Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Porting WebOS to the Hero is a monumental task. Getting Windows to run in an emulator in a WebOS card is an impressive task, but much easier than trying to get WebOS to run on Android hardware.

WebOS on the Hero involves multiple variables and zero constants

Windows on WebOS involves little variables and at least one constant

Two different things. Also Travis already got it working on PSP..

great. an unless I see this running in a video, i think its perfectly reasonable to be skeptical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage91 View Post
    great. an unless I see this running in a video, i think its perfectly reasonable to be skeptical.
    Even if you see it running in a video, there's always a possibility it's still a fake. You remind me of the 9/11 conspiracy theorists.. people like you **** me off.

Sure it could be fake, but I don't really wanna hear about it. I wanna hear about the gazillions of cool reasons why Windows on WebOS would be awesome.

What's the point of going through life being negative and skeptical everywhere.. sheesh!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I have no problem being excited about new projects. But there are far too many of them that are a bunch of words about what they've done with almost no substance behind them. This one *seems* like that to me. I'll be happy to be wrong.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  4.    #84  
    Here is the video my friends. Enjoy!.

-Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    watching it now,

looks cool, when will you post more vids and some instructions?

Thanks
    Abe

PS will surely donate when I can get xp running.
    Last edited by abegee; 05/31/2011 at 09:34 PM.
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by abegee View Post
    watching it now,

looks cool, when will you post more vids and some instructions?

Thanks
    Abe

PS will surely donate when I can get xp running.
    Step by step my friend. . Tomorrow I will post a video a full video of everything working.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    Here is the video my friends. Enjoy!.

ba da ba ba baaaa

I'm lovin' it!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Step by step my friend. . Tomorrow I will post a video a full video of everything working.
    thanks TravisAntonio, you rock..
    He is using the BSP that was just recently released for Omap3X processors. it runs very well on my Rev c4 Beagleboard but it will only run windows CE applications. it can be hacked to look exactly like XP once you pay for the licensing. only way for him to distribute this would have every person register for the free base omap build from microsoft(easy) and code up an application that does the tweaks. either that or pay for the license. i know this for a fact because his original images looked identical to a fresh install of CE on beagle, now the my computer text says mi something lol. it says MFC Demo or something I'd have to boot it up and compare but the old images are gone.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    He is using the BSP that was just recently released for Omap3X processors. it runs very well on my Rev c4 Beagleboard but it will only run windows CE applications. it can be hacked to look exactly like XP once you pay for the licensing. only way for him to distribute this would have every person register for the free base omap build from microsoft(easy) and code up an application that does the tweaks. either that or pay for the license. i know this for a fact because his original images looked identical to a fresh install of CE on beagle, now the my computer text says mi something lol. it says MFC Demo or something I'd have to boot it up and compare but the old images are gone.
    Really the post you did is pointless :-/.

Sorry there's nothing about what you said before.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    I am impressed. If I understand correctly, WebOS has linux underneath, and I know linux can do virtualization, so I assume that's what is going on here. Sometimes you learn interesting things by following a whim, even if it seems silly. It may anger the rigid thinkers though.
    Quote Originally Posted by lactose View Post
    I am impressed. If I understand correctly, WebOS has linux underneath, and I know linux can do virtualization, so I assume that's what is going on here. Sometimes you learn interesting things by following a whim, even if it seems silly. It may anger the rigid thinkers though.
    nope, he's using DOSBox, which supports running Win95
    this is x86 emulation, not virtualization, big difference, and btw the cpu has to support the virtualization, not only the os, so since the pre has an arm cpu, you couldn't virtualize anything x86.

so imo this is nothing to get excited about
    Ok I am a bit underwhelmed by this Win95 on dosbox "project".

While it is still a good project, it would have been better to be frank about what it consisted of, right from the beginning.

Even better would be to join the DosBox for webos team to do this together?
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnygewitter View Post
    this is x86 emulation, not virtualization, big difference, and btw the cpu has to support the virtualization, not only the os, so since the pre has an arm cpu, you couldn't virtualize anything x86.

seems you're agains't, well whatever I don't care what you say (No offense), so lets see if you can do this with stables cores on the pre and put windows xp like I'm going to do soon.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

15.    #95  
    and Btw people, I'm going to put the new video in some hours.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

seems you're agains't, well whatever I don't care what you say (No offense), so lets see if you can do this with stables cores on the pre and put windows xp like I'm going to do soon.
    I'm not against it, actually I think it's a cool demonstration, though I'm not sure why anyone would want to use Windows 95 on their Pre.
    What I don't get is why you're making such a big secret out of it, why not just say "I'm going to try to run Win95 on the webOS DOSBox port, wish me luck"

Anyway, take care
  17.    #97  
    I'm not against it, actually I think it's a cool demonstration, though I'm not sure why anyone would want to use Windows 95 on their Pre.
    What I don't get is why you're making such a big secret out of it, why not just say "I'm going to try to run Win95 on the webOS DOSBox port, wish me luck"

Anyway, take care
    you're the one who said it. Not me lol. This is not a secret, this is free for all.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games

Devices:
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

this project has some great potential, getting emulation to work within a card is a really huge deal!

I'd love to run windows in a sandbox on the touchpad, that would be really amazing!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    Ok I am a bit underwhelmed by this Win95 on dosbox "project".

While it is still a good project, it would have been better to be frank about what it consisted of, right from the beginning.

Even better would be to join the DosBox for webos team to do this together?

Anyway, take care
    you're the one who said it. Not me lol. This is not a secret, this is free for all.
    Travis - Look at this thread more closely. So far you have been very unclear about what you are actually doing and how you plan to release it (licensing). Your flippant attitude with respect to critique and questions about this project - essentially anything that isn't 100% positive is not earning you respect and admiration here.

When you release this product I will be interested in the gritty details - how was this done, what are the license implications, what runs within the environment, etc.

In the meantime if you take the time to explain more and talk more about the method and the gritty details it would help.
    Trolling...
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast