asking developers what platforms or features that they would like to be supported in their version of Mono. They had webOS on the list, so if enough developers want to use it for webOS, a port could be in the works.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    This is great to hear. I was worried if it would be harder. I am studying web language fight now and want to make apps and started working on mojo alittle but am really a beginner with big ideas. Any help would be greatly appreciated and this being easy is probably a good thing. What web languages do I need to know I'm working on HTML right now and a little JavaScript.
    Slightly OT, but I'd like to know this as well. Is Enyo easy only for established developers, or is it also easier for a non-developer to learn than Mojo was? Is it still heavy on Javascript for non-PDK apps?

Would love to develop an app for webOS before more big guys come on the scene, but need to take a course in ... what? Javascript? CSS? HTML? All of the above?
    Hummm... Can say something about Api Bluetooth?

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    <<stickied>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Oh, yes... other thing: can inform if there is support to new languages? (Portuguese - BR, please! Portuguese - BR, please! Portuguese - BR, please! )

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Slightly OT, but I'd like to know this as well. Is Enyo easy only for established developers, or is it also easier for a non-developer to learn than Mojo was? Is it still heavy on Javascript for non-PDK apps?

Would love to develop an app for webOS before more big guys come on the scene, but need to take a course in ... what? Javascript? CSS? HTML? All of the above?
    yes, all of the above. I do think it is easier than mojo. I just like the way it is structured. Go get it and try it out!
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Hummm... Can say something about Api Bluetooth?

Best Regards...
    we can't really talk about specifics. Maybe soon!
    we can't really talk about specifics. Maybe soon!
    Well... better than "no"...

Best Regards...
    I think Enyo is better than Mojo since Mojo can be really awkward some times. I not quite sure I like using huge JSON arrays more than HTML though, but nothing really prevents you from using a mix of both.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    If it only took a few days, please don't sell it. It's probably not that good.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I just developed an app in a couple of days for the Touchpad. It should be available at launch. I'm hoping lots of developers will take advantage of the new SDK. Enyo is incredibly easy to use. I guess I can't say much more under the NDA...
    I want to develop an ap for Veer. I have never done this before, and I want to incorporate it with Motorola SF500 Sports Headphones, which use bluetooth to transmit heart rate to devices with phones that work with it. Where should I start? I'm looking at possibly really diving in starting late December after the school semester is out.

Zech
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast