1.    #1  
    Can someone please point me to the Gesture Tutorial folder location? I want to hide the icon by editing the appinfo.json file but I can't locate the file in the applications directory.
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse

In appinfo.json change visible to false

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Oh and restart luna

4.    #4  
    Thanks Sketch!
    Quote Originally Posted by samarah View Post
    Thanks Sketch!
    No prob

Something like this needs to be turned into a patch that uses tweaks or tweaks that uses a patch... since we can't really modify the launcher all that much in 2.x.

I wonder if that could be possible so that users could hide/unhide apps using tweaks and corresponding patch... Hmmm...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Something like this needs to be turned into a patch that uses tweaks or tweaks that uses a patch... since we can't really modify the launcher all that much in 2.x.

I wonder if that could be possible so that users could hide/unhide apps using tweaks and corresponding patch... Hmmm...
    I like it.. Its a patch I can do too!! Yaaay.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I like it.. Its a patch I can do too!! Yaaay.. Lol

Good luck!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9.    #9  
    After the 2.1 Doctor, I hid Help, System Updates, and now Gesture Tutorial by manually editing the appinfo.json files. It'd be nice to have a post-Doctor cleanup app that hides these legacy apps automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by samarah View Post
    After the 2.1 Doctor, I hid Help, System Updates, and now Gesture Tutorial by manually editing the appinfo.json files. It'd be nice to have a post-Doctor cleanup app that hides these legacy apps automatically.
    or... What about a patch that works with Tweaks? Polls the device for installed apps, then gives you the option to hide them.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    or... what about a patch that works with Tweaks? Polls the device for installed apps, then gives you the option to hide them.
    Good idea. I wonder where I've heard that before? mmmm.. post #6...

All in good fun! Happy Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Good idea. I wonder where I've heard that before? mmmm.. post #6...

All in good fun! Happy Friday!
    haha, oops. The credit is all yours my friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    haha, oops. The credit is all yours my friend.
    Let's call it a shared idea then. Any idea/automated solution is better than none.