Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    and Btw people, I'm going to put the new video in some hours.
    waiting impatiently for people with expensive proprietry software that only works on old versions of windows this could be a very easy mobile answer.

PS. Just ignore the people, who can't do what your doing, and act like children.

If they aren't interested in running win 95 on the Pre they should keep out of this thread, and take their whining somewhere else.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    waiting impatiently for people with expensive proprietry software that only works on old versions of windows this could be a very easy mobile answer.

PS. Just ignore the people, who can't do what your doing, and act like children.

If they aren't interested in running win 95 on the Pre they should keep out of this thread, and take their whining somewhere else.
    Yeah, thanks!. =). If they read a lil more could be better. :P
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  3.    #103  
    Here is the other video.

Is in two parts really is not a third test. LOL.

Sorry for the Bad Quality, Windows Media Maker is a baddest render. U_U
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post

Constructive discussion doesn't include fawning. I'm asking real questions precisely because I think it might be worthwhile to be able to do this. If I didn't care I wouldn't ask. But posts so far from the OP have answered nothing of substance.

Frankly if the OP can't answer these questions I'm not sure that he is legit but I'm willing to wait until release to see.
    Hi there Travis, thanks for sharing this with us.

First of all, this looks very cool.

I'm attempting this myself, using a tutorial on the web, but what do you recommend the hard drive space to be? (the img)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas130771 View Post

I'm attempting this myself, using a tutorial on the web, but what do you recommend the hard drive space to be? (the img)
    hi, where is this tutorial?

Thanks
    Its pretty straightforward..

I have got Win95 running on dosbox with my Pre2

I used the guide from
    http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewtopic.php?t=24936

My installation uses a 384 mb disk and a tweaked dosbox.conf, mainly to set a fixed cpu speed.

I hope its clear to all that this is not Win95 on webos, but Win95 on dosbox.
    Dosbox which has been ported to webos.

This has all been invented and hardly worth getting excited about! Or even asking for donations?! Just google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post

I used the guide from
    VOGONS :: View topic - Guide - Windows 95 on DOSBox 0.74

My installation uses a 384 mb disk and a tweaked dosbox.conf, mainly to set a fixed cpu speed.

This has all been invented and hardly worth getting excited about! Or even asking for donations?! Just google it.
    this
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  9.    #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post

I used the guide from

Use 512 HDD. And don't mount the INternal mount a folder with the programs, it could be more laggy.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kas130771 View Post

The HDD must be 1024MB (1GB) or 512MB it depends of what are you going to do.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

If this hasn't already been released publicly, or I somehow managed to miss it: when can we expect it?

~Ted
    LG Venus -> Palm Prē Plus -> Apple iPhone 5 -> HP Veer -> HP Prē 3 -> HTC One (M8)
    Quote Originally Posted by tedthebassist View Post
    If this hasn't already been released publicly, or I somehow managed to miss it: when can we expect it?

~Ted
    DosBox is opensource and his been publicly available for weboS since April 25th http://www.precentral.net/dosbox-0-74-webos

That's what the OP is using to run Windows 95 (you can find a link to a guide a few posts above this).
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    Updated Links to guides & infos//
    VOGONS :: View topic - Sample usage of a harddisc image in DOSBOX
    Keymap - dosbox-webos - DOSBox for webOS - Google Project Hosting
    bochs: The Open Source IA-32 Emulation Project (Download Current Release) [for bximage only]
    DiskExplorer [I used E2]

Before you start, some tips/tweaks relevant to WebOS/my installation
    1. Install dosbox from preware & execute it once. Exit
    2. Open dosbox.conf from /media/internal/dosbox.conf (ie root of usb drive)
    and edit sections as follows, # being default being changed.

Code:
    [dosbox]
    #memsize=16
    memsize=32

[cpu]
    #core=auto
    core=normal
    #cputype=auto
    cputype=pentium_slow
    #cycles=auto
    cycles=max
    3. Disexplorer appeared to have problems accessing/updating large disks. So use <512MB or less than 1000 cylinders, which ever works.

4. You will need to make your image bootable. So use the DOS command "format C: /s" instead of just "format" in the guide above.
    Finally boot image as
    Code:
    [autoexec]
    imgmount c /media/internal/dosbox/c.img
    boot -l C
    C:
    5. Mouse is a pain to use withing windows, due to sensivity/accuracy issues. Use keyboard shortcuts/hotkeys where possible or play with the dosbox.conf

6. Last but not the least you need to copy the setup files from your Windows95 install disks to the image. Use diskexplorer. Installation takes a long time > 1hr.. Read the formus in the meantime..

Best of luck..
    thanks travis somebody had to do it first!
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    thanks travis somebody had to do it first!
    They're doing it by themselves, I'm not opposite to them, the post before yours is a good manual but if you don't know about logic you won't be able to run it stable as i'm doing, the configuration of the post before is a normal conf for everyone is not stable.

I'm going to take my time, mine is going to be out soon because I want to do something good, and i'm not saying mines will be the better one, could be someone have one better than mines!. this world is small so :P.

But anyways i'll continue on my way, Win95,98,SE,XP.

Thanks for all.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

I don't understand. Isn't one of the good things about WebOS it isn't Windows? lol Why would anyone want to run Windows on a cell phone? Interesting read though.

ET
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I don't understand. Isn't one of the good things about WebOS it isn't Windows? lol Why would anyone want to run Windows on a cell phone? Interesting read though.

ET
    Well, really i'm just making this for fun.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post

ET
    it'd be great to run Win XP via this eventually. then u could theoretically install Silverlight and watch Netflix. That'd be huge for those of us with "legacy" devices
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    yeah, to who asked what tutorial I was using, just search win95 dosbox on the web.

or use the tutorial that is above (thanks funkibludog)
    Ok. Some time ago, I was very skeptical of that this project was real. I stand corrected.
    Twitter: dullgeek