Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #421  
    I have a developer account with Last.fm, and have what I need to in place to do the Last.fm stuff. The issue is that the donate version is a sorta, kinda a commercial use, and my developer account is strictly non-commercial.

It is on our road map, and we do have an idea as to what we are going to do, but you will have to be patient for now.
    Great, thanks! Looking forward to possibly seeing it in the future!

PS: Bought the Pro version to say thanks!
    Last edited by Bazirker; 09/08/2011 at 04:11 PM.
  3.    #423  
    Good news on two fronts. Warlord just signed up for a commercial last.fm account, so we will start work on that. Also, now that I have the new metadata code in place, tomorrow I plan to try and update the phone version with the new code base. We probably won't be making any changes to the front end, but we should have a more stable back end. We are going to host it here, and put it on the market as a $0.99 or so donate.
    Excellent! I will be totally stoked if last.fm support arrives on my touchpad
    First, awesome app, thanks for the update links in this thread. My music collection is all .wma. The indexer, though, doesn't seem to like this as it just shows the record spinning for hours. If I select the built in indexer, it only finds the .mp3 files (which I assume is normal). Does the pro version support wma indexing? I'd happily pay for the app if it does (I'll probably download it even if it doesnt).
  6.    #426  
    Indexer is the same on each version, and both will pick up wma. Getting the indexer right has proven to be far more difficult than I had originally thought. The newest developer build will work, you should be able to find a link to it in this thread.
    I did download the build in this thread, and am still not getting wma indexing. I have about 10gigs of songs, is there anything else I can try? I am able to play music using folder view, which I appreciate greatly.
    I'm from dominican republic and I need the manga reader
  9.    #429  
    Silki,

Let me know if the version in the pm I sent you works.
    Hi, nyuepik.

Great app! I was wondering if you could implement the following request: Could you modify the tempo slider so that its gradient is more useful. Currently, the first tick I do to slow down the music brings it to 0.61x of the original tempo. I was wondering if you could make it, perhaps, exponential, so that the the useful range of values (those close to 1.0x) is wider.

Another thought is to use a roller type of interface rather than a slider, but I scratched that idea off as I think it's good to have an absolute reference to 1.0x speed.

I'm willing to do the development work.
  11.    #431  
    Richip:

If you want to do the development work, more than happy to implement whatever you want. I don't use Enyo or Mojo, so it will have to be either straight javascript or JQuery.

The plug-in supports any vlaue between 0.25-4

Above 1 slows the song down
    below 1 speeds it up.

Let me know if you need help.

It needs to have a way to reset to zero. Other than that, I am fine with whatever.
    This may be more Warlord's department, but have you guys given any thought to adding an option in the GUI to show track information such as track length, bitrate, and file type?
  13.    #433  
    Baz:

We already collect the information on the backend, but at this point in time the feature request list is just getting way too long for me to handle. If someone is interested in adding it, then yes, otherwise probably not.

Now I need your help. I have the last.fm login in place, but having never used the service, I don't know Scrobbling is supposed to work. Like do you have play a song for a certain amount of time before it gets scrobbled, how important is caching, etc...

If you could please give me as detailed a description of how it is supposed to work I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    If you want to do the development work, more than happy to implement whatever you want. I don't use Enyo or Mojo, so it will have to be either straight javascript or JQuery.

The plug-in supports any vlaue between 0.25-4

Above 1 slows the song down
    below 1 speeds it up.

Let me know if you need help.

It needs to have a way to reset to zero. Other than that, I am fine with whatever.
    I'll start looking immediately. Could you point me in the direction I should be looking at? I'm new to Javascript programming sonot needing to trace it from the start will increase my speed.
  15.    #435  
    Good luck if you don't know JavaScript. I have not really been commenting anything.

The current routine that sets things is here:
    https://github.com/epik/wAMP/blob/ma...ripts/scene.js

line: 1311.

Basically, you just need to send the calculated value to objwAMP.SetSpeed()
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Baz:

We already collect the information on the backend, but at this point in time the feature request list is just getting way too long for me to handle. If someone is interested in adding it, then yes, otherwise probably not.

Now I need your help. I have the last.fm login in place, but having never used the service, I don't know Scrobbling is supposed to work. Like do you have play a song for a certain amount of time before it gets scrobbled, how important is caching, etc...

If you could please give me as detailed a description of how it is supposed to work I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.
    In general, scrobbling of a track is performed when either 50% of the song has been listened to or four minutes of the song has transpired, whichever happens first. This way, songs longer than 8 minutes get scrobbled before half of it has played. Tracks shorter than 30 seconds are not scrobbled. I'm not 100% sure if the 4 minute rule is still in effect as it is not discussed here: Last.fm - Listen to free music with internet radio and the largest music catalogue online

If you're trying to find someone else's implementation of it to see how they do it, QTscrobbler should have source code available.
    QTScrobbler

Also, you could reach out to forum member and developer xschemer who built a last.fm client of sorts for WebOS 1.4.5, discussed here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-h...70-lostfm.html

In regards to displaying track info, I was just throwing it out as an idea if it was quick and easy. I am in the process of learning JavaScript but am certainly not good enough yet to do much more than hello world...but maybe I have a goal now!

it took me like 15 minutes to type this on my Touchpad, I totally suck at touchscreen keyboards....
  17.    #437  
    So I now have it set up to log-in to last.fm, and it is showing up on the connected applications page. I think I am just going to take a simple approach to scrobbling where if the song plays more than 30 seconds without a seek than it will be scrobbled. If you want more than that, you will probably have to try programming it yourself (which I will be happy to talk you through), since I just don't have the time to spend on features.

EDIT:

Bazirker: sent you a pm with scrobbling. Let me know if it works.
    Last edited by nyuepik; 09/17/2011 at 09:48 PM.
    I do hope some day the app will be stable on phones, the main issue for me are that when I press play all and skip a track the app will just stop playing music and I will have to relaunch, and some UI glitches. But I love the app and what it does.
  19.    #439  
    kel: you are referring to phone version right?

I have done some updating of the phone version internally, but have been holding off until I am sure indexing is working on the TouchPad. When I posted the update, I thought it was, but then another error came up. I think I fixed that, so maybe next weekend for a phone update.
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    Quick issue with the phone version. As of right now the playback and volume buttons are cut off when viewing on a veer. They are just barely visible, about 2 or 3 pixels of the top of the buttons can be seen and it's impossible to tell what the button is. This issue is also affecting search when viewing a list, the search box is sticking up just 4 or 5 pixels from the botton and is very hard to touch. Also the option button is cut on the main menu.
    I had the same issue and noticed it was only when I used my wallpaper as the background.
    Sprint Treo 650 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> Sprint Centro --> Sprint Pre- --> AT&T Veer/ Pre 2/ Pre 3, Touchpad