Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #301  
    No one has asked that question yet, and yes there is. If you click "Play All" it should go to shuffle mode automatically. The other option is to click the little icon next to the scrubber.

You have three choices, repeat all, shuffle all, or normal mode. We try to keep the interface as spare as possible, and I just didn't see the point in having multiple shuffle and repeat options. Others have complained about it, but that is one of the areas where I have exercised an executive veto and won't change it.
  2.    #302  
    Just an FYI, the new version of AudiophileHD with the sound fix was just submitted for publishing. Also fixed was the ".." in folder view not working, added filtering to title (although its still a tad buggy, you may have to open and close the window a few times to get the headers back), sped up load times a little (although that may have introduced some new problems based on a bug in 3.0's plugin handling, so if people have start-up issues let me know). Also put in a teaser for the Pro/Donate version. Few other fixes too.

Still can't figure out the 24/96 Flac problem. It has something to do with how I am interfacing with libavcodec, just not sure how yet. Also, the sound cutting off when the screen gets turned off is another one that is proving hard to deal with. I know the solution in theory, but getting that solution to actually work is not going well, and Palm is ignoring my emails asking for help.

Anyway, life has been a bit of a kicker the last few days, so probably slow going for a week now that I have the audio fixed.
  3.    #303  
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the update is still pending review. Also, I discovered a major bug in the version that is now pending for review. If you click "Restore Defaults" on that version it will mess up the sound. I have the fix ready to go, but it takes so long to get a submission rejected that it is easier just to have them release the pending version, and then release a fix to that.

So once the update rolls out, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK RESTORE DEFAULTS until version 0.0.7 or higher is released.
  4.    #304  
    It seems the initial rush to push out apps that occurred right around the TouchPad launch is no longer happening, so v0.0.6 is still waiting in the queue for approval. Given that v0.0.6 has a fatal error in it, I don't want to risk having it out there for any length of time, so I have submitted it for rejection. Unfortunately, that probably means the update now won't be out until next week. As a result, I am attaching the link to v0.0.7 below:

I recommend you use that until I am able to push it through the approval process.
    Last edited by nyuepik; 07/16/2011 at 03:41 PM.
  5.    #305  
    Finally figured out the screen timeout problem. The music now plays even after the screen has locked. Also almost figured out a dialog control. Should be ready for version 0.0.8.
  6.    #306  
    New version of AudiophileHD. It now plays even after screen timeout, and it now has a beta dashboard notification that allows you to change songs like the stock player. Also fixed a bug in 0.0.7 that prevented adding songs to the playlist.

As of now, the next step is to get DJ mode working on the Pro/Donate version and get that submitted to market. Then I will work on making the playlist and song selection easier to use.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.0.8_all.ipk
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I have tried both 0.0.7 and 0.0.8 on my TP and both time out trying to index my music (~5000 songs).
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
  8.    #308  
    noseph:

I will try increasing the Timeout trigger. Maybe with that many songs it takes longer than I thought it could. I will also try and put that many songs on the pad to see how it works for me.
  9.    #309  
    noseph:

I updated v0.0.8 with a version that will not timeout. If that fails to work, then you will need to post a log dump for me.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    noseph:

I updated v0.0.8 with a version that will not timeout. If that fails to work, then you will need to post a log dump for me.
    I let the indexer screen run for 4 hours with no change in status. Where/how do I get a log dump for you?

11.    #311  
    Noseph:

Thanks for testing. Sounds like the indexer is crashing at some point. Before I talk you through a log dumb, let me try putting that many files on my Pad and see what happens. The issue is either that I am limiting the size of some array and the amount of songs you have is causing that to overflow, or one of the songs on your pad is causing the player to crash when it tries to get the metadata.

Are most of your files in a format the stock player can read? And do they show up in the stock player?

If so, then the size is the problem. Assuming it is the problem, I will need to determine whether the issue is that WebOS can't handle a string transfer with so many characters or whether I am not allocating enough memory.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    All of the music on my TP is m4a and show up in the stock player. These are a copy of what I run on my webOS 2.1.0 VZW Pre+ in Music Player Remix.

13.    #313  
    Cool, I will double check the code to make sure I have no artificial limits on string size. I will let you know when I figure out the cause.
    Just saw this thread started in the Touchpad App section. posted about Audiophile.

http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...pp-please.html

loving your Touchpad version, keep up the great work bud. excited for the future of this app.
  15.    #315  
    Noseph:

Try this ipk. I found one error, which has been fixed. Other than that, I was able to load 25 gigs of music on my pad and it worked.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/com...._0.0.8_all.ipk
    kayphoonstar likes this.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    nyuepik:

I am still getting the endless "Checking indexer" screen, except with this one the full screen is blank with the exception of the Task Bar, while card view shows the turntable and Checking indexer message with the scrolling busy indicator. I have even done an uninstall/reboot/install/reboot.

I just went into usb mode and moved my movies from one folder to a new one, ejected the TP and then rebooted. When it finished rebooting I checked and my movies show in the video app and the music app says I have 5042 songs. Audiophile now shows the proper screen, however the scroll for the Checking indexer moved a short distance and seems to be frozen at "ayer is Rocking, C".
    Last edited by noseph; 07/21/2011 at 12:45 PM. Reason: additional info

17.    #317  
    I guess I will need to get more details from you. Sent you a pm.
    Where can I donate to this project? You have done amazing work and been nothing but on the ball when addressing issues and working with users and I want to be able to say thanks.
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  19.    #319  
    I actually can't really accept money because of my job. We are putting out a Pro/Donate version as soon as HP gets around to approving it in order to get Warlord a pad so he can assist me in development. So you can just purchase that, and give it 5-stars and a good review to keep others coming.

This is a labor of love, so just knowing that it has made an impact makes it worth it.
    darkproteus66 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    nyuepik:

I am still getting the endless "Checking indexer" screen, except with this one the full screen is blank with the exception of the Task Bar, while card view shows the turntable and Checking indexer message with the scrolling busy indicator. I have even done an uninstall/reboot/install/reboot.

I just went into usb mode and moved my movies from one folder to a new one, ejected the TP and then rebooted. When it finished rebooting I checked and my movies show in the video app and the music app says I have 5042 songs. Audiophile now shows the proper screen, however the scroll for the Checking indexer moved a short distance and seems to be frozen at "ayer is Rocking, C".
    i'm having the same problem. It goes into an endless loop at the title screen.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.