1.    #1  
    Hello,

I'm interested in starting app development for WebOS. I have some experience in web design and other programming languages. I'm a fast learner and am interested in learning more about app development.

I have the sdk and an account over at the developers site and even have an idea for an app.

Are there any good sites available that have tutorials available?

Any tips would be great!

Thanks!
    After you finished the "Hello World!" tutorial on HP/Palm's developer site, you can visit my tutorials found in my signature.
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

My apps: Percent Table | SierraPapa
    Since you don't have 10 posts, I don't think you can see my signature, so instead, they can be found at:

net-tech-group.com/pre/
    Richard Neff

My tutorials on WebOS development: Beyond 'Hello World!' | Getting Started - WebOS Development

4.    #4  
    Sweet thanks! I've been playing with ares and doing the flicker tutorial.

It reminds me a lot of what I did in my visual basic class.

BTW I can see your sig!
    You can also use GLBasic to develop apps for WebOS - it's a simpler language to learn than C++, JavaScript etc. as it has a BASIC style syntax. You can create 2D or 3D games with it and it's incredibly fast and documentation and tutorials are excellent, with a very friendly community over at GLBasic - multiplatform development in BASIC There is a completely free version available for pc, Mac and linux (the IDE is pc only at the moment, although there is a WIP Mac IDE available). The demo version allows you to create and play an app, but for a limited time only (5-10minutes)

GLBasic allows you to develop for Mac, iOS, WebOS, GP2X, Wiz, and soon Android., unfortunately you have to purchase the full version to dev for these machines - or use the demo (as stated for a time limited play).

There are a number of apps created with GLBasic on the App Catalog and the number is increasing daily.

Check out B'lox! Free (by me) and the full version, together with Hit The Deck Baseball, PlushBreaker, Magic Coin Box, The Last Angel, Spots and Hairy Legs.
    My published and impending WebOS apps -
    Quote Originally Posted by tjk629 View Post
    Sweet thanks! I've been playing with ares and doing the flicker tutorial.
    No problem! Hope it helps you!

BTW I can see your sig!
    That's good! I wasn't sure what the limitations were for those that don't have 10 posts.
    Richard Neff

7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by iprice View Post
    You...
    Thanks for the sites! I'll look into them!

Also another question

I signed up and all at the dev site, but I didn't fill out the registration portion to be able to submit apps to the catalog.

I don't really have a dev. name or website yet. They are required fields, but is there a way to change that in the future?

I believe they are waving the fee for now and I'd like to take advantage of it.