Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1.    #201  
    It runs on start-up, but except for the first time it runs, it is basically transparent to the user. On the first run I build a giant hash of all the music files found along with their last edit time marker. This means that on start-up, I can scan for any differences in a single pass with no string compares. Key to it all is that my hash function, which has only one multiplication, the rest are bitwise ops or shifts, which are effectively free in ARM. There are a few other places I could optimize even further, but at this point, the bottle neck is parsing the JSON string that contains the data.

If I started using the DB8 database, I could cut that down further by just passing the hash rather than the full object entry for previously found songs, but I have had too many other things to work on.
  2.    #202  
    Dev build of the player now pauses music on headphone disconnect. Bluetooth support and the option to turn off pause on disconnect should be implemented and published to Market by Monday.
    Good evening,
    I installed the catalog version and it stays on the loading screen only. Any suggestions?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  4.    #204  
    First, just to confirm, you are running a phone with 2.1, and you are not running a Pixi, correct?

Second, there is a bug in WebOS that sometimes causes problems. I would uninstall the app, reboot, and reinstall the newest version.

If it is still causing problems after that, does the bar at the bottom start to animate?

Finally, check your USB card and let me know if there is a file in it called wamp.index.

Thanks,

Josh
    running the latest version from the app catalog (just updated today).

First off, i'm psyched for this app. It can't compete with MPR yet, but i'm hoping that will change.

Requests:
    - When playing an Album, it should sort the tracks in the playlist by track number, not alphabetically
    - Resume from last position, with playlist after app close
    - Album art somewhere

Also, i did experience a random bug with the volume control: i went to the "muted" icon (speaker with an x), and then i couldn't get it out of that... Can't figure out what i did though, so no real bug report.

thanks!

Update:
    One more request - Any way to increase the max volume in the app? it is lower than the application volume for the same system music volume, so i end up having to turn my car stereo waaaay up.
  6.    #206  
    Nick:

Aware of the Volume bug, should be fixed in the next version.

Album art through Last.fm is implemented, but I have yet to turn it on in the app because I keep forgetting to before I hit package. It will make it into the next release.

I will consider track number. Right now, I am trying to keep metadata reads to a minimum because of some strange behavior with how WebOS handles FFmpeg's file read for certain mp3 files. If I can ever get a feel for where the problem is coming from, I will add track number, until then, it will have to wait.

Last position and playlist saves would be relatively simple if I could ever find the time to figure out the whole DB8 system. It is on the list, so hopefully within the next few weeks.

Increasing total volume is a bit tricky. All the filtering I do changes the nature of the sound wave considerably. It is what makes it sound better than stock or MPR, but it also mutes the sound somewhat. As a result, I have to increase the gain to get it to the same volume as the stock player, but as you increase the gain, you risk overflowing the sample, which causes distortions. I am still playing around with the values, so I will try bumping up the max by another 25% and see how that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    First, just to confirm, you are running a phone with 2.1, and you are not running a Pixi, correct?

Second, there is a bug in WebOS that sometimes causes problems. I would uninstall the app, reboot, and reinstall the newest version.

If it is still causing problems after that, does the bar at the bottom start to animate?

Finally, check your USB card and let me know if there is a file in it called wamp.index.

Thanks,

Josh
    Yes running 2.10. There are two files wamp.index wamp.v2.index I get the loading animation at the bottom.

Lumberjack log
    [2011-06-04 01:23:48] (Audiophile) Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'screenOrientationChanged', :1
    [2011-06-04 01:30:37] (Audiophile) Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'screenOrientationChanged', :1
    [2011-06-04 01:31:38] (Audiophile) Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'screenOrientationChanged', :1
    [2011-06-04 01:34:11] (Audiophile) Uncaught TypeError: Object #<an Object> has no method 'screenOrientationChanged', :1
    Last edited by mamouton; 06/03/2011 at 07:30 PM.
  8.    #208  
    From your error log, the plug-in hasn't crashed. I would delete both the wamp.index and wamp.v2.index files. Make sure you have the latest update.

What might be happening is that it is trying to read an old database version and getting stuck and not reaching the call back. I am working on a fix for that case in the next release, but my guess is deleting those two files and the new version should fix the problem. If it doesn't, I will rush the update out to you by tomorrow night through the developer build.

Thanks for the feedback.
  9.    #209  
    Updating the latest developer build. It now supports bluetooth control, allows you to set the background to your phone's wallpaper, fixed the volume bug (I think), other bug fixes, the index should now timeout if it takes to long, allowing you to use Folder view (mamouton, that is for you), you can set the behavior for headphone disconnect and reconnect.

Also added album art, but I don't want to spoil that one. Just make sure you have an internet connection when you try it.

Please comment on the new changes.
    Any chance you'd consider using the testing feeds in Preware for developer builds? i'd gladly be a "beta" tester if it were that easy

Also, i'm confused about album art. I just want to view it for tracks that already have it. I dont' care much about downloading new art for songs that are missing it... Which is enabled in the new dev build? both?
    Quote Originally Posted by nyuepik View Post
    Updating the latest developer build. It now supports bluetooth control, allows you to set the background to your phone's wallpaper, fixed the volume bug (I think), other bug fixes, the index should now timeout if it takes to long, allowing you to use Folder view (mamouton, that is for you), you can set the behavior for headphone disconnect and reconnect.

Also added album art, but I don't want to spoil that one. Just make sure you have an internet connection when you try it.

Please comment on the new changes.
    Thanks! I deleted the two files and the music poppped up instantly. I haven't installed the latest build yet though. Just wanted to let you know the fix you recommended worked. I did notice another bug though. I accidently moved song forward trying to use volume slider and when I tried to move song back to a previous section a wait pop up came up and wouldn't go away. I went back to try to select a different song and I could navigate through the albums but couldn't select any songs it was stuck on the wait pop up. I have a log but it is huge. If you pm me your email address I can send it to you if you think it would be helpful.

12.    #212  
    Working on getting a testing feed out now.

It gets all the album art from Last.fm. It is just easier for me that way since I don't use the built in indexer and FFmpeg's routines for accessing album art are either not there, or I can't find them. The plan is to eventually cache the images to cut down on network pulls. Also, because of how the album art is shown, I only need icon size images.

My philosophy has always been to design this more as a luxury app, so I have been less concerned about things like battery and cutting down network traffic. Long term I plan to work on those things, and I am not opposed to anything that will cut down on those, but I generally take the path of least resistance when I can since there is just so much to work on.

If anyone feels like lending a hand with the db8 stuff, please let me know.
  13.    #213  
    mamouton:

Glad the fix worked. I made some stupid decisions early in the release cycle about the DB and they will probably be haunting me for another year or two :-/

As for the bug you mentioned, it was fixed last night. Now when the volume slider is up, the right half of the scrubber is disabled. Thought about disable the entire scrubber, but decided that the way I have it now is probably for the best. If people still experience problems, however, I will disable the scrubber entirely when vol is up.
    Ok I am installing now and will report back.

15.    #215  
    K, I think I properly set up a testing feed:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8094086/wampfeed

And in exchange for the 5 seconds it took me to do that, I expect more feedback :-)
    Just installed and I could replicate the wait bug if I clicked on the scrubber with volume slider up or down consistently. I have to exit out of app to be able to load up songs again. I have a log if that would help you. I like the changes you made cool to have my wallpaper as the background another nice aesthetic change would be to be able to change transparency.

Edit: I wonder if it is a Pre2 issue I notice when I start having that issue when I use just type to pull up app I have to use enter button to select the app I can't just touch icon but if I pull up launcher touchscreen functions can select app.

17.    #217  
    Mamouton:

Sent you a pm, if you could email me your log it would be a big help.
    Log sent

19.    #219  
    Updated the feeds with a new version of the plug-in. This one seems to be far more stable than the last one.
    I added that feed to preware, and preware says there is an update. But when i click "update" it opens the app cat, which doesn't know there is a dev build.

I'm going to use the direct .ipk link instead, which will work fine