Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Psychonaut:

Let me know how it goes. I may need to try and get some debug data from you using a special version of the app (unless you are comfortable doing log dumps and using linux, then I can talk you through some stuff).
    Just tried running the indexer again for kicks and it froze again.

Option one works

or

I'm comfortable experimenting! The Pre was my first smart phone but I'm pretty comfortable and constantly learning about the homebrew scene. I've branched out beyond installing/using Preware. Including but not limited to introducing myself to linux with the advent of 2.1 on legacy hardware. I've got lumberjack on my phone and cygwin and ubuntu (virtual box) on my windows 7 machine. You would probably have to talk me through some stuff though.

However you want to play it...
  2.    #62  
    Psycho:

Sent you a PM with some instructions.
    my pixi can't load my music, can u take it suitable for pixi?
  4.    #64  
    anap123:

I wish I could, but the pixi can't run hybrid apps. I tried once to do this as a straight PDK app, but that was just too much of a nightmare.

Sorry.
    To answer your questions:

Would people prefer the speed control on the main player or the filter screen?

I think that would be something i personally would want in the pop out menu, not on the main page, it'd get too cluttered.

Also, should I add the control for mid range, or will the just crowd out the guy too much?
    I'd say add mid range but then again if full EQ is coming then i would focus on only having bass, treble, and EQ. But if it isn't very difficult, sure add it. lol.
    My suggestions - as a user. I think for developers its important that form and function be balanced. You can have alot of functions/ feature but if it confuses users and it's not intuitive then it breaks the application.

So for a MP3 player (that is if you want to keep it that way) or in the future move it to also support podcasts / radio streaming etc etc, you've to put yourself as a user.

1. Which are the functions that a user would use when they first turn on the player?
    - either a playlist?
    - or go to the album selection.
    - or some just want it random or play all. (which i think are minority)

Going back to the main player controls
    Would people prefer the speed control on the main player or the filter screen?
    -if you put on the main player - suggest you do like a prefixed speed up or speed down. (2x, 3x, 4x). Actually this is more useful in a video player cause some ppl want to fast forward. But in Mp3 player the only reason someone would want this is if they 'mix' 2 songs to try to get them synchronized.- and that is if you want to do that.
    It would be interesting if one could 'peg' a finegrain speed field tagged to a MP3 song- and there is another feature to mix the end of a song and a new song together with both the finegrain speed predefined by user. If this is where you want to bring this player - then it's better to have a menu option where you can predefine song by song properties that would enable you to premix songs say in a play list (one speed for beginning of song), one speed for end of song.

Also, should I add the control for mid range, or will the just crowd out the guy too much?
    For this one - suggest you have a menu (under the main menu) for predefined range. 3 controls - High, Med, Low. Suggest you use a a rectangular bar cause 3 round nobs is quite difficult to meddle.
    Suggest you also predefine some music types - Rock, Folk, Orchestra etc etc, so that ppl can just use a specific type and not have to fiddle every song. You might also want to enable listerners to predefine their own 'music' type and save it under their predefined name.

This is quite a good functional player at the moment, a diamond waiting to be polished
  7.    #67  
    Thanks, based on the feedback, I think I will focus on getting the playlist and index pages to be more user friendly first. Once I do that, I will work on making the player screen more intuitive, and Warlord has done some really nice gui graphics to help on that front.

Once that is all done, then I will work on getting all the remaining filters set up.

Usability is more important than showing off all the features that I have available. However, if anyone wants a particular feature enabled, let me know, and I can throw something in the menu bar.
    also if no one has stated this, I would only allow the player to show supported file types . It shows all files now.
    and did you get my last mail w/white?
    And somehow when you pause the player you get this.
    The art goes round and round
    and play time pops up when you advance the play and states the last time shown only and will not update or disappear.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

I got some code I will give you later for dock-mode.
    If you can use this for a mini player when in Exhibition mode, that would be cool.
    Kinda like the Pre player has its Dashboard player.

Awesome!
    I will keep a close watch to this thread.
    Looks like its going to be a great app.
    I've tried 0.06 and 0.0.7 and i really like it.

Great work!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
  13.    #73  
    Warlord:

Too many bugs, too little time. As for the all files/supported files, the issue is that FFmpeg supports lots and lots of files. The idea is to allow the user to try any file they have and see if FFmpeg plays it.

What I am going to do is separate known music files from unknown files with a line break, kinda like when title lists are separated by letter breaks; that way things will be easier for people to find, but still allow the freedom.
    Warlord:

Too many bugs, too little time. As for the all files/supported files, the issue is that FFmpeg supports lots and lots of files. The idea is to allow the user to try any file they have and see if FFmpeg plays it.

What I am going to do is separate known music files from unknown files with a line break, kinda like when title lists are separated by letter breaks; that way things will be easier for people to find, but still allow the freedom.
    cool but try to open a .jpg file with FF lol.
    it locks it up.
    I did for the he!! of it

Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    And somehow when you pause the player you get this.
    The art goes round and round
    and play time pops up when you advance the play and states the last time shown only and will not update or disappear.
    i get this also. just an fyi.
    I got some code I will give you later for dock-mode.
    If you can use this for a mini player when in Exhibition mode, that would be cool.
    Kinda like the Pre player has its Dashboard player.
    this would be a feature i would love enabled if not too difficult. just my opinion.
    this is a great app. The stuff you got in the works will make this so awesome.
    can't wait for the next update
    this is a great app. The stuff you got in the works will make this so awesome.
    can't wait for the next update
    Me too!
  19.    #79  
    Working on it. It just sucks how many bugs there are in WebOS's CSS implementation. I prototype something awesome in chrome, and then watch it fail when I move to the device. I expected to have an update today, but now I am hoping early this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
    Working on it. It just sucks how many bugs there are in WebOS's CSS implementation. I prototype something awesome in chrome, and then watch it fail when I move to the device. I expected to have an update today, but now I am hoping early this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
    It's all goooood

take your time. all good things take time and I for one can wait.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast