Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is that possible??? The reason why is my screen is fried... but I want to back-up some stuff and perform some last operations and wipe the device.

Can anyone hep me with that?

Many thanks in advance.

-LS
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Sounds like you basically want to remotely interact with your phone from your PC. I'm actually not sure that webSO supports this. You should be able to get access to the files on the phone via the USB port though.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Exactly. Okay... well is there any way to access other data like text messages, ect.? Also, is there a keyboard shortcut that I could use to reset/wipe the phone?

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$ $only$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $part$ $of$ $the$ $memory$ $that$ $corresponds$ $to$ $the$ $USB$ $drive$.
    If you had Save/Restore installed and configured to perform a daily backup, then you will be able to recover plenty of you data and settings. But not your messaging history.

To "wipe" all the conent on your phone, the best way is to:
    1 save the content of your USB drive on your computer
    2 delete the entire content of the USB drive of your device
    3 use WebOSDoctor
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Okay. That helps. BUT... I feel like there HAS to be a way to look at my text massages some way (without another device) after downloading the "PalmDatabase.db3" file. The issue is I have a device with a fried screen... can I plug the "PalmDatabase.db3" file into an emulator?
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Here we go, I knew that I saw something about this once before:

Quick Tip: Accessing USB mode with a dead screen | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

This article on webOS Internals also talks about getting access to carrier db3 files. The process should be same for getting to the messages db3 files:

How to solve 3G data problems - WebOS Internals
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Genius. I will give it a try... Thanks!