Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #21  
    Ok, I just checked the Developer forums, and they confirmed that hybrid support is not available until 2.1. So if you have a 2.0 phone, no luck.

I could probably rig something up that just indexed your Pre and played random songs, with maybe a few key commands accepted as input, but at that point, you are probably just better off using the MPlayer app.

I want to spread the joy, so if anyone has ideas, let me know.
    Don't know if this has been reported but when in play all scene and you go to list botton at the top. If you gesture back it will start a new song.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

Also where do I change the background from white to black?

I mad my own images
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by warlord9159; 03/28/2011 at 12:11 PM.

Also, I would like to add a background image to all scenes

I added this but it is not working

body.palm-default {
    background-image: url(../res/default.png) 0 0 fixed no-repeat;
    color:#000000;
    }

I didnt really expect it to, but it cant play .wma from rhapsody, maybe someday I will get this feature.
    I installed this and it starts indexing like normal but then seems to freeze. The progress bar stops moving after a bit. Is this normal? I have a Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any idea what kind of DAC the Pre uses?
    VZW Pre 2 on 2.1

Thanks webOS Internals!

@thereddestdog
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Ok, I just checked the Developer forums, and they confirmed that hybrid support is not available until 2.1. So if you have a 2.0 phone, no luck.

I could probably rig something up that just indexed your Pre and played random songs, with maybe a few key commands accepted as input, but at that point, you are probably just better off using the MPlayer app.

I want to spread the joy, so if anyone has ideas, let me know.
    Thanks for the info. It's probably better to focus on 2.1 because that's the largest audience, and eventually where VZW users will have to be. I'm looking forward to being able to try it out once I have 2.1 on one of my devices. It's probably going to be on my Pre+ first because I can probably figure out meta-doctor faster than VZW can get a 2.1 update released. They take waaaay too long for anything related to webOS!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this app works with .wma and .mp3 files from Rhapsody. It kills me that Rhapsody hasn't created any webOS apps yet!
  9.    #29  
    warlord9159:

Didn't realize about the list button and the back gesture; however back behavior in general is not really implemented well. I made a conscious effort to avoid mojo and anything that I couldn't easily port to the TouchPad, so the back gesture took a back seat. And will probably continue to do so until I get gui finalized and all the filters working.

You should be able to customize the actual player screen; not sure why changing the css didn't do anything. The other scenes are fairly image heavy since the Pre doesn't support custom fonts, and I didn't want to use the stock fonts, I ended up using images for everything I could.

I also just realized that the git is not up to date with all the Javascript files, but I don't think that was a problem for you

Let me know, and I will add you to the git if you want to help customize the look.

reidoreilly:

I have not really explored how FFmpeg handles license protected files, so I can't say if there is a way around that or not, but my guess is not.
  10.    #30  
    jsgraphicart:

Nope, shouldn't freeze like that. Probably means something crashed. Do you have a lot of nested directories on your media drive? I only allocate strings that are 1024 characters long, so if the indexer encounters a path name longer than that, it would probably cause it to crash.

Can you tell which directory it is locking up on? So far the indexer has proven surprisingly error free, but I know there will be problems. I forget if I have it set up to allow you to proceed after a failed index or not. If I don't, I guess that will have to push to the top of the list.
    Thanks so much! I didn't look through the previous posts very much so these suggestions may be repeats.

A way to go back to the menu screen then back to the now playing. When i go to he menu while music is playing i cant go back to he now playing without switching songs.

With the bass i noticed is when i turned it up a little bit past stock settings, it started to have popping sounds. (I didn't turn it up extremely high, just about 1-2 of the little tick marks, and also i have a good pair of 100 dollar headphones I'm using.)

It is slow to update the song title at times.

(I'm sure you have plans for his for the future but...) Exhibition mode functionality.

Audio quality is immensely better now! i use music player remix and this player's quality is much much better. i finally may not need to rely on my ipod for my quality music now! I'm really excited to see this audio player go through development, thank you for your hard work and keep it up!

EDIT: Just encountered an interesting error that made my songs play super fast (chipmunk mode) lol. closed the app, re-opened it, and now the play now button wont do anything from the main screen. I'm re-indexing now seeing if that will help.

Yup, re-indexing fixed it.
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 03/28/2011 at 02:11 PM.
    This is just what I've been longing for, a WebOs player with treble, and bass controls. My input so far:
    1. Indexing to about 2 minutes I have about 100 songs.
    2. After listing to a song, I swype back to the listing, and select artist, then select another song that is when I got the error "TypeError: Cannot read property "Style" of null" and this keeps popping up with the ok button to press, I can't see to be fast enough to press it.
    After that happens my only choice is to close the app, and then re-open, after I open it the only thing I can select from the menu is folder, then select the songs that way, and they play fine.
    It seems that this happens every time I change songs.

P.S The only way to fix that and have access to the menu again is to re-index. This app is on the right track keep up the great work.
    Last edited by techfellow; 03/28/2011 at 02:35 PM.
    PSN
    Twitter
    Palm Centro - Palm/HP Pre+ w/webos 2.1.0
    jsgraphicart:

Nope, shouldn't freeze like that. Probably means something crashed. Do you have a lot of nested directories on your media drive? I only allocate strings that are 1024 characters long, so if the indexer encounters a path name longer than that, it would probably cause it to crash.

Can you tell which directory it is locking up on? So far the indexer has proven surprisingly error free, but I know there will be problems. I forget if I have it set up to allow you to proceed after a failed index or not. If I don't, I guess that will have to push to the top of the list.
    I see the directory it gets hung up on. But looking in that directory, I see no string that looks to be over 1024 characters Most of my music is pretty organized and named properly. And so far it hasnt proceeded to anything but the indexing screen so I dont think that is set.
  14.    #34  
    Jsgraphicart:

Can you either pm me or post the full path of the dir it locks on and a list of it's contents. I will work on a fix for when indexing fails tonight.

Blackfire:

The popping is caused by the filter overflowing past 16 bits. If you lower the app's volume (not the pre vol) it should go away. It also depends on how the song was mixed and encoded. As for the speed thing, that is strange. If it happens again, see if a reboot fixes it.

Techfellow: next time that happens, can you send me the Wampanoag.v1.index file that should be on the USB partition.

Thanks all, keep the feedback coming.

Blackfire:

The popping is caused by the filter overflowing past 16 bits. If you lower the app's volume (not the pre vol) it should go away. It also depends on how the song was mixed and encoded. As for the speed thing, that is strange. If it happens again, see if a reboot fixes it.
    closing and reopening the app fixed the speed issue. and I'll play around with volumes and such with the bass settings.
    Last edited by blackfireball5; 03/28/2011 at 02:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by techfellow View Post
    I'm also getting this error and having all of the menu buttons not work unless i restart the app, with the exception of he folders option which allows me to pick songs that way.
    FFmpeg support Ogg vorbis. Does this?
  18.    #38  
    I compiled with all FFmpeg decoders and demuxers included, so it should support Ogg. I have only tested Flac, WMA, mp3, and m4a, which all work.
    Wow this is amazing! Exactly what I want out of my music player~!
    However I found one issue. When I am on the "now playing" screen and I hit "show filter" at the bottom of the screen the Bass and Treble Functions open up. It seems the word "crossfade" is right on top of the word "treble". I'm on a Sprint Pre running 2.1. Not sure what the problem is considering WebOS does pretty well with resizing things to fit.
    Thank you for all your hard work and keep it up!!
    - Gapless not working properly with FLAC, it seems with MP3 it's ok.
    - Some issues when playing FLAC and after touching the navbar song too many times.
    - Basic EQ but very powerful but it resets on restart.
    - I love folder navigation and turntable animation.
    - Same issue as Techfellow when changing folders.

Congratulations it's a very promising app.
    Last edited by KromaXamorK; 03/28/2011 at 04:56 PM.
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast