Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Thank you, I'm the first to say that when it comes to this kind of stuff I'm in over my head.

However, I want to thank you for working on it...take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    The hardest part will be making the user interface. Trying to have a style close to what the Palm app does.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    The hardest part will be making the user interface. Trying to have a style close to what the Palm app does.
    Hi,

I'm sure what ever you come up with will be perfect.

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    In my Today's Task app, I used canvas for the calendar portion. It has a different look than the stock calendar app, but works well and is easily customizable.

I've heard DateBk mentioned quite a bit in feature requests and have looked at it's features list. As others have said, a lot of the features simply can't be done, and many other would take a large time commitment to implement. I don't mind adding simple features but with the transition to Enyo and the success of other platforms towering over webOS, it's tough to make a case to put in this time commitment. This is also why I charge $2 and DateBk appears to be $28.

I would use a program like DateBk myself for my day job, but only if it was implemented cleanly into webOS.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MachiApps View Post
    In my Today's Task app, I used canvas for the calendar portion. It has a different look than the stock calendar app, but works well and is easily customizable.

I've heard DateBk mentioned quite a bit in feature requests and have looked at it's features list. As others have said, a lot of the features simply can't be done, and many other would take a large time commitment to implement. I don't mind adding simple features but with the transition to Enyo and the success of other platforms towering over webOS, it's tough to make a case to put in this time commitment. This is also why I charge $2 and DateBk appears to be $28.

I would use a program like DateBk myself for my day job, but only if it was implemented cleanly into webOS.
    Hi All,

1. I'm pleased that this entire process has opened a dialog of what we are all looking for, what can be implemented and I hope that HP/Palm is also paying attention.

2. If what I reading is sinking in to my not overly tech brain, part of the issue is that webOS prior to what will be used on the Pre3 and the TouchPad wouldn't be able to work with programs or apps, as complex as dateBK. Which makes me wonder why Palm didn't either think of this as an issue prior to launching webOS or wrote a complex app themselves considering the fact that a calendar was always one of the biggest selling points of Palm Pilot's and Treo's.

3. I also would think now that what was Palm has so much more money to work with and the fact that the calender area of webOS is what so many people have been grousing about...that now they are going to pay attention to this issue.

4. In order for Palm/HP to close the distance with other platforms they are going to have to make whatever updated versions of webOS for the next gen, (for purposes of this issue, anything after the Pre2), as comparable to cutting edge tech from Apple, Android, etc...

5. HP has stated a number of times they were going to load the TouchPad with a great deal of native apps to compensate for the lack of large total numbers of apps.

We shall soon see.

This also makes me want to post a great deal of this to the Palm.com chat area, in the hope that HP/Palm may actually read the postings there.

take care and thank you to all of you,

Jay
    PS Happy Passover, Happy Easter and or Happy what ever direction it is that your beliefs take you, Jay
    I've started a new thread in our development forum for suggestions and to track the progress of the calendar app.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...78#post2946078
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    I've started a new thread in our development forum for suggestions and to track the progress of the calendar app.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...78#post2946078
    Hi,

Thank you so much, I will be following your progress, as soon as the Pre 3 comes out, I will be getting one...take care and once again, thank you so much,

take care,

Jay
    I have a Pre and plan on upgrading to the Pre 3 as well. We also have bought a Pre 2 to do testing with since it's WebOS 2.

The first release of this application will probably be more of a proof of concept. Basically the framework without all the bells and whistles.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12