Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #381  
    Batman:

1.7 is for the TouchPad, it won't work for the phone version.

Grappler:

No need to delete. I had thought that may help with some jailer issues, but things seem better under 3.0.2, so I wouldnt worry.
    Opps... I guess that explains it

I must be the only one that the audiophile (phone version 1.5) doesn't work. Which is sad, because that's a nice player. Sniff sniff
    Last edited by Batman_777; 08/12/2011 at 05:55 PM.
    I cannot access the App catalog, is there a way I can get an updated version of Audiophile for Palm Pre 2?

Thanks!
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
  4.    #384  
    For all the Palm Pre users out there: I know Warlord was working on rescaling the TouchPad images to the phone.

I have not forgotten about you, but the TouchPad version has taken far longer to get where I need it than I had originally thought. Also, many of the changes I have made have resulted in a version of the underlying player that is no longer compatible with the old Pre code base. I will do my best to work with Warlord to get you guys a player in a timely manner, but I can't make any promises.

The current code base is 1.6, which is available here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.1.6_all.ipk

It still has all the old bugs.

Also, here is 1.5 in case 1.6 is not in a release state:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.1.5_all.ipk
    Audiophile for the Pre.
    I got a lot of it done now but still a lot more to do. need to fix up the indexer text, picker text and images. So i will try to work on it some more this week.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Hey! Thanks a lot for the app! Don't worry about the time! We can wait!

It is really a good app and it would be a pity not being able to use it. Just like happened with Nanplayer.

Regards///
    Last edited by thenyboy; 08/13/2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Nokia 1100 - Alcatel OT156A - Motorola C650 - Motorola v220i - Motorola V555 - The Great Motorola V360 - The Amazing Treo 650 - Treo 750 - Original Palm Pre (1.4.5) - Palm Pre2 (2.1) + Touchpad.
  7.    #387  
    Just an FYI, but I think this is probably the end to AudiophileHD. I will make the final decision later in the week, but I am really not happy with the situation.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Sorry to hear that. Understandable but there are still a lot of users out there who like your App.
    I just bought a Veer and I'm still hoping for the better fitting skin :-)

BTW, on my Veer oggs don't play at all. They're not recognized and when I select them from the folder it tries to load them but they don't play. Does that happen on all Veers?
  9.    #389  
    MMMLMN:

I am actually reconsidering a little. I was in the process of adding beat detection, and given the recent spike, and the love shown to the program from the community, I am strongly thinking of now finishing that off, and of helping to finish the phone version.

I am for sure done long term, but all is not lost for the short term. I do love the community even if I don't always love the OS or the companies running it.
  10.    #390  
    Wow, up to 7000 unique downloads for the TouchPad lite version (the donate version, not so much :-( ). If someone wants to post a thread in the TouchPad apps section asking for a DJ app (which I would then answer) we could probably get it to 10,000 ;-) Just kidding.

I did want to update everyone on the game plan going forward since I have finally decided what I plan to do.

I have one more release planned with beat detection and another feature that I am keeping under wraps for now, but which I think will be fun. That should be submitted for publication under the donate version within the next few days, and the lite version maybe a week later.

After that, Warlord and I plan to focus on fixing up the phone version, with an emphasis on the Veer, since that phone will have the longest life left in it. We may release a donate version also, but it will be the same as the regular version since phone based app sales are non-existent we don't see much point in even trying for that market. I expect that effort to take about two weeks.

Once that effort is finished, I plan to move on. I may just tinker for fun from time to time, but don't expect any more features. Even if HP does figure out something to do with WebOS, I am not sure that will be enough. I am frankly sick of WebOS's lousy WebKit implementation.

I know people blast Audiophile for being unresponsive, and I could certainly optimize more, but I am just getting worn out of having stuff work perfectly on the iPad, but failing on WebOS. It has gone from a fun challenge, to a chore of "how can we work around this rendering problem" or "what can we do to avoid this memory error."

Also, without the ability to save passwords in the browser, or the ability to edit docs, or a KeePass app, I can't use the TouchPad in my daily routine, meaning that I won't be updating the app for my own use either. (For those interested, I have looked into porting a KeePass app, but the level of effort is just too great. I could do it, but it would end up taking far too long to justify the usefulness).

If people have specific things they need from the player going forward, I will consider adding them, and if someone else wants to take over development, I will continue to help. However, absent some major change, I think the next version of Audiophile will mirror WebOS's fate.

Thanks for all the support, and I will continue to check this thread regularly, so feel free to start a dialog.
    Any plans to support the Pre3?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    http://www.angrygoatapps.com
    Twitter: angrygoatapps
  12. NSA
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    The app catalog is acting up.. whats the difference between the donate version and free?
  13.    #393  
    Pre 3 plans have been ditched.

Only difference is that Donate has DJ mode and a full EQ, otherwise functionality is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Pre 3 plans have been ditched.
    Too bad. It would have been nice to be able to play flac's on my Pre3.
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
  15.    #395  
    Angry,

Just finished the next version of HD, which really turned out well, most of the lag is gone, just need to figure out an issue with garbage collection, and I would finally say its lag free.

As a result, I am finally gonna start to turn my attention back to the phone version. It will take a while, but when I incorporate the new code, I will release for Pre 3, but it won't be custom for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    As a result, I am finally gonna start to turn my attention back to the phone version. It will take a while, but when I incorporate the new code, I will release for Pre 3, but it won't be custom for it.
    That's great news. I don't really care about it being custom for the Pre3. As long as it can play flacs in a stable manner with no audio artifacts, I'm good.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    --------------------
    Apps for webOS
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I just discovered this thread, and did not read the whole thread: is it possible to access files located on a local uPnP server? Some app include this feature, but don't support as many file formats.
    Last edited by Kratus; 08/30/2011 at 01:34 PM.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it".
    Voltaire, french writer and Philosopher, 1694-1778

French translator of UberCalendar, sconix's advanced patches, Twithibition, AuctionMate, Communities, Headlines 2, OrganizeMe!, Homebrew Google Maps, and many other webOS apps.
  18.    #398  
    No, I think FFmpeg supports it, so in theory it will make its way to a release version at some point, but not at the moment.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

20.    #400  
    Since the review team is taking forever to get our versions through, and because their automated screening too is all messed up anyway, here is the latest version of Audiophile. I added the ability to pick between adding albums by album order or alphabetical. It also includes many of the performance tweaks so lag is pretty minor except for the occasional pause when garbage collection kicks in (being worked on for the next version). Added a whole bunch of other new features like last played list and frequently played list, Save WebOS tribute, favorites, etc...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.1.9_all.ipk