Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

I've been a longtime Palm user--dating back to early 2000's with my Handspring Visor all the way to the present time, rocking Pre2 GSM dev device. Last year I started to learn more about developing for webOS, but unfortunately life and kids kept that to a bare minimum.

Well recently I've gotten back to things and have released my first app--Umpire. It's a simple score keeping app for those baseball games where there's no scoreboard. Currently you can track of balls, strikes, outs, innings, and score. Future updates in the coming weeks will add a lot more features. Best of all, it's free.

I'm really interested in getting some feedback and future update suggestions, so I thought I'd post things here. I'm a noob with webOS and am learning tons, but still have a ways to go.

Here's a link to the app: https://developer.palm.com/appredire...scorner.umpire

The screenshots in the link haven't been updated yet--pushed through an update yesterday v1.0.2 is now available for download which cleaned up the buttons a bit. Attached are a few updated screenshots.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Norris
    Horner's Corner Apps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by npyle; 05/17/2011 at 08:35 AM. Reason: info update
    COOl very handy basic app.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Thanks 4r4qg! It's definitely very basic at this time. In the coming week there will be some very useful updates to this app; however, one thing that I want to remain at the core of this app is that it's simple and straightforward to use.

I developed this app in order to track my son's baseball games--when they're on a field that doesn't have a scoreboard--therefore, I wanted something easy to use and straightforward, as I'm chasing around my 2 year-old and trying to keep an eye on the game
    Ya, i make some apps for personal use also to make my life easier.
    I like usability and functionality.

P.S. You should make a button that saves game in to a file so you can look at the history of games.

Pre|central Peacekeepers

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I was planning on having a feature in a future release--probably will be another update or two before this is included--that allows saving the stats as a file...was thinking sending to google docs or something. Thoughts?
    Idk how to do it just thought it would be a good idea. *wink*
    You should make some for other sports and bundle them for like a $1.

P.S. I have ALOT of idea's for my personal apps but so few time : (

Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4r4qg View Post
    Idk how to do it just thought it would be a good idea. *wink*
    You should make some for other sports and bundle them for like a $1.

P.S. I have ALOT of idea's for my personal apps but so few time : (
    Yeah, can't say that I know right at this moment how to do that, but in the coming weeks I should be able to incorporate that.

I also have a basketball one created and have been using it personally for about a month yet, but I still have some clean-up to do before it's ready to release. Possibly other sports as well--I like that bundling idea

I hear you on the time--3 kids myself, so finding time between the kids and my real job is really difficult at times.
    Ya actually i'm in High School so i'm just a little busy. : P

I actually don't have a device but use the emulator.

Pre|central Peacekeepers