Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Hi,

i am developing a wallpaper app for webos, but it currently holds all the wallpapers in the app itself.

but i want to have some images stored on a server, and set it as the wallpaper.

i succesfully got the imageView to show the images, but i am struggling to get the image set as the wallpaper?

does anyone know the code that is needed for this?

thanks

Karl
    Mabye you should post here: https://developer.palm.com/distribution/index.php

hope they help.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I'm sure there are dev members here that will be happy to answer the question here. That's what the forums are for
    ik but no ones helped him yet.
    i was just suggesting........
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlD89 View Post
    Hi,

i am developing a wallpaper app for webos, but it currently holds all the wallpapers in the app itself.

but i want to have some images stored on a server, and set it as the wallpaper.

i succesfully got the imageView to show the images, but i am struggling to get the image set as the wallpaper?

does anyone know the code that is needed for this?

thanks

Karl
    This is the relevant service you need to use: Import Wallpaper Service, but it will only work with a local file. My app handles this by downloading the images to the device and then importing the wallpaper from on the device. Good luck!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    You can make a wallpapr browser that just lets you save the imgae to your pre's internal storage. When i get wallpaper i always save the image to my storage so that i can share the image with friends and have a backup coppy so i dont have to go looking for it again.

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help guys, will look into it when I get some spare time

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    This is the relevant service you need to use: Import Wallpaper Service, but it will only work with a local file. My app handles this by downloading the images to the device and then importing the wallpaper from on the device. Good luck!
    I would follow his suggestion if I were you. Slide RSS is an awesome app that will sync wallpapers from online sources as well as your local images, and set them as a wallpaper. My favorite feature is the ability to change wallpapers automatically on a schedule.