Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #1  
    (UPDATED: 9/1/11 10:04 AM EST)

Sorry, I let the link to the latest version get a bit old. The link below is the latest version.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.1.9_all.ipk

AudiophileHD IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR THE TOUCHPAD

I know I said I wouldn't post a link to the ipk here, but given how slow the approval process is taking, I am posting the latest release version of AudiophileHD below. New version will keep playing even after screen times out and adds a beta Dashboard widget.

After what feels like one long month of sleepless coding, Audiophile has been ported to the TouchPad. You can try out the GUI here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/audi...amp/index.html

That link takes you to the actual HTML and JavaScript driving the TouchPad app, so what you see on that link will be exactly what you see on the Pad (with the addition of actually being able to play music and stuff saved for the Pad version).

I have completely rewritten the indexer to take advantage of WebOS's built in indexer when available, or to fall back on my custom one for songs that the built-in indexer doesn't find. Also, WebOS 3.0 appears to have a much more stable file system, so the problems that plagued the 2.1 version are gone. AudiophileHD can be used as a daily driver. I left it playing for two days straight without a crash (try that with the Pre version and you will get may 30 minutes before you have to reboot :-(

It has all the features that the Pre version had, plus it now saves current playlist, current song, and current song position. It also supports Just Type, has a much better search function, and is just generally more polished.

Because AudiophileHD is so much more stable than the original Audiophile, I have decided not to post a link directly to the ipk since the program is available free from the Market. Here is a link to the Market:

http://developer.palm.com/appredirec...k.audiophilehd

I am open to reconsidering that decision.

As for the Pre version of Audiophile, given the inherent stability problems that 2.1 brings with it, I am not sure if/when the Pre version will see an upgrade. I am taking a week or so off to recover, and then plan to start work on a Pro version with full EQ and multi-track playback. After that, I will look to updating the Pre version, however, I am not sure if I will ever be able to turn it into a stable music player for Pre users.

Now that the worst is done, I plan to start checking this thread again, so let me know any feedback. As always, AudiophileHD is open source, so stop by and fork the git if you are so inclined.

https://github.com/epik/wAMP.

Finally, just to avoid confusion, I have moved the link to the Pre version's ipk down a post.
    ----------------------

I am proud to announce a project that has been in the works for a while now. It is a hybrid app (2.1 or higher only) (Update: sadly, 2.0 does not seem to support hybrid apps, or at least this hybrid app, so you need 2.1). It runs FFmpeg on the back end (audio only for now) which means it will play the audio of any file currently supported by FFmpeg including FLAC, WMA, and others. It should also play the audio of FFmpeg supported video files, but I have not tested that feature directly.

It includes variable Bass and Treble control, which is implemented using Bi Quad IIR filters for each. It also includes custom volume control that is completely independent of the built in Palm control. Dynamic resampling and crossfade song transitions are implemented, but not yet enabled in the gui.

Additionally, it runs its own indexer so that it will catch the meta data of WMA and FLAC and other files that fall outside the built in 2.0 Indexer.

I also have it try and download album artwork from last.fm, but I don't yet get the art work from the file itself or from

I now consider it in the beta stage, and it is usable as a daily driver (so long as you are occasionally willing to restart it every so often :-).

You can see other issues at the project github:

https://github.com/epik/wAMP.
    Last edited by nyuepik; 09/01/2011 at 07:04 PM.
    jc-Treo likes this.
    Hells yes.
    Nice!
  4.    #4  
    If you use it and have any errors, problems or suggestions, please post them here or to the git. This is still definitely an alpha, and has only been used by myself and two other testers, so it will have problems that I missed.

However, I plan to stay active in monitoring this board and the git, so problems will get fixed.

You can find the link to the Pre version ipk here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/wamp..._0.1.6_all.ipk
    Last edited by nyuepik; 07/01/2011 at 03:18 PM.
    The sound quality seems to rock! Great work, guys!
    A question: is the battery eaten a lot more than using default webos audio system?
    A suggestion: I love when you can speed up and slow down songs
  6.    #6  
    I have no idea about the battery, but my guess is yes, this will eat more. I run a fair amount of filtering in the background, which will probably tax the system. On the other hand, I also do a fair amount of buffering, so I will really have to rely on others for battery info reports; I only ever use my Pre when it is plugged in for testing since I no longer have a wireless subscription on it

Speed is the next thing to implement, now that I have fixed the filter screen and song transitions (going to update the dl link now). (Note, speed works, this code is all built on my original WorMP3, which did nothing but speed and slow songs, I just need to figure out the control scheme for it).

I am still trying to figure out what kind of control I want for it. I am thinking of maybe just using the spinning record. So if you drag in one direction it will speed up the song, and drag in the other direction it will slow down.

Any thoughts on how people want the speed control implemented?
    After a quick test I have 3 things to report;

1) Bug: I am getting greying buttons when trying to filter. I don't know if this is what was supposed to be fixed in 0.0.6.

2) To do: When choosing "artists" you should then get a list of the artist's albums, not songs.

3) To do: When you get to song selection, it should be in order it is placed in the memory, not in alphabetical order. Needs to show up the same way as in "folders" filtering.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  8.    #8  
    Yitz:
    Which buttons are you referring to? The filter in the update refers to the bass and treble control knobs that pop-up from the playing screen. Are you referring to the buttons on the pick song page? I am aware of the buttons staying grey if you keep a finger down and move it off the screen. Is it happening under other conditions?

As for 2, I plan to add an options page to allow further customization of how the index results are displayed, so that will have to wait until I get that implemented.

For 3, I have to change the index search algorithm from a BFS to a DFS for it to mimick the folder view. I have a run going on in the background right now of the updated algorithm, so if that works it should be easy. It will probably wait for the same options page described in #2 however to actually make it an option.

I have added both issues to the git, so I will get to them as soon as I can.

Please keep the reports coming.
    I'm talking about the pick a song page. Looking forward to all your fixes in future releases.
    Installing right now. This looks fantastic. Taking a little long to load up, but I assume that's because it is finding all of my audio files. May want to add some kind of dialog explaining that it will take a long time.

Still, I like the way it looks and by your description, this app should be a lot of fun.
    ~ Follow me on Twitter ~
    did i hear FLAC correcly ?
  12.    #12  
    Yes...And WMA, and WMV and a whole bunch more I have never heard of, but get to include because of all the hard work that the FFmpeg people have been doing.
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This may be enough to get me to switch over from 1.4.5 to 2.1.0 on my Sprint Pre-...
    Ok, been waiting for it to load for several hours. Reinstalled, now waiting again. Shouldn't it be a bit faster than this?
  15.    #15  
    Should only take 15 minutes max, and that is only if you have a maxed out USB card with 100s of songs.

Are you getting the pop-up at the start telling you the program is about to start indexing? If so, do you get the little widget at the bottom telling you the current search directory? If so, has it stopped on one folder in particular?

The indexer has so far been pretty good. although it can get hung up if you have virtual references on your /media/internal partition in a non-system directory.
    hasn't worked for me yet. Is it a problem that I don't currently have any 'music' on my phone? Only a bunch of podcasts since my last trip to the doctor.
    Yea, I have hundreds of songs. No dialog at the beginning to mention indexing, just sits on the same launching screen for several hours.

Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Should only take 15 minutes max, and that is only if you have a maxed out USB card with 100s of songs.

Are you getting the pop-up at the start telling you the program is about to start indexing? If so, do you get the little widget at the bottom telling you the current search directory? If so, has it stopped on one folder in particular?

The indexer has so far been pretty good. although it can get hung up if you have virtual references on your /media/internal partition in a non-system directory.
    btw, I am using a vzw pre2 with 2.0.1

quite a few patches, but nothing I would expect to interfere with this app. I have a few recordings from the voice recorder app, and about a dozen podcasts from dr podder (and set to not hidden so I can see them in the standard music player).

nothing but the opening splash screen. What should I try next?

also,I don't know what this means:

19.    #19  
    If you are not getting a dialog at the beginning then something is seriously wrong, and the indexer is not even running, which means the audio wouldn't run either.

You should see a status bar across the bottom of the screen that lets you know how things are going. Since you are not seeing that, then the program must be crashing at the very start.

I have only ever tested it on 2.1. I assumed that 2.0 had everything that was needed to support hybrids, but maybe not.

Let me see if I can find a version of the 2.0 SDK and recompile, but I am starting to fear 2.0 people may not be able to run this.
    Whooo a hybrid music player! Excited! Gonna try this out, thanks for all the effort, and hope I can provide some good feedback on testing your app.
Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast