Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    As the web site says, use 0.2.1/0.2.5 (I would recommend 0.2.1) if you have no bluetooth keyboard, and those versions have swipe gestures that enable the virtual kb. Be warned, some games just dont work though (like xcom.. its always xcom...)

And MoM plays half descent. Its the first game I tried.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    As the web site says, use 0.2.1/0.2.5 (I would recommend 0.2.1) if you have no bluetooth keyboard, and those versions have swipe gestures that enable the virtual kb. Be warned, some games just dont work though (like xcom.. its always xcom...)

And MoM plays half descent. Its the first game I tried.
    Ahhhh. It wasn't at all clear to me that ... the IP address ... was the place to go for the files -- I thought that this forum was the only place in the world they had been made available! Many thanks.
    @Unwashed - That is what I'm playing so far. I have the Lost Treasures of Infocom DOS files so loaded up Zork I and plays well so far. Wizardy I also seems to work so far. Ultima III is a no go because the keyboard keys won't work

@grazzt - Is there any way in the config files to map a key like that or is that something you have to go into the code to do? The arrow keys on the BT keyboard are dead but since they also aren't on the virtual keyboard that isn't a bid shock. I'm just hoping somebody knows of a quick solution.

Thank you!
    If the arrows key (or any key for that matter) generate keysym codes, like in xev under ubuntu, then I can remap them.

You could also try running the dosbox binary with the -startmapper option and I think that allows you to remap keys (although you might have to edit dosbox.conf to tell dosbox to use your new mappings?)
    aarondelp likes this.
    Thanks for the quick reply grazzt! I'll see if I can play around with the startmapper option. Not sure how I would invoke it on the touchpad but I'll see what I can do.

I'm running the 0.9.9 version by the way and it is working great so far! I know you said it might be awhile before the next release but if you could look into the remapping the arrow keys for the BT keyboard I'd be in your debt!!

Thanks again for all your hard work!
    Well, someone has to run xev in ubuntu/xterm and post what keysym results the arrow keys give.

But that being said, if they do generate keysym, I would imagine the mapper could remap them for you. (but I could hard code them in as well)

You could run startmapper by running an xterm via xecutah, then cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.nongl

then run ./dosbox.nongl -startmapper
    Hey grazzt - Here's the keysym from a session, I only recored the keypresses but I can give you the key releases if you need them as well. Is it possible to map them to the actual arrow keys on the BT keyboard or must you map them to an existing key on the virtual keyboard? I'm going to play around with launching the startmapper as well as you described. I've never used the startmapper before. Can you make the bindings persistent or will you have to do this prior to every session (that would be a huge PITA). Thanks!!

Up Arrow: KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x3a00001,
    root 0x102, subw 0x0, time 57540105, (-319,444), root499,498),
    state 0x0, keycode 111 (keysym 0xff52, Up), same_screen YES,

Down Arrow: KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x3a00001,
    root 0x102, subw 0x0, time 57685657, (-372,48), root295,215),
    state 0x0, keycode 116 (keysym 0xff54, Down), same_screen YES,

Right Arrow: KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x3a00001,
    root 0x102, subw 0x0, time 57726617, (-262,366), root405,533),
    state 0x0, keycode 114 (keysym 0xff53, Right), same_screen YES,

Left Arrow: KeyPress event, serial 33, synthetic NO, window 0x3a00001,
    root 0x102, subw 0x0, time 57814209, (-384,363), root283,530),
    state 0x0, keycode 113 (keysym 0xff51, Left), same_screen YES,
    http://touchpad.grazzt.com/dosbox/co..._0.1.0_all.ipk

this only makes keysym 111 (bt up command?) the same as what dosbox thinks the up arrow should be.

Only did the one key.

Try it and let me know. (installs as a different dosbox)

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Mapper
    Thats a good page to read. (and i think it will work and will be a better method)
    Hey grazzt - I tried to launch the keymapper but I get a segmentation fault on launch. Bummer...

I'll try the up arrow version but I'm heading out of town with work and won't have much access for a bit. I'll let you know as soon as I can test it out. Thanks!
    grazzt,

I tried 0.1.0 and it appears that the up key is mapped to the 'o' on the Bluetooth keyboard. In the dosbox command line pressing o cycled to the previously entered command. Also I ran prince of Persia and pressing the 'o' button jumped.

I'll try the arrow keys (and maybe the entire BT keyboard) in keysym if I get the chance. Also, I'll try messing with the keymapper again.

Do you have a PayPal or the like so we can all pitch in on getting you a BT keyboard (or whatever you like for taking the time to develop all these great ports).

Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    this only makes keysym 111 (bt up command?) the same as what dosbox thinks the up arrow should be.

Only did the one key.

Try it and let me know. (installs as a different dosbox)

dosbox.com/wiki/Mapper
    Thats a good page to read. (and i think it will work and will be a better method)
    Got the arrow keys remapped using the keymapper through these steps:

1) Open xterm and go to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.nongl
    2) Start dosbox with -startmapper command: dosbox.nongl -startmapper
    3) Make keymapper adjustments and save the keymap.
    4) Exit dosbox. Copy keymap file (by default mine was mapper-0.74.map) to the same folder as your dosbox.conf file (in my case /media/internal). I used this command (assuming you are still in the path from step 1): cp mapper-0.74.map /media/internal/
    5) Run dosbox from the regular webOS shortcut. All should be well assuming you still have the default mapperfile=mapper-0.74.map in your conf file.

Just got carried away playing prince of persia now that the remapped arrow keys are working - pardon the delay to the post!
    grazzt,
    I attached a patch to make opengl surface work on TouchPad, good news is there is no screen tearing in this mode. Currently only portrait mode works, need to figure out what to do about landscape.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    geekpeter likes this.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Both my (sprint) Pre- and my TouchPad show the DosBox splash screen, and then go to a black screen. My Pre reboots after a minute or so. My TouchPad just doesn't ever change. I would love to have DosBox running on the TouchPad.

Am I doing it wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaihmeyer View Post
    Both my (sprint) Pre- and my TouchPad show the DosBox splash screen, and then go to a black screen. My Pre reboots after a minute or so. My TouchPad just doesn't ever change. I would love to have DosBox running on the TouchPad.

Am I doing it wrong?
    search back some posts/pages, sounds liek your using the original devs version, new doods taken over and posted his links not far back.
    A final patch for OpenGL on TouchPad. Both portrait and landscape modes work, including mouse tracking. Switch between portrait and landscape in dosbox.conf:

rotatescreen=true|false

No screen tearing, Civ1 runs perfectly, did not test anything else.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    An idea for keyboardless touchpad support for (eg. Sierra's AGI games) frequent-keyboard-input-required games: run in portrait mode with the game in the top half of the screen and the virtual keyboard on the bottom half?
    Quote Originally Posted by virx14 View Post
    grazzt,
    I attached a patch to make opengl surface work on TouchPad, good news is there is no screen tearing in this mode. Currently only portrait mode works, need to figure out what to do about landscape.
    Very nice. Will be uploading a new version with the touch controls soon and gl, there is a rotatescreen config option added to the sdlmain.cpp, but it doesnt seem to affect landscape/portrait mode? But maybe thats the key to get it working in landscape mode?

LOL, i didnt respond fast enough, i see youve patched it.
    It's amazing to see how far this port has come from the good old black screen with part of the initial ascii window showing lol.

Great work guys.
    Long live webOS!
    Okay, uploaded version 0.3.0 to HP Touchpad Stuff

I think it works. I hope.. lol

Not sure what default surface is set to (should have checked before compiling), so you might want to edit /media/internal/dosbox.conf and set it to opengl
    same with rotatescreen

And thanks virx14.

Full source will be uploaded there soon too, maybe virx can figure out my lame mouse input problems.
    Last edited by grazzt; 10/12/2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Cool! I'm excited. I just installed the 3.0 version. Now I can click! Except, I can't move the mouse
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast