Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 262
Like Tree5Likes
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    Cool! I'm excited. I just installed the 3.0 version. Now I can click! Except, I can't move the mouse
    Doh, maybe I missed something

    What app can you not move the mouse in?

    And can you post the dosbox.conf youre using?

    Looks like I did mess up, if youre not in opengl mode, I dont think mousemovement works. I suck.
  2. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #162  
    I'm trying to install Daggerfall The installer has a prompts you get through by clicking the answer you want. Too bad it starts the mouse hovering over the "No, I don't accept the license agreement."

    I'm using the dosbox.conf file distributed in the ipk. I just copied it to /media/internal/dosbox.conf, and added my autoexec lines so I don't have to use the virtual keyboard to type them all out. Here's my autoexec lines:
    Code:
    mount c /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall -freesize 1000
    mount d /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall/DFCD -t cdrom -label Daggerfall
    D:
    install
    exit
    --edit--
    Oh yea, the instructions for installing suggest updating the dosbox.conf file to have 'memsize=32', which I did also. I promise, I didn't do anything else to the config! (oh, except for stripping out all the annoying extra new-line characters that windows tosses in that vim represents with a ^M at the end of every line).... I promise!
    Last edited by Kaihmeyer; 10/12/2011 at 03:44 PM.
  3. #163  
    edit the dosbox.conf and change surface to opengl
    and rotatescreen to true

    see if that helps?
  4. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #164  
    You're right, copying my dosbox.conf is best:
    Code:
    # This is the configurationfile for DOSBox 0.74. (Please use the latest version of DOSBox)
    # Lines starting with a # are commentlines and are ignored by DOSBox.
    # They are used to (briefly) document the effect of each option.
    
    [sdl]
    #       fullscreen: Start dosbox directly in fullscreen. (Press ALT-Enter to go back)
    #       fulldouble: Use double buffering in fullscreen. It can reduce screen flickering, but it can also result in a slow DOSBox.
    #   fullresolution: What resolution to use for fullscreen: original or fixed size (e.g. 1024x768).
    #                     Using your monitor's native resolution with aspect=true might give the best results.
    #                     If you end up with small window on a large screen, try an output different from surface.
    # windowresolution: Scale the window to this size IF the output device supports hardware scaling.
    #                     (output=surface does not!)
    #     rotatescreen: Rotate screen -90 degree(counter-clockwise).)
    #           output: What video system to use for output.
    #                   Possible values: surface, overlay.
    #         autolock: Mouse will automatically lock, if you click on the screen. (Press CTRL-F10 to unlock)
    #      sensitivity: Mouse sensitivity.
    #      waitonerror: Wait before closing the console if dosbox has an error.
    #         priority: Priority levels for dosbox. Second entry behind the comma is for when dosbox is not focused/minimized.
    #                     pause is only valid for the second entry.
    #                   Possible values: lowest, lower, normal, higher, highest, pause.
    #       mapperfile: File used to load/save the key/event mappings from. Resetmapper only works with the defaul value.
    #     usescancodes: Avoid usage of symkeys, might not work on all operating systems.
    
    fullscreen=false
    fulldouble=true
    fullresolution=original
    windowresolution=original
    rotatescreen=true
    output=opengl
    autolock=true
    sensitivity=100
    waitonerror=true
    priority=higher,normal
    mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
    usescancodes=true
    
    [dosbox]
    # language: Select another language file.
    #  machine: The type of machine tries to emulate.
    #           Possible values: hercules, cga, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe.
    # captures: Directory where things like wave, midi, screenshot get captured.
    #  memsize: Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
    #             This value is best left at its default to avoid problems with some games,
    #             though few games might require a higher value.
    #             There is generally no speed advantage when raising this value.
    
    language=
    machine=svga_s3
    captures=capture
    memsize=32
    
    [render]
    # frameskip: How many frames DOSBox skips before drawing one.
    #    aspect: Do aspect correction, if your output method doesn't support scaling this can slow things down!.
    #    scaler: Scaler used to enlarge/enhance low resolution modes.
    #              If 'forced' is appended, then the scaler will be used even if the result might not be desired.
    #            Possible values: none, normal2x, normal3x.
    
    frameskip=0
    aspect=false
    scaler=normal2x
    
    [cpu]
    #      core: CPU Core used in emulation. auto will switch to dynamic if available and appropriate.
    #            Possible values: auto, normal, simple.
    #   cputype: CPU Type used in emulation. auto is the fastest choice.
    #            Possible values: auto, 386, 386_slow, 486_slow, pentium_slow, 386_prefetch.
    #    cycles: Amount of instructions DOSBox tries to emulate each millisecond.
    #            Setting this value too high results in sound dropouts and lags.
    #            Cycles can be set in 3 ways:
    #              'auto'          tries to guess what a game needs.
    #                              It usually works, but can fail for certain games.
    #              'fixed #number' will set a fixed amount of cycles. This is what you usually need if 'auto' fails.
    #                              (Example: fixed 4000).
    #              'max'           will allocate as much cycles as your computer is able to handle.
    #            
    #            Possible values: auto, fixed, max.
    #   cycleup: Amount of cycles to decrease/increase with keycombo.(CTRL-F11/CTRL-F12)
    # cycledown: Setting it lower than 100 will be a percentage.
    
    core=auto
    cputype=auto
    cycles=auto
    cycleup=10
    cycledown=20
    
    [mixer]
    #   nosound: Enable silent mode, sound is still emulated though.
    #      rate: Mixer sample rate, setting any device's rate higher than this will probably lower their sound quality.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    # blocksize: Mixer block size, larger blocks might help sound stuttering but sound will also be more lagged.
    #            Possible values: 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 512, 256.
    # prebuffer: How many milliseconds of data to keep on top of the blocksize.
    
    nosound=false
    rate=22050
    blocksize=1024
    prebuffer=20
    
    [midi]
    #     mpu401: Type of MPU-401 to emulate.
    #             Possible values: intelligent, uart, none.
    # mididevice: Device that will receive the MIDI data from MPU-401.
    # sbmixer: Allow the soundblaster mixer to modify the DOSBox mixer.
    # oplmode: Type of OPL emulation. On 'auto' the mode is determined by sblaster type. All OPL modes are Adlib-compatible, except for 'cms'.
    #          Possible values: auto, cms, opl2, dualopl2, opl3, none.
    #  oplemu: Provider for the OPL emulation. compat might provide better quality (see oplrate as well).
    #          Possible values: default, compat, fast.
    # oplrate: Sample rate of OPL music emulation. Use 49716 for highest quality (set the mixer rate accordingly).
    #          Possible values: 44100, 49716, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000.
    
    sbtype=sb16
    sbbase=220
    irq=7
    dma=1
    hdma=5
    sbmixer=true
    oplmode=auto
    oplemu=default
    oplrate=44100
    
    [gus]
    #      gus: Enable the Gravis Ultrasound emulation.
    #  gusrate: Sample rate of Ultrasound emulation.
    #           Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #  gusbase: The IO base address of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 240, 220, 260, 280, 2a0, 2c0, 2e0, 300.
    #   gusirq: The IRQ number of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 5, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12.
    #   gusdma: The DMA channel of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 3, 0, 1, 5, 6, 7.
    # ultradir: Path to Ultrasound directory. In this directory
    #           there should be a MIDI directory that contains
    #           the patch files for GUS playback. Patch sets used
    #           with Timidity should work fine.
    
    gus=false
    gusrate=44100
    gusbase=240
    gusirq=5
    gusdma=3
    ultradir=C:\ULTRASND
    
    [speaker]
    # pcspeaker: Enable PC-Speaker emulation.
    #    pcrate: Sample rate of the PC-Speaker sound generation.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #     tandy: Enable Tandy Sound System emulation. For 'auto', emulation is present only if machine is set to 'tandy'.
    #            Possible values: auto, on, off.
    # tandyrate: Sample rate of the Tandy 3-Voice generation.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #    disney: Enable Disney Sound Source emulation. (Covox Voice Master and Speech Thing compatible).
    
    pcspeaker=true
    pcrate=44100
    tandy=auto
    tandyrate=44100
    disney=true
    
    [joystick]
    # joysticktype: Type of joystick to emulate: auto (default), none,
    #               2axis (supports two joysticks),
    #               4axis (supports one joystick, first joystick used),
    #               4axis_2 (supports one joystick, second joystick used),
    #               fcs (Thrustmaster), ch (CH Flightstick).
    #               none disables joystick emulation.
    #               auto chooses emulation depending on real joystick(s).
    #               (Remember to reset dosbox's mapperfile if you saved it earlier)
    #               Possible values: auto, 2axis, 4axis, 4axis_2, fcs, ch, none.
    #        timed: enable timed intervals for axis. Experiment with this option, if your joystick drifts (away).
    #     autofire: continuously fires as long as you keep the button pressed.
    #       swap34: swap the 3rd and the 4th axis. can be useful for certain joysticks.
    #   buttonwrap: enable button wrapping at the number of emulated buttons.
    
    joysticktype=auto
    timed=true
    autofire=false
    swap34=false
    buttonwrap=false
    
    [serial]
    # serial1: set type of device connected to com port.
    #          Can be disabled, dummy, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    #          Additional parameters must be in the same line in the form of
    #          parameter:value. Parameter for all types is irq (optional).
    #          for directserial: realport (required), rxdelay (optional).
    #                           (realport:COM1 realport:ttyS0).
    #          for modem: listenport (optional).
    #          for nullmodem: server, rxdelay, txdelay, telnet, usedtr,
    #                         transparent, port, inhsocket (all optional).
    #          Example: serial1=modem listenport:5000
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial2: see serial1
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial3: see serial1
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial4: see serial1
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    
    serial1=dummy
    serial2=dummy
    serial3=disabled
    serial4=disabled
    
    [dos]
    #            xms: Enable XMS support.
    #            ems: Enable EMS support.
    #            umb: Enable UMB support.
    # keyboardlayout: Language code of the keyboard layout (or none).
    
    xms=true
    ems=true
    umb=true
    keyboardlayout=auto
    
    [autoexec]
    # Lines in this section will be run at startup.
    # You can put your MOUNT lines here.
    
    mount c /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall -freesize 1000
    mount d /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall/DFCD -t cdrom -label Daggerfall
    D:
    install
    exit
    #C:
    #cd \dagger
    #dagger
    #exit
  5. #165  
    Must be game-specific, civilization runs perfectly fine with your config - mouse clicks are precisely where I make em. I'll see if I find any other old CDs in the attic.
  6. #166  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    You're right, copying my dosbox.conf is best:
    Code:
    # This is the configurationfile for DOSBox 0.74. (Please use the latest version of DOSBox)
    # Lines starting with a # are commentlines and are ignored by DOSBox.
    # They are used to (briefly) document the effect of each option.
    
    [sdl]
    #       fullscreen: Start dosbox directly in fullscreen. (Press ALT-Enter to go back)
    #       fulldouble: Use double buffering in fullscreen. It can reduce screen flickering, but it can also result in a slow DOSBox.
    #   fullresolution: What resolution to use for fullscreen: original or fixed size (e.g. 1024x768).
    #                     Using your monitor's native resolution with aspect=true might give the best results.
    #                     If you end up with small window on a large screen, try an output different from surface.
    # windowresolution: Scale the window to this size IF the output device supports hardware scaling.
    #                     (output=surface does not!)
    #     rotatescreen: Rotate screen -90 degree(counter-clockwise).)
    #           output: What video system to use for output.
    #                   Possible values: surface, overlay.
    #         autolock: Mouse will automatically lock, if you click on the screen. (Press CTRL-F10 to unlock)
    #      sensitivity: Mouse sensitivity.
    #      waitonerror: Wait before closing the console if dosbox has an error.
    #         priority: Priority levels for dosbox. Second entry behind the comma is for when dosbox is not focused/minimized.
    #                     pause is only valid for the second entry.
    #                   Possible values: lowest, lower, normal, higher, highest, pause.
    #       mapperfile: File used to load/save the key/event mappings from. Resetmapper only works with the defaul value.
    #     usescancodes: Avoid usage of symkeys, might not work on all operating systems.
    
    fullscreen=false
    fulldouble=true
    fullresolution=original
    windowresolution=original
    rotatescreen=true
    output=opengl
    autolock=true
    sensitivity=100
    waitonerror=true
    priority=higher,normal
    mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map
    usescancodes=true
    
    [dosbox]
    # language: Select another language file.
    #  machine: The type of machine tries to emulate.
    #           Possible values: hercules, cga, tandy, pcjr, ega, vgaonly, svga_s3, svga_et3000, svga_et4000, svga_paradise, vesa_nolfb, vesa_oldvbe.
    # captures: Directory where things like wave, midi, screenshot get captured.
    #  memsize: Amount of memory DOSBox has in megabytes.
    #             This value is best left at its default to avoid problems with some games,
    #             though few games might require a higher value.
    #             There is generally no speed advantage when raising this value.
    
    language=
    machine=svga_s3
    captures=capture
    memsize=32
    
    [render]
    # frameskip: How many frames DOSBox skips before drawing one.
    #    aspect: Do aspect correction, if your output method doesn't support scaling this can slow things down!.
    #    scaler: Scaler used to enlarge/enhance low resolution modes.
    #              If 'forced' is appended, then the scaler will be used even if the result might not be desired.
    #            Possible values: none, normal2x, normal3x.
    
    frameskip=0
    aspect=false
    scaler=normal2x
    
    [cpu]
    #      core: CPU Core used in emulation. auto will switch to dynamic if available and appropriate.
    #            Possible values: auto, normal, simple.
    #   cputype: CPU Type used in emulation. auto is the fastest choice.
    #            Possible values: auto, 386, 386_slow, 486_slow, pentium_slow, 386_prefetch.
    #    cycles: Amount of instructions DOSBox tries to emulate each millisecond.
    #            Setting this value too high results in sound dropouts and lags.
    #            Cycles can be set in 3 ways:
    #              'auto'          tries to guess what a game needs.
    #                              It usually works, but can fail for certain games.
    #              'fixed #number' will set a fixed amount of cycles. This is what you usually need if 'auto' fails.
    #                              (Example: fixed 4000).
    #              'max'           will allocate as much cycles as your computer is able to handle.
    #            
    #            Possible values: auto, fixed, max.
    #   cycleup: Amount of cycles to decrease/increase with keycombo.(CTRL-F11/CTRL-F12)
    # cycledown: Setting it lower than 100 will be a percentage.
    
    core=auto
    cputype=auto
    cycles=auto
    cycleup=10
    cycledown=20
    
    [mixer]
    #   nosound: Enable silent mode, sound is still emulated though.
    #      rate: Mixer sample rate, setting any device's rate higher than this will probably lower their sound quality.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    # blocksize: Mixer block size, larger blocks might help sound stuttering but sound will also be more lagged.
    #            Possible values: 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192, 512, 256.
    # prebuffer: How many milliseconds of data to keep on top of the blocksize.
    
    nosound=false
    rate=22050
    blocksize=1024
    prebuffer=20
    
    [midi]
    #     mpu401: Type of MPU-401 to emulate.
    #             Possible values: intelligent, uart, none.
    # mididevice: Device that will receive the MIDI data from MPU-401.
    # sbmixer: Allow the soundblaster mixer to modify the DOSBox mixer.
    # oplmode: Type of OPL emulation. On 'auto' the mode is determined by sblaster type. All OPL modes are Adlib-compatible, except for 'cms'.
    #          Possible values: auto, cms, opl2, dualopl2, opl3, none.
    #  oplemu: Provider for the OPL emulation. compat might provide better quality (see oplrate as well).
    #          Possible values: default, compat, fast.
    # oplrate: Sample rate of OPL music emulation. Use 49716 for highest quality (set the mixer rate accordingly).
    #          Possible values: 44100, 49716, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000.
    
    sbtype=sb16
    sbbase=220
    irq=7
    dma=1
    hdma=5
    sbmixer=true
    oplmode=auto
    oplemu=default
    oplrate=44100
    
    [gus]
    #      gus: Enable the Gravis Ultrasound emulation.
    #  gusrate: Sample rate of Ultrasound emulation.
    #           Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #  gusbase: The IO base address of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 240, 220, 260, 280, 2a0, 2c0, 2e0, 300.
    #   gusirq: The IRQ number of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 5, 3, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12.
    #   gusdma: The DMA channel of the Gravis Ultrasound.
    #           Possible values: 3, 0, 1, 5, 6, 7.
    # ultradir: Path to Ultrasound directory. In this directory
    #           there should be a MIDI directory that contains
    #           the patch files for GUS playback. Patch sets used
    #           with Timidity should work fine.
    
    gus=false
    gusrate=44100
    gusbase=240
    gusirq=5
    gusdma=3
    ultradir=C:\ULTRASND
    
    [speaker]
    # pcspeaker: Enable PC-Speaker emulation.
    #    pcrate: Sample rate of the PC-Speaker sound generation.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #     tandy: Enable Tandy Sound System emulation. For 'auto', emulation is present only if machine is set to 'tandy'.
    #            Possible values: auto, on, off.
    # tandyrate: Sample rate of the Tandy 3-Voice generation.
    #            Possible values: 44100, 48000, 32000, 22050, 16000, 11025, 8000, 49716.
    #    disney: Enable Disney Sound Source emulation. (Covox Voice Master and Speech Thing compatible).
    
    pcspeaker=true
    pcrate=44100
    tandy=auto
    tandyrate=44100
    disney=true
    
    [joystick]
    # joysticktype: Type of joystick to emulate: auto (default), none,
    #               2axis (supports two joysticks),
    #               4axis (supports one joystick, first joystick used),
    #               4axis_2 (supports one joystick, second joystick used),
    #               fcs (Thrustmaster), ch (CH Flightstick).
    #               none disables joystick emulation.
    #               auto chooses emulation depending on real joystick(s).
    #               (Remember to reset dosbox's mapperfile if you saved it earlier)
    #               Possible values: auto, 2axis, 4axis, 4axis_2, fcs, ch, none.
    #        timed: enable timed intervals for axis. Experiment with this option, if your joystick drifts (away).
    #     autofire: continuously fires as long as you keep the button pressed.
    #       swap34: swap the 3rd and the 4th axis. can be useful for certain joysticks.
    #   buttonwrap: enable button wrapping at the number of emulated buttons.
    
    joysticktype=auto
    timed=true
    autofire=false
    swap34=false
    buttonwrap=false
    
    [serial]
    # serial1: set type of device connected to com port.
    #          Can be disabled, dummy, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    #          Additional parameters must be in the same line in the form of
    #          parameter:value. Parameter for all types is irq (optional).
    #          for directserial: realport (required), rxdelay (optional).
    #                           (realport:COM1 realport:ttyS0).
    #          for modem: listenport (optional).
    #          for nullmodem: server, rxdelay, txdelay, telnet, usedtr,
    #                         transparent, port, inhsocket (all optional).
    #          Example: serial1=modem listenport:5000
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial2: see serial1
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial3: see serial1
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    # serial4: see serial1
    #          Possible values: dummy, disabled, modem, nullmodem, directserial.
    
    serial1=dummy
    serial2=dummy
    serial3=disabled
    serial4=disabled
    
    [dos]
    #            xms: Enable XMS support.
    #            ems: Enable EMS support.
    #            umb: Enable UMB support.
    # keyboardlayout: Language code of the keyboard layout (or none).
    
    xms=true
    ems=true
    umb=true
    keyboardlayout=auto
    
    [autoexec]
    # Lines in this section will be run at startup.
    # You can put your MOUNT lines here.
    
    mount c /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall -freesize 1000
    mount d /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall/DFCD -t cdrom -label Daggerfall
    D:
    install
    exit
    #C:
    #cd \dagger
    #dagger
    #exit
    Dont know what to say, I just tried Warcraft, Master of Magic, Xcom and the mouse all works as expected.

    I dont have daggerfall, so I cant test it.
  7. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #167  
    Perhaps if you want to try out daggerfall on your own, you can download official game for free:
    http://cms.elderscrolls.com/sites/de.../DFInstall.zip

    I unziped the archive into the directory in /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall, ie:
    Code:
    mkdir -p /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall
    cd /media/internal/dosbox/daggerfall
    unzip /media/internal/downloads/DFInstall.zip
    Then my dosbox.conf file should do for you what it's done for me
  8. #168  
    Ok, Im downloading it now

    I wonder if for some reason the mouse isnt getting locked, if you google, you see others have the mouse not working in daggerfall in dosbox problem. Unfortunately, cant send a ctrl-f10. (although hopefully I can set up a gesture to send a ctrl-f10)

    Will investigate further
  9. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #169  
    I had some success! I have all 3 of your versions installed, and I just kept poking at the screen in each of the 3 versions, and eventually the xcom one moved the mouse AND clicked, so I got through the installer. Once the game was installed and patched (read the installer pdf in the zip file), I was able to launch the game. Once the game was launched, the mouse was tracked perfectly, and doubletaps worked to left click. I would like to suggest a change in the gestures though:
    1) Tap and hold is just moving the cursor.
    2) If holding with one finger, a second finger tap is a mouse click, and a second finger hold is a left click and hold.
    3) If holding with one finger, a 2 finger tap is a right click, and a 2 finger hold is a right click and hold.
    That should give me the mouse controls I would need in Dagger fall.
  10. #170  
    Yeah, well, Ive found when youre playing with one button that has to handle everything, it aint fun.

    Ive uploaded the source code of what Ive done (including the opengl patch) to my website. Hope it aint too messy.
  11. Kaihmeyer's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #171  
    Any reason you don't want to put it on github or something like that? Then there could be some collaboration. I think I wouldn't mind contributing some help, or at least being able to configure the gestures to my own taste
  12. #172  
    I wasnt going to get too involved, thats why no github or anything, so meh. Maybe someone else will start one up or something.
  13. #173  
    this is sqeaky clean awesome, only has 1 issue, being the arrow keys, but thats kinda standard for a lot of stuff, just sucks i cant change some options on thigs because of teh arrows, seen a few games freeze or crash because the sound settings seemingly lock things up, turning the sound off works, wonder if its just sound or if its the midi.

    either way this is still awesome.
  14. #174  
    peter, did you see the info on using the keymapper on the previous page: forums.precentral.net/webos-development/279299-dosbox-0-74-webos-8.html#post3202881 ?

    I figure you can create a few keymaps for different setups and then just edit the dosbox.conf to select the correct keymap for the session.
  15. #175  
    First thanks for openGL support ! But sadly mouse isn't working in Theme Hospital. No movement :-/
    Else, Windows 95 setup just hangs at the first line (Press Enter to continue ...), which cores did you compile ?
    Did you use SB2 or official PDK to compile dosbox ?
  16. #176  
    I'm using a touchpad ...

    Although single swipes (up/down/left/right) for arrow keys would be nice along with some way to distinguish the desire to hold the arrow key - this message isn't about that.

    Several apps work just fine with the built-in virtual keyboard (touch). However, when I double-swipe it up: a great portion of the screen is obscured by the keyboard.

    What would be great would be the ability to adjust the resolution (I tried with the .conf file - but nothing worked "320x200, 640x480, etc".

    My goal is to squish the screen down so the keyboard and screen fit together. With the screen in portrait mode - it's already too enlongated so that seems like the perfect orientation to fit the DosBox screen & keyboard together.

    Currently, I am swiping up the keyboard - typing some - and minimizing the keyboard so I can see what's behind it.

    Thanks!
  17. #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by 0graham0 View Post
    peter, did you see the info on using the keymapper on the previous page: forums.precentral.net/webos-development/279299-dosbox-0-74-webos-8.html#post3202881 ?

    I figure you can create a few keymaps for different setups and then just edit the dosbox.conf to select the correct keymap for the session.
    the keymapper appears garbaged for me with overlapping keyboard elements, i cant actually click the arrow keys and several others as they are their shown underneath other keys.
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubupad View Post
    First thanks for openGL support ! But sadly mouse isn't working in Theme Hospital. No movement :-/
    Else, Windows 95 setup just hangs at the first line (Press Enter to continue ...), which cores did you compile ?
    Did you use SB2 or official PDK to compile dosbox ?
    Looks like theme hospital installs its own mouse drive, in that case,everything Ive done is removed and it defaults back to normal. I can still move the mouse around, but its now in relative mode, and you are limited to where you can move. Probably due to the fact TH uses a higher resolution? (Im guessing here). 1997 dos game though eh? must be one of the last ones.

    I think all cores are enabled, only thing missing is midi. Win95 will install, but be warned, because the mouse stuff Ive added is weird, win95 will blue screen a lot more if you move around (so its useless imo)

    Im using a sb2 setup environment to compile of course. Unfrotunately the portrait mode is just opengl rendering it 90 degrees rotated. Hence why the keyboard comes up "wrong". Im not sure if opengl pdk applications can use portrait mode? I think you have to use landscape mode?
  19. #179  
    For Windows 95 it installs (when using Dos 6.22) but screen is garbage and mouse is relative during the install, only 150x1024 are really refreshed, maybe a problem with vesa drivers...

    For Theme Hospital yes it's a 1997's DOS Game but it's really one of the best dos game but on my touchpad mouse cursor won't move in 0.3.0 dosbox (surface or opengl). It was moving kind of relative in 0.2.1 dosbox but screen refresh was bad because of the lack of opengl...
  20. #180  
    Interesting I just tried TH again, and I can move the mouse, but again, its relative and not quite perfect. Just tried playing, set low res to yes, it seems to freeze, but then loads. Music is playiinng sslllooww. With low res, you can move the mouse everywhere, right click een works, so I assume its now playable, but I think the tp is just too slow cpu wise to run it well. I would assume turning off midi would make it run much faster.

    andosbox seems to run it faster under cm7, oh, i see, volume rocker can be used as mouse buttons, wish webos could do that.

    I have to say, andosbox wins for theme hospital

    I did try installing win95 before opengl was implemented, and it looked fine, but install was slow, and I could crash the install by really moving the mouse, so I just stopped.
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/16/2011 at 09:19 AM.

Posting Permissions