Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I have an update notification in preware for this app, but I click it and I only get a remove option.. I've tried to surf over to the dev page for the app, but no way to download.. Where or what do I have to do to get a copy of 1.0.4?
    thanks
    tp
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by thePretender View Post
    I have an update notification in preware for this app, but I click it and I only get a remove option.. I've tried to surf over to the dev page for the app, but no way to download.. Where or what do I have to do to get a copy of 1.0.4?
    thanks
    tp
    That shouldn't have been in the feed as it was, it was missing a lot of info and wouldn't download.

You can download directly from http://www.precentral.net/downloads/dummymaker

Updated to 1.0.5
    Changelog:
    • Packaging issues resolved
    I'm having this error:

com.mgschu.dummy.srv is not running.

?
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jossanaijr View Post
    I'm having this error:

com.mgschu.dummy.srv is not running.

?
    Are you running 2.0 or higher?
    No, 1.4.5

Okay, no I notice it is 2.0 or higher... :-(
    How about the free game "Glow Hockey" from the PDK Hot Apps winners unveiled (free) - any suggestions? - is it possible to get this APP ID? - this would be cool )
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yep, got it. Too bad it will only work till june I think (they stopped offering the download on february).

Now, HP says they're trying to bring back epocrates with us.... only time will tell
    that app id aint working for me... what did you use?

i get this error
    Service does not exist:
    com.mgschu.dummy.srv

I am on a Verizon Pre2 running 2.0.1
    I get the same message as above. It's a Pre2 unlocked GSM version in NL.running 2.1 OTA. Any tips for me?
    Hello, Anybody know where to find Spotify app so that it could be picked up by dummy maker?
    Quote Originally Posted by TRoss View Post
    I used this to install one paid app, Pictureit by Codinary, that I owned but that has been unavailable in the catalog for some time. I didn't realize it was unavailable until after metadoctoring to 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre. I followed the simple procedure and everything worked as described since it was in my Palm Profile.

I had heard that the catalog kept a copy of every paid app forever for anyone who bought it to be able to get it back. Apparently that copy is available if you have it to update, but not if you need to reinstall it with the other apps in your Palm Profile. Since the policy of maintaining a copy of paid apps applies primarily to abandoned apps, I cannot imagine under what circumstances I would be updating an existing copy. The only situation in which I would access their stored copy is if mine got deleted, which is exactly the situation in which one cannot access it. Brilliant!

So thank you for this clever workaround, it now solves at least two app catalog blunders.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    What address did you use to get PictureIt? I sorely miss this app.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    com.codinary.pictureit

Everything I've read says to get the app I'D from Preware though now that Preware excludes the catalog apps, I can't find the app ID for an app I'd like to download. Anybody? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Btravelen View Post
    Everything I've read says to get the app I'D from Preware though now that Preware excludes the catalog apps, I can't find the app ID for an app I'd like to download. Anybody? Thanks
    Let's say I wanted to download Music Remix.

I type in google hp webos application music remix...

hp webos application music remix - Google Search

It's the 4th one, which gives you the app ID in the URL. It may not work for every application, but it's a slight workaround.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Google: "site:developer.palm.com name-of-app" (or just go to palm's website and find the app)

All of the apps live on pages with urls like: developer.palm.com/appredirect/?packageid=com.whitepages.mobile

Its the com.x.y that you need. Doesn't help if you're doing this because the app is no longer available, but then neither did preware. You can usually guess the id if you know the developer name, too.

Quote Originally Posted by FischOderAal View Post
    We've been there already, Rod Just a few "infoLoad#parse"-Errors, that's all. I should probably read the Preware-Thread to check if there was any news on that.

Like always, I greatly appreciate your encouragement in other threads apart from those of webos-internals
    Hurraa!!! For this App!! U guys
    have done an excellent job here and deserve all encouragement and some $$ like anybody else around here that without a doubt has done amazing things for this community and that i'm positive with a better attitude would get a lot more $ love $ back from all of us anyways excellent work and very clever way to go very close to the line without crossing it Great Developers but best all "con huevos"
    Carlos someone that enjoys WEBOS
    "volver al espíritu de cooperación que prevaleció en los tiempos iniciales de la comunidad de usuarios de computadoras"
    "Return to the spirit of cooperation that prevailed in the early days of the community of computer users" Linus Torvalds
    looks good, pity i cant use it to pay / aquire app cat stuff, so badly wanted need for speed pursuit.

ah well another distant time perhaps.
    FYI: Getting the "com.mgschu.dummy.srv is not running" error on a Pre 3.
    hello

do you plan a version for touchpad?
    tx
    So any help for "com.mgschu.dummy.srv is not running" error yet?
    Is there any other app for my pixi+ 1.4.5.1 like dummymaker?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast