Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I went to palms facebook page and did not see this.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    If it was a leak from inside HP (and I'm guessing it was
    If that was the case, why has the PreCentral YouTube video been removed for content violation?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I can only say that I am DEEPLY disappointed in PreCentral over this. O.k., so someone has leaked the SDK. That doesn't make it right for PreCentral to publish this article.

What an example of biting the hand that feeds...
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    I went to palms facebook page and did not see this.
    Lol..!!!

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If that was the case, why has the PreCentral YouTube video been removed for content violation?

-- Rod
    When did it get pulled and what is the average time it takes Youtube to respond to "content violation" issues? I've certainly seen youtube respond within 10-12 hours of illegal tv content being posted but someone would have had to search for that tv content which might take longer than this precentral video which was one of a kind and clearly linked. I am not an expert on youtube practices. But it does seem the precentral video was up long enough for the blogosphere to comment which I would have thought would be a main goal of an inside leak.

Also has there been any comment by HP?

The thoroughness of the review and the video suggests to me that Derek and Dieter had some sort of permission. I don't see them harming their relationship with Palm or with the dev community nor acting contradictory to what has been enforced in the forums.

Edit: the positive press has also turned around the negative vibe put out by that Gartner forecast which showed HP at only 3-3.5% marketshare over the next few years. And while it may be true that Gartner is slanted towards its "clients", plenty of IT enterprise departments cite Gartner research to management as an outside source supporting their tech expenditure recommendations.

Edit2: Hmmn, also leaking the same week Playbook comes out.
    Last edited by bluenote; 04/13/2011 at 08:49 PM.
    @sketch42 why lol whats so funny?
    Quote Originally Posted by djfu3l3r View Post
    @sketch42 why lol whats so funny?
    Bc I made that.. And didn't know if you where serious

which I would have thought would be a main goal of an inside leak.
    Do you seriously think that a multi-billion dollar company like HP would be an accessory to the distribution, installation and publication of information from an NDA SDK binary, knowing that doing so would jeopardize their legal standing in any future NDA case against any of their real competitors in the marketplace for any of their millions of different products?

Providing advance units to blog sites under NDA to allow for reviews to be ready when a product is released from embargo is one thing, and companies do that all the time. Being an accessory to the intentional public violation of an EULA and consequent NDA is quite another thing. If you seriously think HP would be party to that, then you and I must simply agree to disagree.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I sure hope they weren't worried about screenshots of the dialer leaking out.....I know it's pretty awesome on our phones, but on that thing......not only a lack of creativity, but how many people out there actually own those phones with the giant numbers anyways? I could just see me calling my bank 800 number, then my card number then whatever it is that i'm doing....ok I'm lying, if I had a TouchPad in my lap, I'd be using the browser and doing it, but that's besides the point having a phone dialer that's as big as the tablet seems a little over the top. Maybe a little bigger than normal and dragable.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Being an accessory to the intentional public violation of an EULA and consequent NDA is quite another thing. If you seriously think HP would be party to that, then you and I must simply agree to disagree.

-- Rod
    The leak was "anonymous". I'm not sure what would qualify and wouldn't qualify to be deemed an "accessory" and what happened in this case. I'm not sure this could not have been accomplished in a way that would have satisfied Dieter and Derek's concerns --for eg the leak comes from a 3rd party source but "somehow" precentral gets the sense that there will not be repercussions from HP. But perhaps I've seen too many reruns of "All the Presidents Men."

Still waiting to see if HP comes out with a definitive statement.

edit: I'm also not sure that practices with one NDA legal document can transfer to other NDAs or whether these are each deemed separate.
    The leak was "anonymous".
    Public facts indicate that the SDK was installed (thereby clicking through the associated EULA) and executed by PreCentral staff to create the video and screenshots. If PreCentral wishes to refute these facts and explain how those items came into being without agreeing to the Palm SDK EULA, I'll be happy to rescind my argument below.

That is very different from reporting on screenshots that other anonymous entities have illegitimately created and submitted as news.

In the former, you explicitly agree to a click-through contract to illegitimately create news. The contract being the EULA and consequent NDA.

In the latter, you are simply reporting on someone else breaking that contract, not breaking a contract yourself.

I doubt that even the US laws allow news organisations to knowingly and intentionally break contracts to create news, as opposed to simply reporting on something that has happened externally to the reporting organisation.

-- Rod
    It's glaringly obvious that this was all Derek... his eMail addresses are visibly in the screencaps. What was he thinking...
    [QUOTE=sketch42;2936869][IMG]

Reading this is funny and somehow proves that P/C did not break a NDA.
    So all the complainers can calm down now! This is why Precentral and WebOS have the best community hands down!! (Minus the infiltraitors) I'm glad they did this.Thanks Derek! Thanks Dieter!

Edit:
    People are twisting my words to say that I thought making a fake Facebook post was a good idea.I didn't say that.I thought it was an actual post and it happens that people make mistakes but mines are not of my own bad intentions or because I think a certain way. Don't blame me for being mislead blame the person who wet of there way to make it.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 04/13/2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by insane42 View Post
    It's glaringly obvious that this was all Derek... his eMail addresses are visibly in the screencaps. What was he thinking...
    "Hey somebody sent me the webOS 3.0 SDK, I didnt sign an NDA, lets make a video"
    Did you know I can also annoy you on twitter? @mikevember
    [QUOTE=prethadd81;2937018]
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    [IMG]

So all the complainers can calm down now! This is why Precentral and WebOS have the best community hands down!! (Minus the infiltraitors) I'm glad they did this.Thanks Derek! Thanks Dieter!
    How does what I made up prove anything.. It from the voices in my head :/

[QUOTE=prethadd81;2937018]
    [IMG]

Say what? Reading that tells you that Sketch is funny and creative to create something like that...
    [QUOTE=Cantaffordit;2937031]
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post

Say what? Reading that tells you that Sketch is funny and creative to create something like that...
    No I apologize,I posted before I read that he created it.I tried to edit it but I'm on my phone so It wouldn't load the page. Maybe in my haste to suppor precentral I was delighted by what I thought was an actual Facebook chat between Derek,Dieter on HPalm's Facebook page. Shame on you who made this. So anybody reading my post can calm down.
    Last edited by prethadd81; 04/13/2011 at 11:45 PM.

This FB mock up is pure Win!!!!
    Definitely had me rolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartfah View Post
    This FB mock up is pure Win!!!!
    Definitely had me rolling.
    Never gonna let you down...

Lol,yes yes it was funny.Even though no true.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123