Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    It's all goooood

take your time. all good things take time and I for one can wait.
    agreed.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I agree too--this is cool stuff and worth the wait. I have a question and a feature request.

First, the question: should I be hearing a quality improvement in your app over the stock player even when listening to MP3s? I feel like I can hear a difference--am I imagining it?

Now, my feature request: using the approach you're taking (ffmpeg), is it possible to implement volume leveling? It's amazing the features I got used to not having with all the apps that use the native music player. The one that probably causes me the most heartache is the fact that I have to turn the volume up or down with every track when I use the built-in player.

Thanks!
  3.    #83  
    Zahid:

Yes, you will most likely hear an increase in sound quality due to the added filtering and advanced resampling. Note that this will probably come at the expense of increased battery, processor, and memory usage. Shouldn't be a game breaker, but I am not in the business of over-promising.

As for volume leveling, yes, it is certainly possible, and actually not that hard to implement, if I had the time. Problem is that it is much slower to develop the gui side of things than I would like thanks to the fact that WebOS has such a buggy WebKit implementation. If there are any developers out there looking to contribute to an open source project, please PM me.
    I'd love to help you out in your beta test as I am desperately in need of something that will play FLAC files on my Pre--.

But, as I just mentioned, I am stuck in an infinite loop called:

hell(Pre--);

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  5.    #85  
    HandyDJ:

Audiophile runs fine on a first gen Sprint Pre so long as you have WebOS 2.1 installed on it. All my development is on a Pre-- specifically because I want to make sure everything is usable to the widest audience.
    My dream feature for a music app would be to be able to search from anywhere in the app.
    My dream app would be a video player that can sequence play videos like a music player.

If I get a Pre2 I will be using audiophile to replace nanplayer. Thanks for the effort.
    so nyuepik, i was just curious, what aspect of the app are you currently working on?

Attached Images Attached Images
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

9.    #89  
    Some family stuff came up, which prevented working on the app. That is mostly over, so I should be able to get back on track shortly.

As for what is being worked on, I am addressing the complaint about the readability of the song picker screen and trying to get some debug info to make sure the indexer works for everyone. I am also adding the ability to skin the app so Warlord can share the various color schemes he has been working on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Some family stuff came up, which prevented working on the app. That is mostly over, so I should be able to get back on track shortly.

As for what is being worked on, I am addressing the complaint about the readability of the song picker screen and trying to get some debug info to make sure the indexer works for everyone. I am also adding the ability to skin the app so Warlord can share the various color schemes he has been working on.
    Sounds good!

of course no rush, i understand, i was just curious where you were in the development process.
    So I tried Audiophile with my Ogg vorbis music collection (just a couple of sample files) and the first problem I encountered was that Audiophile didn't even recognize the .ogg files in the filesystem. Is searching for media files something that Audiophile does itself? Or does it use some system service to search for all media formats?

Regardless, can anyone help me in trying to get Audiophile to recognize and play Ogg vorbis content?
    This will be close to what we got going on with the skinning for now.
    Some changes in it's appearance could occur.
    Colors will be Red, Green, White, Blue, Purple and Black

Last edited by warlord9159; 04/04/2011 at 02:48 PM.

I've always wanted an audiophile music player to listen to the nuance and detail of Pantera!

Sorry, in all seriousness this looks great. It's always really nice to have more options when it comes to music players and it's nice to see that this one looks good as well as offering audiophile functionality.
  14.    #94  
    Richip:

It should have found the files during indexing. Did you try opening them manualy using Folder view?
    that looks sick warlord!
    Colors

Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    It should have found the files during indexing. Did you try opening them manualy using Folder view?
    I just did a re-index and it found all the MP3's on my filesystem but not the Ogg vorbis ones (*.ogg). (Speaking of, may I suggest adding the "Redo Index" menu option in the menu of the "playlist selection" pages, as well?)

I did, however, try to play back a file using the "Folder" option and can confirm that it was able to identify the file correctly and play the audio. It did not seem to pick up the Ogg metadata (e.g. title, album, artist, etc.) which, I assume, is only done in Index mode. I'm just glad that Ogg vorbis playback is now finally a reality.

Are you using webOS for doing the indexing? Should we file a bug with HP for that?
  18.    #98  
    Richip:

Afraid the bug is mine. The WebOS indexer does not pick up ogg or FLAC or any of the other new files Audiophile supports. I am currently rewriting the JavaScript side to use JQuery Mobile rather than Mojo. Once that is done, I already have some debug code in the Indexer to try and get to the bottom of why some people are having problems, so I expect to make progress on the Indexer with the next release.
    I'm very interested in this, cause .flac support is really the one thing missing for me from webOS. I don't own a webOS phone yet, but this certainly makes me want one even more ...just waiting for the Veer to be released. From what I understand this should work on a Veer without a problem, right?
    Anyway, keep up the good work.
  20.    #100  
    TopasJ:

Not sure about veer, but it works on the original if it's running 2.1, so I am guess it will play on the Veer.

Just finished rewriting the list view code. I expect to have the next version out soon.
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast