Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    So, a friend has a Pre and the screen has stopped working, it is also no longer activated on the carrier. Preware is installed and it's in dev mode, so I can use novaterm to connect. I can not however seem to get any access to save some of data/settings. That is I do not know how to transfer files from the device.

* I can enable wifi, but it does not automatically connect to any networks (Perhaps it would at the friends house, idk)
    ** I can start/stop the wifi with
    Code:
    /sbin/initctl start PmWiFiService
    ** Is there some way to pass the SID and credentials from the command line in order to connect to wifi?

* Is there some way to just push/get files to/from the device in dev mode?

* It does not have dropbear/ssh installed, without a network I can't install one in the hopes of using scp or rsync to back stuff up.

* Is there some way from the command line to simply switch the usb connection into disk mode?

Any tricks would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Dolio; 04/08/2011 at 07:09 PM. Reason: also no carrier
    Palm III -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Centro+Centro ->
    Pre(minus)+Samsung Epic -> Pre 3 (Summer?(@Sprint?))
    if the buttons still work you can simply use the Orange/Silver+SYM+U command?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rossm812 View Post
    if the buttons still work you can simply use the Orange/Silver+SYM+U command?
    Outstanding, exactly what I was looking for...

... Next step, getting it to use wifi and figuring out what useful jobs a Pre with no display might be good for...
    Palm III -> Samsung SPH-i330 -> Centro+Centro ->
    Pre(minus)+Samsung Epic -> Pre 3 (Summer?(@Sprint?))