Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #241  
    Probably not.

If you are getting the temp file that means it is making it through the crawl and failing on the meta data building. Working on that now..
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Yeah, the market is having some issue, and the preware thing is also a known issue. Palm is working on a fix to the market problem.

The ipk is always in the thread header, so you can use that if need be.
    I tried going that route using InternalzPro to install it and the download/install gets stuck with that spinning circle. It spun for nearly 20 minutes till I swiped Internalz closed. Guess I'll just wait till it's available for installation another way.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.
  3.    #243  
    Prefab:

I built this ipk just for you. It sounds like the indexer is failing on a specific file for some reason. This ipk will keep a running tally of each file it visits and that file's metadata. Basically, whatever the last entry is, then it is the file after that which is causing the problems.

Just delete wamp.index and ~wamp.tmp and run this ipk. Then check ~wamp.tmp and let me know what it lists and what song it ends on, and what the song after that is.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/debu..._0.1.6_all.ipk
  4.    #244  
    toaste:

Every now and again, I accidentally upload a version of the ipk with the windows executable in it, which can stall the process because the file is too large. You may have grabbed it during one of those periods. I would recommend you try the latest release.
    How do you make a playlist with the app?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I tried to delete and reload the program. Now it does not work and Lumberjack logs this

[2011-06-08 06:02:38] (Audiophile) Uncaught Error: Could not init result parse. Lib out of date?, file:///media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.epikmayo.audiophile/wamp/wAMP.jsjsjs:$1545$
    toaste:

Every now and again, I accidentally upload a version of the ipk with the windows executable in it, which can stall the process because the file is too large. You may have grabbed it during one of those periods. I would recommend you try the latest release.
    Downloaded the new version and got the same result via installation via InternalzPro. Rebooted the phone and then the install went through. Thanks for the help!
    Ok loaded the one you gave me the link for. Deleted the wamp files. Ran again. Got the same timout screen. Temp had maybe 2 songs in it. Last time it had hundreds. Could the mp3's i have be screwing it up? Maybe I should empty the music folder and try to install then load some songs.
    Global Posts
    812 Global Posts
    Hi,

Been trying out various music player apps, having recently got a Pre 2. I had a few thoughts if feedback is OK?

1. Love the fact you can adjust bass, treble and finely adjust volume. Hands down it's the best music player available on the basis of the sound you can get out of it. Kudos for that.
    2. Would love lockscreen quick controls.
    3. Not very keen on the UI. Sorry, but it's messy - the musical note backgrounds, the spinning record player, the murky light grey on dark grey look. If there were a "clean" version with the same core functionality but with just simple white on black text or similar (something Metro UI-esque) I think it would be tremendously more useable and appealing. I'd hands down pay for it.

Keep up the good work!
  10.    #250  
    Prefab: I directed special output to the temp file just for your build. You say there are only two files listed? Are the files relatively high up in the dir structure or towards the bottom? Also, are they located one right after the other in your directory structure? I am trying to figure out if it is just hitting a bad mp3 and crashing on it for some reason, or if there is a problem in how I build the node tree? If they are ordered, then it means it is crashing when it tries to get the metadata for the last song, or the song after it.

Pronk: Thanks for the feedback. Lock screen controls are on the radar, but there is still so much to work on, and the TouchPad version is the priority at the moment. As for the ui, we also like a sparse interface, but the core tenant is the retro design. We have been moving away from the notes, so that may change, and we have been working on more contrast for the buttons, but the record player will stay no matter what. Also, this version of Audiophile is, and always will be free. It's my way of giving something back to the open source community. For the Pad, we will be coming out with a Pro version with additional functionality, and will probably release a donate version on this player once I am fully happy with it.

Mamouton: Play list support is something we are working on for TouchPad first. It is a base feature and will make it back to the phone probably in about a month or two.

Johncc: The plug in that decodes the music is crashing. Did you delete the wamp.index file on your USB card?
    Last edited by nyuepik; 06/08/2011 at 08:07 AM.

Johncc: The plug in that decodes the music is crashing. Did you delete the wamp.index file on your USB card?
    I did. (both) Before I deleted the program, I was getting a larger error screen (referring to the plugin) and with a blue restart button.
  12.    #252  
    Did it ever work for you? Is the wamp.index file size 0k?
  13.    #253  
    I think I am going to have the app use the built in indexer if the built in indexer fails. What do people think about that? It means that the failed indexer won't detect FLAC or wma or ogg, but it will at least fill in some of the gaps.
    Did it ever work for you? Is the wamp.index file size 0k?
    Yes it did work previously. wamp.index is not 0k and seems okay. Starts with
    *version 01
    file reference
    5 more lines

repeated and ends with
    *end

The white horizontal band does not animate on startup as I have seen it do.
    Song details are filled in.
    Turntable turns
    time details NaN:NaN|4:19
    no sound
    Menus accessible
    Speaker icon selects slider but does not subsequently deselect.
    On the volume. we need to move it up like 30px's.
    it to low and makes it hard to tap to close.

Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Yes it did work previously. wamp.index is not 0k and seems okay. Starts with
    *version 01
    file reference
    5 more lines

repeated and ends with
    *end

The white horizontal band does not animate on startup as I have seen it do.
    Song details are filled in.
    Turntable turns
    time details NaN:NaN|4:19
    no sound
    Menus accessible
    Speaker icon selects slider but does not subsequently deselect.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

ON the NaN. restart app and see if it will play for you.
    Some times on start up it will crash and all you should need to do is restart Audiophile.
    Last edited by warlord9159; 06/08/2011 at 10:17 AM.
    PayPal Make a donation and/or hit the Thanks button please
    My home page. >>>>>CMCS<<<<

17.    #257  
    John:

Have you done a battery pull? There is a bug in the WebOS 2.1 OS of some kind with the jailer that prevents the app from running sometimes after an install. It's random, and the only way I have found to get it to work is to uninstall the app, do a battery pull, and then reinstall.
    John:

Have you done a battery pull? There is a bug in the WebOS 2.1 OS of some kind with the jailer that prevents the app from running sometimes after an install. It's random, and the only way I have found to get it to work is to uninstall the app, do a battery pull, and then reinstall.
    Okay. Did that. No go. Don't worry about it. I will try a later version sometime.
    Prefab: I directed special output to the temp file just for your build. You say there are only two files listed? Are the files relatively high up in the dir structure or towards the bottom? Also, are they located one right after the other in your directory structure? I am trying to figure out if it is just hitting a bad mp3 and crashing on it for some reason, or if there is a problem in how I build the node tree? If they are ordered, then it means it is crashing when it tries to get the metadata for the last song, or the song after it.

Pronk: Thanks for the feedback. Lock screen controls are on the radar, but there is still so much to work on, and the TouchPad version is the priority at the moment. As for the ui, we also like a sparse interface, but the core tenant is the retro design. We have been moving away from the notes, so that may change, and we have been working on more contrast for the buttons, but the record player will stay no matter what. Also, this version of Audiophile is, and always will be free. It's my way of giving something back to the open source community. For the Pad, we will be coming out with a Pro version with additional functionality, and will probably release a donate version on this player once I am fully happy with it.

Mamouton: Play list support is something we are working on for TouchPad first. It is a base feature and will make it back to the phone probably in about a month or two.

The files in the wamp temp file seem to be randomly picked from the music directory. In my music directory there are a number of sub directories that contain .mp3s.

temp looks like *version 01
    #1285885270 7938023 /media/internal/Music/Jai Uttal And The Pagan Love Orchestra/Shiva Station/Calling You.mp3
    Calling You.mp3
    Shiva Station
    Jai Uttal And The Pagan Love Orchestra
    misc
    Calling You
    #1285885746 14952597 /media/internal/Music/Various Artists/The Most Wonderful Time of the Year [Laserlight Box Set] (3 of 3)/God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman.mp3
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman.mp3
    The Most Wonderful Time of the Year [Laserlight Box Set] (3 of 3)
    Joe Pass
    Easy Listening
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
    #1285887054 19238571 /media/internal/Music/Various/Godzilla/Puff Daddy Come With Me (feat Jimmy Page).mp3
    Puff Daddy Come With Me (feat Jimmy Page).mp3
    Godzilla
    Various
    jazz
    Puff Daddy Come With Me (feat Jimmy Page)
    #1285885052 20416491 /media/internal/Music/Andres Segovia/The Segovia Collection (Vol 1) The Legendary Andres Segovia in an All-Bach Program/BACH 3 Pieces for Lute Gigue.mp3
    BACH 3 Pieces for Lute Gigue.mp3
    The Segovia Collection (Vol 1) The Legendary Andres Segovia in an All-Bach Program
    Andres Segovia
    classical
    BACH 3 Pieces for Lute Gigue

At this point the animation does not start. I had installed the media sync app the other day. I wonder if that might interfere?

I did the battery pull and reinstall route and after that the dialog changed to Audiophile will run in safe mode because the indexer had problems...... so I continued and the app started and I was able to load a song but there was no output. Tried to use the rescan in settings but nothing happened. Closed app and restarted and was back to the crashed indexer dialog.

The indexer seems to randomly order the items in the temp file

Here it is *version 01
    #1285885270 7938023 /media/internal/Music/Jai Uttal And The Pagan Love Orchestra/Shiva Station/Calling You.mp3
    Calling You.mp3
    Shiva Station
    Jai Uttal And The Pagan Love Orchestra
    misc
    Calling You
    #1285885746 14952597 /media/internal/Music/Various Artists/The Most Wonderful Time of the Year [Laserlight Box Set] (3 of 3)/God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman.mp3
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman.mp3
    The Most Wonderful Time of the Year [Laserlight Box Set] (3 of 3)
    Joe Pass
    Easy Listening
    God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman
    #1285887054 19238571 /media/internal/Music/Various/Godzilla/Puff Daddy Come With Me (feat Jimmy Page).mp3
    Puff Daddy Come With Me (feat Jimmy Page).mp3
    Godzilla
    Various
    jazz
    Puff Daddy Come With Me (feat Jimmy Page)
    #1285885052 20416491 /media/internal/Music/Andres Segovia/The Segovia Collection (Vol 1) The Legendary Andres Segovia in an All-Bach Program/BACH 3 Pieces for Lute Gigue.mp3
    BACH 3 Pieces for Lute Gigue.mp3
    The Segovia Collection (Vol 1) The Legendary Andres Segovia in an All-Bach Program
    Andres Segovia
    classical
    BACH 3 Pieces for Lute Gigue
    #1285885336 22352431 /media/internal/Music/Various Orchestral/Eine Kleine Nachtmusik/Cassatio ex G, including the Toy Symphony - VI Menuetto.mp3
    Cassatio ex G, including the Toy Symphony - VI Menuetto.mp3
    Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
    Various Orchestral
    classical
    Cassatio ex G, including the Toy Symphony - VI Menuetto
    #1285886420 23842752 /media/internal/Music/The Sex Pistols/Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols/Liar.mp3
    Liar.mp3
    Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols
    The Sex Pistols
    rock
    Liar
    #1285888306 27279108 /media/internal/Music/David Bromberg/How Late'll Ya Play 'Til Vol 2 - Studio/Young Westley.mp3
    Young Westley.mp3
    How Late'll Ya Play 'Til Vol 2 - Studio
    David Bromberg
    blues
    Young Westley
    #1285888302 33650283 /media/internal/Music/Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band/uller)/You Know You're a Man.mp3
    You Know You're a Man.mp3
    uller)
    Captain Beefheart and The Magic Band
    rock
    You Know You're a Man
    #1285887822 44936094 /media/internal/Music/Various Artists/Rock of the 80's Volume 2/The Metro.mp3
    The Metro.mp3
    Rock of the 80's Volume 2
    Berlin
    Other
    The Metro
    #1285887818 48476852 /media/internal/Music/Various/Left Of The Dial- Dispatches From The '80s Underground (Disc 3)/The Mercy Seat.mp3
    The Mercy Seat.mp3
    Left Of The Dial: Dispatches From The '80s Underground (Disc 3)
    Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
    Rock
    The Mercy Seat
    #1285887756 54780707 /media/internal/Music/Yes/Classic Yes/The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus).mp3
    The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus).mp3
    Classic Yes
    Yes
    jazz
    The Fish (Schindleria Praematurus)
    #1285884804 84103759 /media/internal/Music/Blondie/Parallel Lines/11-59.mp3
    11-59.mp3
    Parallel Lines
    Blondie
    New Wave
    11:59
    #1285887268 84134868 /media/internal/Music/The Sex Pistols/Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols/Seventeen.mp3
    Seventeen.mp3
    Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Sex Pistols
    The Sex Pistols
    rock
    Seventeen
    #1285885266 88804775 /media/internal/Music/Wall of Voodoo/Call of the West/Call of the West.mp3
    Call of the West.mp3
    Call of the West
    Wall of Voodoo
    Alternative
    Call of the West
    #1285885588 89174863 /media/internal/Music/Queensrÿche/Operation Livecrime/Electric Requiem.mp3
    Electric Requiem.mp3
    Operation Livecrime
    Queensrÿche
    rock
    Electric Requiem
    #1285887360 98475937 /media/internal/Music/Frank Zappa/Ahead Of Their Time/Sleeping In A Jar.mp3
    Sleeping In A Jar.mp3
    Ahead Of Their Time
    Frank Zappa
    rock
    Sleeping In A Jar
    #1285886068 117915560 /media/internal/Music/Vanilla Ice/To The Extreme/Ice Ice Baby.mp3
    Ice Ice Baby.mp3
    To The Extreme
    Vanilla Ice
    rock
    Ice Ice Baby
    #1285886240 119141528 /media/internal/Music/Peter Tosh/Peter Tosh/Jimmy Cliff_The Harder They Come.mp3
    Jimmy Cliff_The Harder They Come.mp3
    Peter Tosh
    Peter Tosh
    genre
    Jimmy Cliff_The Harder They Come
    #1285885114 122034356 /media/internal/Music/T-Rex/School of Rock/Ballrooms of Mars.mp3
    Ballrooms of Mars.mp3
    School of Rock
    T-Rex
    Soundtrack
    Ballrooms of Mars
    #1285885816 124486638 /media/internal/Music/Various/Telarc Sampler Vol 4/Gustav Mahler Symphony No 1; Mov 2 (excerpt).mp3
    Gustav Mahler Symphony No 1; Mov 2 (excerpt).mp3
    Telarc Sampler Vol 4
    Various
    classical
    Gustav Mahler Symphony No 1; Mov 2 (excerpt)
    #1285887598 128839368 /media/internal/Music/The Eagles/Their Greatest Hits (1971 - 1975)/Take It To The Limit.mp3
    Take It To The Limit.mp3
    Their Greatest Hits (1971 - 1975)
    The Eagles
    rock
    Take It To The Limit
    #1285884960 132193374 /media/internal/Music/Queensrÿche/Operation Livecrime/Anarchy-X.mp3
    Anarchy-X.mp3
    Operation Livecrime
    Queensrÿche
    rock
    Anarchy-X
    #1285886922 136831778 /media/internal/Music/Frank Zappa/Hot Rats/Peaches En Regalia.mp3
    Peaches En Regalia.mp3
    Hot Rats
    Frank Zappa
    rock
    Peaches En Regalia
    #1285888072 145248483 /media/internal/Music/Don McLean/Unknown/Vincent.mp3
    Vincent.mp3

Don Mclean
    Classic Rock
    Vincent
    #1285885576 173844675 /media/internal/Music/Grateful Dead/The Warlocks Demo/Early Morning Rain.mp3
    Early Morning Rain.mp3
    The Warlocks Demo
    The Grateful Dead
    Psychedelic Rock
    Early Morning Rain
    #1285886462 174261586 /media/internal/Music/The Rolling Stones/Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!/Little Queenie.mp3
    Little Queenie.mp3
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!
    The Rolling Stones
    rock
    Little Queenie
    #1285885458 177317735 /media/internal/Music/Various/Godzilla/David Arnold Looking for Clues.mp3
    David Arnold Looking for Clues.mp3
    Godzilla
    Various
    jazz
    David Arnold Looking for Clues
    #1285886162 179192429 /media/internal/Music/Frank Zappa/Hot Rats/It Must Be A Camel.mp3
    It Must Be A Camel.mp3
    Hot Rats
    Frank Zappa
    rock
    It Must Be A Camel
    #1285884802 192149152 /media/internal/Music/Copy of 05/Blue Hawaiian Moonlight/05 - Blue Hawaiian Moonlight - Volume 1 - Featuring Ry Cooder - Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band.mp3
    05 - Blue Hawaiian Moonlight - Volume 1 - Featuring Ry Cooder - Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band.mp3

Other
    05 - Blue Hawaiian Moonlight - Volume 1 - Featuring Ry Cooder - Gabby Pahinui Hawaiian Band
    #1285885528 195028627 /media/internal/Music/Jimi Hendrix/Experience Hendrix- The Best of Jimi Hendrix/Dolly Dagger.mp3
    Dolly Dagger.mp3
    Experience Hendrix: The Best of Jimi Hendrix
    Jimi Hendrix
    Rock
    Dolly Dagger
    #1285885628 205280708 /media/internal/Music/Queensrÿche/Operation Livecrime/Eyes of A Stranger.mp3
    Eyes of A Stranger.mp3
    Operation Livecrime
    Queensrÿche
    rock
    Eyes of A Stranger
    #1285885400 207310363 /media/internal/Music/Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble/Live at Carnegie Hall/COD.mp3
    COD.mp3
    Live at Carnegie Hall
    Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
    jazz
    COD
    #1285886582 224104932 /media/internal/Music/Kraftwerk/Ultra Rare Trax/Man Machine (Space Mix).mp3
    Man Machine (Space Mix).mp3
    Ultra Rare Trax
    Kraftwerk
    Electronic
    Man Machine (Space Mix)
    #1285886466 231083124 /media/internal/Music/Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy/Blue Eyed Blues/Little red rooster.mp3
    Little red rooster.mp3
    Blue Eyed Blues
    Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Jimmy
    R&B
    Little red rooster
    #1285885186 239044604 /media/internal/Music/Peter Gabriel/So/Big Time.mp3
    Big Time.mp3
    So
    Peter Gabriel
    rock
    Big Time
    #1285888180 247337187 /media/internal/Music/Various/Left Of The Dial- Dispatches From The '80s Underground (Disc 2)/When Love Breaks Down.mp3
    When Love Breaks Down.mp3
    Left Of The Dial: Dispatches From The '80s Underground (Disc 2)
    Prefab Sprout
    Rock
    When Love Breaks Down
    #1285885690 250310325 /media/internal/Music/The Beach Boys/The Beach Boys 20 Good Vibrations - The Greatest Hits/Fun, Fun, Fun.mp3
    Fun, Fun, Fun.mp3
    The Beach Boys 20 Good Vibrations - The Greatest Hits
    The Beach Boys
    rock
    Fun, Fun, Fun
    #1285887972 265804420 /media/internal/Music/joy division/Unknown/Transmission.mp3
    Transmission.mp3

Joy Division
    Other
    Transmission
    #1285885868 269938077 /media/internal/Music/Jimi Hendrix/Blues/Hear My Train a Comin' [Acoustic].mp3
    Hear My Train a Comin' [Acoustic].mp3
    Blues
    Jimi Hendrix
    Other
    Hear My Train a Comin' [Acoustic]