Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    i'm installing the latest dev build now. i'll post any major bugs i see.
    things i notice good and bad:

scrubber works very nicely.
    All main menu items work nicely and have no issues.

Playlist button shows some songs in the playlist but does not scroll, highlights instead. also not able to click on anything in that menu.

when you open the settings menu for bass, treble, ect, i notice that when you make changes and then click the cancel button, it does not revert to the last settings but instead saves and has the same effect as apply.

also, suggestion: it would be nice to have a default button in that menu to set the bass and treble back to default settings.

overall, everything seems to be very solid, responsive, and working correctly.

EDIT: another cool idea just came to my head, not sure what you think, but it would be cool if the turn-table in the middle could act as a scrubber the same way the bass and treble dials work. just thought i'd throw that out there.
    Just had my first day with audiophile. Does not work too good on Franken pre running 2.1. I am going to reinstall and try it again.

Regarding the interface, the first thing that stands out to me is that shuffle/normal and the volume buttons should not have text over icons, makes it hard to know what those are, either text or icon is fine but I don't think it should be both. Also the settings icon maybe just a gear would convey what that is.
    Last edited by laingman; 04/24/2011 at 08:22 AM.
    yes, I thank that we should change the options icon to just a cog now with all the options that can be changed within.
    at first it was only for themes but nyuepik add new features in that scene.

I will chat with him about the text in buttons thing.

he is working on some more bug fixin and I had a late night at the hospital with my son.

next release should fix most or if not, all the bugs listed above your post.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 04/24/2011 at 12:32 PM.
  5.    #125  
    Iaingman:

Just curious what was not running too good? Are you referring to the interface or the audio? There is still a lot to improve, but I need to know where to focus.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Iaingman:

Just curious what was not running too good? Are you referring to the interface or the audio? There is still a lot to improve, but I need to know where to focus.
    I think my phone has a problem with the indexing thing, I only got a bout 1/3 of my mp3 songs, I bought koto and got no songs even after applying the bug fix..

Apart from that it seemed to get unstable after I had been playing for a while or maybe it was just too many commands too fast. It would sometimes get a white screen, the turntable would stop spinning, and then when its slowed down it would catch up and perform the functions that did not respond. I also had songs playing too fast a couple of times, too slow once, and also sometimes displayed the wrong title for song being played quite often. Keep in mind now that this was over stereo bluetooth headset and then car bluetooth for hours. Closed the program and retarted several times to get it back to normal.

Another thing about bluetooth, I did not get any response when I used the bluetooth controls, like next song and pause. But in general it seems to be the most unstable when on bluetooth and touchstone in my car. I wonder what speed 2.1 runs at on touchstone.

The back button does not work at all, I opened some other programs to see if I had a problem on the screen at that spot and couldn't find any. Does the back button work for every one else?

And on the playlist view was unable to select any song. Also, I dont know if you got to this yet but I think when one first moves to playlist view the current song should be visible highlighted on the screen preferably centered.

Also, I think I prefer the nanplayer method of revealing secondary controls rather than having them on the now playing screen, for a cleaner look. The turntable is so cool I would like to see it displayed not surrounded by icons. Just my preference though.

So my thoughts: Very nice, it is not a loud as the stock player but the quality is greatly improved especially in the car I get deeper bass and just a cooler sound. Definitely my go to player for quality listening. I might use another if I wanna see album art but I doubt that would happen too much.
    Seems like the preference for crossfade or gapless transition does not stick. Always on crossfade even after applying change.
  8.    #128  
    Ianigman:

Thanks, pretty comprehensive.

I am working on creating a more stable backend, so that should help long term stability and the transition issue.

The speed thing may have to deal with the songs you were playing, were they older mp3s or ones you got from a p2p network, or were they ones you ripped yourself?

Have never tested the program on bluetooth, so can't speak to that one. Do you mean the back gesture, or is there a special back button on your controls?

The playlist is still being worked on at the conceptual stage, so it is not much more than a tech demo at this point. We are starting up on a TouchPad version of the app, so I am still playing around with how I want to implement it. So keep on the look out for improvements, but I don't have much clarity for you beyond that.

As for the white screen and stuff, that is a combination of WebOS's webkit being so buggy, the pre being pushed to the limit in terms of processor usage, and me needing to do some optimization with the display code. Once I get the backend redone, I should be able to work on some front end optimization, so expect that to get better in the future.

As for the gui, right now we are focusing on getting the TouchPad gui designed, and we probably won't revisit the phone's gui until we have an alpha version of the TouchPad. After that, we will probably make changes to both to unify them. Our design ethic all along has been minimalism without compromising function, so your point is well taken.

Also, album art works, just forgot to call the right function. The developer code is currently broken until I get the new backend working, but I will enable album art on my next release.

Thanks again for the input, keep the comments coming.
    I dont care for album art much but some people cant live without it, maybe we could have a choice of turntable and album art.

I think you're right, I have a lot of songs that I couldn't find to buy on amazon and ended up converting them from other sources such as youtube. I will check again to see if this is the problem with playing too fast or two slow.

The back button on the audiophile player itself does not work for me. But stereo bluetooth headsets (and bluetooth car radios) are able to control basic functions like play/pause forward and back with little buttons. These dont seem to work. I think this is the Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) part of the bluetooth thing.

Another thing that I can suggest that I got used to is the ability to go forward or back on the screen itself in the now playing view. It is very useful especially in the car when one is not supposed to take eyes off road for too long.
  10.    #130  
    Iaingman:

So the back swipe gesture does nothing on your phone? From what I can tell, it works on everyone else's. Audiophile doesn't use mojo, so the only way it captures the back gesture is by looking for the esc key up. Maybe there is something preventing that event from reaching your phone.

Is the stock indexer able to detect all your mp3s? I use a custom program to detect the songs, so it would be different then the stock player, or any other player you would get on the market.

Do any of your mp3s have the mp3 part in uppercase letters?

I have not played around at all with bluetooth functionality. I will take a look to see if there is a quick fix once I finish rewriting the buffer code.

Also, let me know about the speed issue. There are a few cases where the sample rate is not detected by FFmpeg, and I have yet to figure out a good workaround.
    Seems like the the shuffle and repeat will need to be separated because as it is now I don't see a way to repeat the same song. Or else make it so that it would have to go: normal, shuffle, repeat, repeat one, repeat off, normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Iaingman:

So the back swipe gesture does nothing on your phone? From what I can tell, it works on everyone else's. Audiophile doesn't use mojo, so the only way it captures the back gesture is by looking for the esc key up. Maybe there is something preventing that event from reaching your phone.

Is the stock indexer able to detect all your mp3s? I use a custom program to detect the songs, so it would be different then the stock player, or any other player you would get on the market.

Do any of your mp3s have the mp3 part in uppercase letters?

I have not played around at all with bluetooth functionality. I will take a look to see if there is a quick fix once I finish rewriting the buffer code.

Also, let me know about the speed issue. There are a few cases where the sample rate is not detected by FFmpeg, and I have yet to figure out a good workaround.
    I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing here regarding the back gesture. The back gesture in the gesture area works just fine. What I was talking about is that in some players it used to be possible to swipe forward or back on the screen (where the turntable is) and it would rewind the song (or go to the previous song if repeated) or go to the next one if swipe in the other direction. Its not necessary but very useful.

I have the same songs with audiophile as the stock player, so I wouldnt worry about that, it is something else. I just confirmed that one song always plays too slow, but I cant remember which ones played fast. the one that plays slow was captured from somewhere other than amazon so maybe that explains it. I will check on this and get back to you.
  13.    #133  
    Ok, now I understand.

We are working on adding some gestures to the record player similar to what Black mentioned in his post above, although that is still in the conceptual stage at this point. Won't be exactly what you are looking for, but should still be cool, if I can get it to work.

The best I could do is make a two finger back gesture perform what you are talking about. It is something I had thought about, so I will add it to the features to be implemented list, but don't expect it for a while, still too much debugging to do.

As for the shuffle/repeat/normal issue, the issue is that when you turn shuffle and repeat on together for any player I have ever used, the behavior is unpredictable and inconsistent. So I figure you can have one or the other, just not both.

Once I have the new backend in place that will actually support changing which song is set to play next and not having the player crash I can start to play around with the different options and see what makes the most sense and works for everyone.

If you could take a look at the song that plays too slow and let me know what the sample rate listed for it is, I would be very appreciative.
    I am now sure song playing slow is not audiophile fault. Before I was playing with a player that could play songs slow and fast and it seems like it left the song in that state. Sorry about that, I know you have a lot of work to do.
    How dose this look ??????????

This will be close to what we got going on with the new GUI.
    Some changes in it's appearance could occur.
    Colors will be Red, Green, Gray, Blue, Purple, Pink and Brown.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 05/02/2011 at 01:31 PM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Looks nice. Does the audiophile icon at the top do anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Looks nice. Does the audiophile icon at the top do anything?
    Yes. that is the default icon for no album art. New color will be White and gray. Tap on it will send you to index scene.
    I hope Josh can set up album art later in the build.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 05/01/2011 at 06:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    Yes. that is the default icon for no album art. New color will be White and gray. Tap on it will send you to index scene.
    I hope Josh can set up album art later in the build.
    Thanks. My franken pre broke and I miss this player already. If you are doing album art please let it take up the whole width of the screen like iphone and nanplayer did. Or as much as possible. I hate music players with useless borders around the album art.
  19.    #139  
    Newest developer build is available. I need feedback on the new back-end.
    installing now. I'll play around the next few days and report anything i find.
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast