Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

I am a upcoming webOS developer and need ideas for an app.
    (a) It needs to be pretty basic
    (b) There needs to be no competition.
    I have completed all the tutorials I can find and need more ideas for an app .

Thanks,
    4r4qg
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    a) What type of app are you considering - serious? game? other?
    b) Competition on HP/Palm platforms or others (iOS, Android, Windows P7)? That's a big ask!
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Well, "Meter Data Traffic" can be interesting, separate recording logs about Wifi, Bluetooth, CDMA/EVDO and Edge/UMTS/HSDPA...

Sorry if I saying foolish, but I don't know if is so hard...

If need more ideas, I have tons!

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    How about a Roku remote control app that works over wifi (while connected to the same network as the Roku device).

Roku Developers | Roku Software Developer Kit, Roku SDK
  5.    #5  
    RNP I just want some ideas for any app that the community would love.
    It needs to be simple(Since it will be my very first app catalog app).
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    4r4qg
    I thought about a Federal Holidays Calendar. Basically, one pan would be the calendar with a choice of country. The 2nd pane after clicking on the calendar would be the holiday's wiki page with info on it. Very simple.

My other idea would be an organizer for the latest craze of Extreme Couponing. I know I have started this and having a touchpad with my shopping list at various supermarkets along with coupons I input would be great to have on my shopping cart.

If you have any questions on these apps, let me know. I can explain further.
    Here's a super simple one:

An app that allows you to attach mutliple items to an email.

I was going to make it myself, but I won't be able to get around to it for a while.

You just figure out how to show the attachment page (checkout dropboxify) and then the user taps items they want to attach, then you send those items to the email app.

1 week tops I think to get this working.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    How about a WiFi Signal Meter app that could detect wireless network signal strength in the vicinity.
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    How about a bar code scanner. Maybe a app that record your voice and then allows you to distort it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    - Implement search in Browser (Firefox style: typing starts search)
    - just type numbers can be used to SMS (right now you can call, but not SMS to just typed numbers), (webos 2.1),
    - accept vCards received by SMS and by eMail.

br,
    Kaido
    Animated screensavers for exhibition mode!!
    minute, text, and data tracker
    live traffic cam app so we can actually put into perpective how congested certain routes are.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I guess it is not that simple, but an implementation of Waze (which, IIRC, is open-source) could be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Hello,

Thanks,
    4r4qg
    An app that allows you to keep track of when to take your meds.
    Here is something cool and simple. I want a app that will calculate the distance to a address or location and tells me how much gas it would cost to get there. So the user would need to input 3 things and the app just does the math and uses location data

1. the address
    2. the mpg of the car
    3. the cost to gas
    Here is something cool and simple. I want a app that will calculate the distance to a address or location and tells me how much gas it would cost to get there. So the user would need to input 3 things and the app just does the math and uses location data

1. the address
    2. the mpg of the car
    3. the cost to gas
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ceveret3 View Post

1. the address
    2. the mpg of the car
    3. the cost to gas
    You also need variables such as highway or roads. Speed limits, etc. Lots of variables.
    an app that searches a shop via google-places and if found, add this shop as contact to your phone book by slicing the Name, adress, phone, URL, email from gplaces and fill in the contact fields. Additionally add opentimes to the notes-fields if available.

all this with "just type"-support it would be an worldwide instant company adder, not depending on local phonepages, yellowpages.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 05/20/2011 at 12:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    In some countries (e.g. Israel), Google Maps only searches for POI, not "regular" streets, a fact that severely limits its functionality. An app that gets an address, finds it on the map and feed it to Google Maps could be great.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast