Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 204
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #41  
    Is this legal? What country are you from, TravisAntonio?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    Windows 98SE and XP were my absolute favorites
    Hahah!. :P
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    As I said don't worry, Windows 95, 98, SE, XP SP1 and XP SP2 are products discontinued.
    So you are saying that being discontinued that Microsoft will not assert their license ownership and disallow you to distribute their intellectual property? Uh no. Please look up Windows Ultimate Boot CD before you head down this path. You can not reuse DOS, Win95, ME, XP, NT, etc. These are all - no matter how old - still protected from redistribution.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Is this legal? What country are you from, TravisAntonio?
    Did you read?. you need a little of reading. http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2970916
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    So you are saying that being discontinued that Microsoft will not assert their license ownership and disallow you to distribute their intellectual property? Uh no. Please look up Windows Ultimate Boot CD before you head down this path. You can not reuse DOS, Win95, ME, XP, NT, etc. These are all - no matter how old - still protected from redistribution.
    Seems like you don't understand yet. :-/ Well let's stop this... Use google, he's good =).
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  6. #46  
    Quite possibly one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Easily beats win95 on a PSP
  7.    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by stickerboy View Post
    Quite possibly one of the most awesome things I've ever seen. Easily beats win95 on a PSP
    Thanks . And Win95 on PSP is a bit slow, It takes a lot to boot and but when is already boot is smooth and stable because the hardware of the PSP is crap.

    PSP:
    -Processor speed: 333Mhz overclocked max.
    -Ram: 32MB (Fat), 64MB (Slim).

    Made after some test of put the PSP speed to 366 were a big fail, reset every game or app opened. With the version most fast of my build on the PSP the boot time more faster was 69 Sec. then after it just made the Windows 98 SE but it tooks 1.40 min. to boot but was smooth.

    Now with the Palm.
    Palm:
    -Processor speed: Pre 500/600/800/1000/1200/ (1400 not tested yet). Pixi 400/500/600 (Don't know other speed of the Pixi yet).
    -Ram: 256MB (Pre Minus, Pixi Minus/Plus), 512MB (Pre Plus).

    Just made it on Palm Pre Plus already tested with 64MB Ram/128MB and 256MB was fully functional, able to open games and software, sound working as I said in the first post . The boot time was 1.40 min. like running Windows 98 SE on the PSP. Now i'm going to test what's going wrong.

    Going to put more updates about.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  8. #48  
    TravisAntonio,
    I'm sure a lot of us would like to see a video, could you upload some?


    Thanks
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    TravisAntonio,
    I'm sure a lot of us would like to see a video, could you upload some?


    Thanks
    Don't have a video cam right now. I'm getting one next month, is not necessary right now, pictures says too much. :P but I know most of you want a video... but i'm sorry.

    BTW

    Just made some changes and now the boot time is: 62 sec. Hope to get it to 30-40 sec.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by TravisAntonio View Post
    Don't have a video cam right now. I'm getting one next month, is not necessary right now, pictures says too much. :P but I know most of you want a video... but i'm sorry.

    BTW

    Just made some changes and now the boot time is: 62 sec. Hope to get it to 30-40 sec.
    A video would be greate. even some ugly quality.. doesn´t any of your frends or parents have a mobile phone with camera? This would do the job... Its hard to believe that you cant find any cam around you to take a two minutes video. Pics say a lot, but are easily to fake... I´m not saying that its fake... just that showing the video would (almost) everybody believe... :-)
  11.    #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walhalla2k View Post
    A video would be greate. even some ugly quality.. doesn´t any of your frends or parents have a mobile phone with camera? This would do the job... Its hard to believe that you cant find any cam around you to take a two minutes video. Pics say a lot, but are easily to fake... I´m not saying that its fake... just that showing the video would (almost) everybody believe... :-)
    Okay, okay. Will do it when I get stabilty because is smooth but not stable. :P
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  12. #52  
    how does this run?

    is it through usb or is it possible to dual boot?
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
  13. #53  
    Color me skeptical on this. Here's why
    1. The guy isn't worried about licensing issues. If this is real, that is a real worry.
    2. The guy hasn't provided any video and has very lame excuses for why he can't.
    3. 27 posts. It's hard to imagine doing this without a *LOT* of communication with the webos-interals folks.

    When I see clear video of this, I'll believe it. Until then I will continue to be puzzled by why people find doing this kind of chicanery so entertaining.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  14. #54  
    No. But they demonstrably know more about hacking on the hardware and software than anyone outside of HP. That said, I'm not saying that this is impossible, just the reasons why I'm skeptical.
    Twitter: dullgeek
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    No. But they demonstrably know more about hacking on the hardware and software than anyone outside of HP. That said, I'm not saying that this is impossible, just the reasons why I'm skeptical.
    poster is referring to my post that said
    you seem to think webOS internals are the only people who no anything about webOS
    BTW no offense meant , just pointing out webOS internalls do a good job, but they don't own webOS .

    I'm not that sceptical about this project, heres why, http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/
    Last edited by abegee; 05/25/2011 at 10:59 AM.
  16.    #56  
    [QUOTE=abegee;2972642]poster is referring to my post that said BTW no offense meant , just pointing out webOS internalls do a good job, but they don't own webOS .

    I'm not that sceptical about this project, heres why,

    Well, really I don't have to tell anything to WebOS Internals, I'm new on this forum and don't care if you have only 1 post it doesn't matter, and I wil show a Video when it gets stable and for last, I don't have to do whatever you want this world is free and no offense and sorry for all...

    Well I don't care every post saying is fake or saying anything about this project, I just care for the people who are interested on it, since now I will ignore all the post about bad things... Thanks for all my friends and God bless you all. And sorry again...
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
    lephilwld likes this.
  17.    #57  
    Good news guys.

    I got the boot time to 52 secs. I'm still trying to find a solution to get it to boot at 30-40 secs.
    -Travis Antonio
    Trakyng Games


    Devices:
    -Motorola Atrix 4G (1.5 Ghz) (CM7 Neutrino) (Tegra Hack H^LLA POWERFUL)
    -Palm Pre Plus *DEAD*
    -Palm Pre Plus (Mom).

    Never forget to say Thanks, God bless you all.
  18. #58  
    I'm not that sceptical about this project, heres why, http://www.hacker.co.il/psp/bochs/
    sure it's possible with x86 emulation (it's the only way to do it anyway), but the op never said anything about emulation. he made it sound like he wants to boot win95 natively on the pre, which of course is ridiculous, original first post has been edited though.
    anyway, i'd be more interested in the x86 emu itself than in running win95 with it, who on earth needs win95 on their cellphone?! and being so secretive about everything also doesn't help with the credibility, just sayin'...
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Color me skeptical on this. Here's why
    1. The guy isn't worried about licensing issues. If this is real, that is a real worry.
    2. The guy hasn't provided any video and has very lame excuses for why he can't.
    3. 27 posts. It's hard to imagine doing this without a *LOT* of communication with the webos-interals folks.

    When I see clear video of this, I'll believe it. Until then I will continue to be puzzled by why people find doing this kind of chicanery so entertaining.
    Don't get me wrong this could all be a hoax but the guy lives in the Dominican Republic and probably feels that it would be a waste of time and money for Microsoft to go after him. After all putting this on WebOS isn't exactly same thing as putting it on an iPhone in terms of scale.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Color me skeptical on this. Here's why
    1. The guy isn't worried about licensing issues. If this is real, that is a real worry.
    2. The guy hasn't provided any video and has very lame excuses for why he can't.
    3. 27 posts. It's hard to imagine doing this without a *LOT* of communication with the webos-interals folks.

    When I see clear video of this, I'll believe it. Until then I will continue to be puzzled by why people find doing this kind of chicanery so entertaining.
    Why do you think he should be worried about licensing? If he has a Win95 license, not oem, then he is entitled to install it anywhere that he desires. If this were not the case then vmware, a company with $2.86bn in revenue last year, would be in a world of trouble.

    As long as he only provides instructions on how to install, and does not supply the software then I would imagine he is absolved of any wrong doing, unless I am missing something major.

    Having said that I am not sure of the uses of this. If you are looking for better time wasting projects OP, then Backtrack 5 has just been released along with an arm version
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions