Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #221  
    Not sure, I know there are some strange things going on with the market.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Not sure, I know there are some strange things going on with the market.
    I think this may be a shortcoming with Preware. I've posted over there and will report what rwhitby says.
    nyuepik: did you increase the volume gain in the .15 release? just wondering, i was listening to music over the phone speaker earlier and it sounded like it was clipping. May have been my imagination, since the phone speaker isn't great.
  4.    #224  
    I did increase it. The optimal volume is half-way down. I know people wanted the option to go higher, so it increases exponentially above half-way. If it doesn't work then I will lower it. Just updated the developer build and the link, and posting to market with the final .15 version. It is the most stable yet (note that some of the early .15 builds had some stability issues that have been cleared up with this one). Still not perfect, but much closer to stock than any previous version.
    Great fix!
    downloading the updated version now. thanks for your hard work.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I had a notice in Preware that there was an update for Audiophile, after the HP Catalog launched I got a message that my device type (VZW Pre+ webOS 2.1.0) was not supported. "This application is not available for your model."
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Palm III -> Palm V -> Viewsonic Pocket PC V36 -> Treo 650 -> Samsung i760 ->
    Palm Pre Plus -> Palm Pre 2 > Samsung Galaxy Nexus & HP TouchPad

Android 4.1 - Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    CM9 Alpha 2 Official Nightly w/WebCM9 0.4 - HP TouchPad

Twitter: @noseph47
    use the software manager instead of preware / app catalog.
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcherian View Post
    use the software manager instead of preware / app catalog.
    Software Manager does not show an update, Preware shows that there is an update to 0.1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    Software Manager does not show an update, Preware shows that there is an update to 0.1.5.
    I got the same thing.
  11.    #231  
    Yeah, the market is having some issue, and the preware thing is also a known issue. Palm is working on a fix to the market problem.

The ipk is always in the thread header, so you can use that if need be.
    Also, i've found that the updata manager sometimes doesn't let me download something, but the next day it will work. Give it a day is my advice.
    Quote Originally Posted by noseph View Post
    weird. I updated about 10 hours back. m
    Global Posts
    775 Global Posts
    I just got a Software Manager notification and am downloading as I type.

I downloaded the ipk at the top of the forum. I installed using wosqi. I too get the continuous animation at the loading screen. I uninstalled audiophile and deleted the wamp file in the usb drive. there was no wamp2 file. I then reinstalled Audiophile. Still the animation only. I am running 2.1 on a vzw pre+. I have hundreds of songs so maybe thats the problem but it has run for about 20 minutes.
  16.    #236  
    EDIT: Or not, looks like the wrong version of one of the files made it into the release ipk. I will update the ipk with the new code tonight. Not sure if that will fix the index problem, but it will make sure that the indexer times-out if something goes wrong. Sorry about that.

Please still let me know whether a new wamp.index file gets created, and whether it has anything in it.

Prefab:

Did you use the most recent version of the ipk? That version is set to timeout if the indexer takes over a minute and lets you use just file view, so something strange is going on.

After you run the ipk, does a new wamp.index file get created? If it does, does it have text in it? Just open the file use notepad or whatever text editor you use. Let me know if it is blank, or if it lists some or all of your songs.
    Last edited by nyuepik; 06/07/2011 at 01:30 PM.
    I closed Audiophile and used the phone for most of the day. After coming home I opened Audiophile again. This time there was no animation and the a screen came up that said the indexer? had failed. It also said that i needed 2.1 and the program will not run on Pixi. Please Restart

The wamp index file was created again and it was 0KB and contained nothing.

I downloaded the 1.5 ipk at the header. That is the file I installed with wosqi. Is there a file I can send you to help?
  18.    #238  
    I really need to stop putting arbitrary limits on string size in my code.

Pre: Problem should be fixed with .16, which is now posted as the developer release. I left in one bit of debug code in case you still have a problem. I would delete your existing wamp.index file and restart the app. If the timeout appears, just let it sit for another two minutes, and restart the app. If it still doesn't load properly, then check if you have a file ~wamp.tmp. Please report back your results.

Thanks.
    I deleted the wamp index and installed the 1.6. I still got the timeout. I let it sit for a 5 minutes and restarted. Still got timeout. Now there is a wamp.temp file. The file appears to have all the audio titles in it. The index file is 0kb and empty

One odd thing. the time created on the wamp files is not accurate. I created them twent minutes ago but the description says 12.52AM
    Last edited by prefabricated; 06/07/2011 at 08:25 PM.
    Wondering if restarting the phone would help