1.    #1  
    I'm a soon to be developer and I have been poking around learning how to use Mojo for a while now in my spare time (already know the basics of javascript, html, css). I have a really great idea for an app that everybody would love. But one thing I need for the app is to be able to toggle data on/off and measure the usage of it. I can't seem to find it in the Palm Developer resources or any of the basic tutorials I read and watched. So my questions are:
    [1] How do I call the data methods or toggle data on and off?
    [2] Generally, how would a dev go about setting up a service to monitor data usage?
    [3] Were is the best place to find out such things other than you great people on PreCentral?

PS. don't be getting idea about apps from this
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
  2.    #2  
    No one knows?
    - John Wayne
    For [2] you may look into the source of netstat git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/netstat.git/tree to see where you can read the data usage. It's not easy as you have to calculate a lot.
    Look into preware/saverestore or dr.battery to see how to build a service in C or look into the jsjsjs.$node$ $framework$ $from$ $jason$ $to$ $build$ $it$ $as$ $a$ $node$.$js$ $service$.

Your app will never be accepted to the official app catalog if you read the data usage as netstat is doing it. I don't know another way to get that info.

EDIT: You also can use the filesysmanager service from jason to read the net stat.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    For [2] you may look into the source of netstat git.webos-internals.org Git - applications/netstat.git/tree to see where you can read the data usage. It's not easy as you have to calculate a lot.
    Look into preware/saverestore or dr.battery to see how to build a service in C or look into the jsjsjs.$node$ $framework$ $from$ $jason$ $to$ $build$ $it$ $as$ $a$ $node$.$js$ $service$.

Your app will never be accepted to the official app catalog if you read the data usage as netstat is doing it. I don't know another way to get that info.

EDIT: You also can use the filesysmanager service from jason to read the net stat.
    Thanks!!!
    - John Wayne