Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I was wondering if there is any way of going back to 1.4.5 to many problems on 2.1. 0 problems with 1.4.5.
    Do a search. No need for new thread.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i am, what section you think it'll b under
    Use google and add the "site:forums.precentral.net" string to your search.
    why not just answer his question...go to webosinternals and grab the appropriate doctor for your phone/carrier Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and follow the instructions to doctor back to 1.4.5

ken
    Quote Originally Posted by bakerman1 View Post
    why not just answer his question...go to webosinternals and grab the appropriate doctor for your phone/carrier Webos Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals and follow the instructions to doctor back to 1.4.5

ken
    True, true, i could have answered it. But why re-hash threads that already exist?

If you upped your palm profile to 2.1 i don't think you can return it to 1.4.5, so be warned about that. not sure if there are any other gotchas, but that is what those threads would cover.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    True, true, i could have answered it. But why re-hash threads that already exist?

If you upped your palm profile to 2.1 i don't think you can return it to 1.4.5, so be warned about that. not sure if there are any other gotchas, but that is what those threads would cover.
    I did this, but on different devices. None of my apps re-downloaded or appeared in the app manager. When I searched for those apps in the app catalog it allowed me to download them for free which was an extra step, but nothing earth shattering.

It also did not save any of the account changes I made, meaning accounts I deleted on my Pre 2 showed up on my Pre minus when I logged in with the Palm Profile.

It seems to me that Palm saved a backup of 1.4.5 and a backup of 2.1. Today I'll be receiving my repaired Pre 2 and will login and let you know what happens.