Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Hello there!

    I have a question: where are the language files located on the Palm Pre ? I want to translate english to hungarian.

    Thank you!
    Last edited by fearking; 05/01/2011 at 09:56 AM.
  2. #2  
    I think they are only placed on there when you doctor - and I think only one version at a time is there.

    You could try Translator by MojoJungle.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    I think they are only placed on there when you doctor - and I think only one version at a time is there.

    You could try Translator by MojoJungle.
    I think they _should_ be on device, because when you change to German, or so, it must read the files from somewhere on the device. I'm waiting for any ideas.

    I want to translate the whole WebOS operating system to Hungarian.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearking View Post
    I think they _should_ be on device, because when you change to German, or so, it must read the files from somewhere on the device. I'm waiting for any ideas.

    I want to translate the whole WebOS operating system to Hungarian.
    What do you mean "change to German"? Do you mean when you Doctor or when you are running the OS. I admit I'm not following you so far.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    What do you mean "change to German"? Do you mean when you Doctor or when you are running the OS. I admit I'm not following you so far.
    I mean, there are 5 languages in the OS (German, English, Espanol, French, Italian). I want to add a 6th one Hungarian, which I wanna make my self (translate the english language files for example).
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearking View Post
    I mean, there are 5 languages in the OS (German, English, Espanol, French, Italian). I want to add a 6th one Hungarian, which I wanna make my self (translate the english language files for example).
    Ah sorry my brain was wrapped in a loop. I forgot when you selected language it is on initial startup not when you are running the doctor. Got it. I would extract the files in the doctor and look for them.
  7.    #7  
    Yes, but that is my problem.. I don't know where does it store the files. I guess I need different files for the built-in programs, and some OS strings also.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearking View Post
    Yes, but that is my problem.. I don't know where does it store the files. I guess I need different files for the built-in programs, and some OS strings also.
    I think you're overthinking this. What is the word that gets used for launcher or for google maps in german? Look for that inside the files in the webOS Doctor.

    EDIT - I went looking and it's not that simple. I don't know where the files are but they are compressed in a way that isn't allowing me to find them with search yet. Still trying.
    Last edited by Unclevanya; 05/01/2011 at 01:10 PM.
  9.    #9  
    I think I found them! (I hope)

    \usr\lib\luna\

    there is a "system" folder, and inside of it, there's a "luna-systemui".

    I go into "resources" folder, and there are the language folders. Inside them there is a "strings.json" file.

    I guess I have to translate things inside that file ?
  10. #10  
    See this: http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...age-webos.html

    You might ask him where he found the Spanish files exactly.
  11.    #11  
    Okay I found the files, I translated some German strings, but after I change the language, the characters like ", , , , ű" does not work everywhere. Question is: why ?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearking View Post
    Okay I found the files, I translated some German strings, but after I change the language, the characters like ", , , , ű" does not work everywhere. Question is: why ?
    Where were they?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Where were they?
    I told you already.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by fearking View Post
    I told you already.
    Sorry I was curious where they were in the doctor - not the expanded OS on flash. Did you find them in the Doc?
  15.    #15  
    I wasn't looking in the Doctor, but the device it self, via SSH. Tho, I think they are in the same place in the Doctor as well. The question is, why the characters like, ", , , , ű, ő" causing troubles somewhere, but not everywhere ? :O
  16.    #16  
    Bump, someone help me out with this please.
  17. #17  
    They may not be supported everywhere, like now for instance certain characters only work in certain windows.
    Conne>< Coding

    Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

    Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

    Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

  18.    #18  
    And how could I get the "Hungarian" language to be displayed in the Regional Settings ?
  19.    #19  


    Hurray ?
  20. #20  
    How did you do this? I would like to have dutch on my veer, and willing to translate
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions