1.    #1  
    2 questions.. Is it possible to have an app that relies heavily on image maps?..

I have may 100 images .. Possible more.. That I would like to map and use for an app...

Also what's a good free image map software.. Since I have so many images online isn't really an option

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    2 questions.. Is it possible to have an app that relies heavily on image maps?..

I have may 100 images .. Possible more.. That I would like to map and use for an app...

Also what's a good free image map software.. Since I have so many images online isn't really an option

I don't think the number of images is too big of a deal.

With regard to good free image software, try GIMP. It may sound like some sort of fetish software, but stands for "GNU Image Manipulation Program"...
    GIMP Wiki GIMP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Official Site: http://www.gimp.org

For some reason the official site seems to be down, but there was a new preview release posted on 4/15/11 (according to the wiki).
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    I don't think the number of images is too big of a deal.

With regard to good free image software, try GIMP. It may sound like some sort of fetish software, but stands for "GNU Image Manipulation Program"...
    GIMP Wiki GIMP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Official Site: http://www.gimp.org

For some reason the official site seems to be down, but there was a new preview release posted on 4/15/11 (according to the wiki).
    Hmm.. I know about gimp.. Didn't know it does image maps

can you explain a bit more about what your trying to achieve. Is it pc or webos software your after?
    Hmm.. I know about gimp.. Didn't know it does image maps

Oh, lol. Sorry, I thought you were looking for image editing software. I see now.
  6.    #6  
    Basically I want to make a webOS app using the image view BUT I want to use images that have maps to other images in the app..

So for example :

Main scene:
    Images with a picture of mars (tap on the face) and get taken to a different scene with a different image at a different angle of the face..

Tap on a different area of the image in the main scene image (say of a crater) and get taken to a different scene with a different image at a more detail about the crater etc..

That's all for webOS

Part 2 is since the app is dealing with a lot of images that are being mapped I wanted to know what image map software I would need to do the mapping..

Finally I was wondering if webOS supports all that I stated originally

Basically I want to make a webOS app using the image view BUT I want to use images that have maps to other images in the app..

So for example :

Main scene:
    Images with a picture of mars (tap on the face) and get taken to a different scene with a different image at a different angle of the face..

Tap on a different area of the image in the main scene image (say of a crater) and get taken to a different scene with a different image at a more detail about the crater etc..

That's all for webOS

Part 2 is since the app is dealing with a lot of images that are being mapped I wanted to know what image map software I would need to do the mapping..

Finally I was wondering if webOS supports all that I stated originally

It doesn't seem to support image maps in the default browser... unless this site is just implementing it wrong... The Flying Saucer Draught Emporium - www.beerknurd.com The site that pulls up is supposed to have clickable links on the map, but they don't work in webOS... They do work on both Androiod devices and that other phone.

EDIT: for what it's worth, it looks like there is an imagemap plugin found in GIMP.
    Last edited by sinime; 04/28/2011 at 03:28 PM.
    so the main scene needs to be made up of multiple map tiles stitched together? Its normally best to split big tiles into small chunks of say 128 pixels sq. Superoverlay will do this for you.

Superoverlay

not sure if this helps
  9.    #9  
    nope not stitched together one image with diff hyperlinks embedded in the image

for those that use the forums app .. check out his help scene..

although he redirects his scene to this page Example of Image map

that file is one image.. not pieces stitched together
    nope not stitched together one image with diff hyperlinks embedded in the image

for those that use the forums app .. check out his help scene..

although he redirects his scene to this page Example of Image map

that file is one image.. not pieces stitched together
    Yeah, looks like image maps do work. I wonder what is wrong in the html on the beerknurd site that doesn't work on webos, but works on other phones? I wonder if webOS doesn't support polygons for image maps?
  11.    #11  
    So my question is can I make a app strictly out of image maps??
    Since image maps only use html and no jsjsjs..??

idk. i know how to do it in a HTML Windows website.
    Palm IIIx >>> Palm V >>> Palm Vx >>> Tungsten T5 >>> webOS 2.1 emulator

Pre|central Peacekeepers
    SO easy anyone can do it! HP webOS First App Tutorial

If i have helped you; please click the Thanks button.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>