1.    #1  
    So I did the franken hardware
    did the franken webOS Doctor
    got all the way to the profile and can't log in

I did the whole erase back up stuff,

It says I have to be on my carrier before I can make a new profile

So, I made the pre 2 by combining a pre- and gsm developer phone.

The pre- was an old one, not my active phone, is that the problem? I tried to activated it online but it did not work.

Any suggestions? Any trouble shooting things I might have missed?

Thanks for any help you can give.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS
    I think the comm board has to be activated before you do the swap. Sorry. Search around, I think it is well documented, unless it has changed.
    Tony's right - the Pre comm board used in the FrankenPre process MUST be activated prior to transplanting it into the Pre 2. There are multiple posts on the boards confirming that it's not possible at this time to activate it afterward. You can fix it, though. Just take the Pre- comm board and put the old Pre- back together. ESN swap to activate the Pre-. Once it's fully activated (and you're getting a reliable data connection via EVDO), then follow the FrankenPre process again. If you follow this process, the profile login should work right away. Good luck!
    +1 I had the same issue. Activate it inside it's original host handset BEFORE the swap. When you run the meta doctor script AFTER the swap it will work. Good luck!
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for all the help, I just grabbed one from the pile of broken Pre's I have, my bad.
    Palm 1000 > Palm Pro > Palm III > Palm IIIe X 3 > Palm IIIc > Palm TT > HTC Wizard > HTC Blue Angel > Palm TX > Zier 31 > Palm T3 > Palm Pre > FrankenPre 2 > TouchPad/Droid/Ubuntu > TP/ICS