Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Yea, i was getting no left clicks in x-com also. Left clicks work fine in the keymapper so I think the issue is specific to x-com.

If anyone's interested I'm able to launch the keymapper by going to /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.nongl and then running "dosbox.nongl -startmapper"

Haven't messed around with it yet though.
    Yep, xcom defense click isnt working.. hmm,was it working on previous releases?

Ive tried master of magic, master of orion, warcraft, civ1, and they all are registering correctly.
    i think the left click issue arises when things get a bit slow, iev seen my clicks not so much not happen but just be a tad delayed.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    i think the left click issue arises when things get a bit slow, iev seen my clicks not so much not happen but just be a tad delayed.
    xcom is ignoring all clicks, but you can still move the cursor around, so I think its just a problem with xcom (hopefully)

if others can try maybe tftd, or playing around with the sound settings in xcom, or maybe the different patch versions, who knows.

I even sent ctrl-f10s to dosbox as xcom was playing just incase the mouse wasnt locked, and that doesnt help

note xcom works fine in x86 dosbox.
    i did the same in tie fighter and ascendancy, some mouse clicks not getting in, i have frameskip=1 already, and some clicks register, some dont, depends how slow things get.
    None at all. I've touched the crap out of it trust me. As a matter of fact since I installed this thing my touchpad has been acting weird. Every character I type right now makes my screen go up a little so now I can't see what I'm typing. Lol

Anyway the semicolon works if I hold down shift, always has but the regular colon doesn't. Your keyswipe thing didn't change anything. Bad or not you're trying and you've done better than I have. I didn't even get to start. It's hard to start a project when you have a 1 year old running around you putting books in your hand to read. Lol
    A good number of the keys don't work. It seems like the shift key is permanently pressed. That might be the problem. If I try to type numbers nothing happens but if I hold shift the numbers appear.
    at least things r being tested/fed back, must be hard when u have no BT keyboard as well.
    well, the shift toggle gesture version was just a test, so I probably wouldnt use that version if you dont have to. (has to be a better way to get : to work)

damn

tie fighter is also acting weird, I cant proceed through any of the doors, they open, but thats it

I think because every mouse movement is also a left click, and thats messing things up

crrraaapppp, on an unmodified dosbox compile, xcom works. bah.. *** did I do.. bleh

eg take http://8.22.203.194/dosbox.gz , gunzip it then either load ufo with a bt keyboard or via autoexec/dosbox.conf , and bam, the game works.

and yes, this is hard stuff without a bt keyboard. lol
    Last edited by grazzt; 09/24/2011 at 12:47 PM.
    I tested xcom on adosbox for android: clicks worked.
    if all i change in dosbox is move the mouse to where you touch (like it is now) instead of the default of "lets follow where your finger is", that breaks xcom.

personally i dont like the follow your finger, and thats why i changed it.

still confused as hell why its breaking certain games, and not others.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    if all i change in dosbox is move the mouse to where you touch (like it is now) instead of the default of "lets follow where your finger is", that breaks xcom.

personally i dont like the follow your finger, and thats why i changed it.

still confused as hell why its breaking certain games, and not others.
    same for the last scummvm port, the author had touchscreen mode for toggling mouse drag or mouse to where you click using a swipe to right gesture, needed, but a pain when u forgot about it.
    If anyone can run xcom on the original posters version on a device that supports it (a webos phone?) and see if that works.

And yeah at scummv, lot of their gesture code made it into mine, as if you couldnt tell.
    geekpeter likes this.
    gutted only xcomm game i got is amiga version of ufo enemy unknown didnt get any pc xcomm stuff boo, down to some1 else then.

as for the ogl issue, the old webos dosbox does work it just blanks out on touchpad/pre3, did the old version have its code lyign around to see what the issue was on the new hardware/webOS?
    The source is in the original post, and its still there.

Unfortunately I know very very little about OpenGL.

My early guess is thats its coded for gles 1.0, and that just doesnt want to work on the new webos.

One thing that is interesting is that

sdl.surface=SDL_SetVideoMode(640,400,0,SDL_OPENGL);

returns opengl not available on the touchpad. (although the code doesnt check for a valid surface, probably why its just a black screen)

I wonder if opengl would really make things faster.. I know it wouldnt fix this mouse stuff though.
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    The source is in the original post, and its still there.

Unfortunately I know very very little about OpenGL.

My early guess is thats its coded for gles 1.0, and that just doesnt want to work on the new webos.

One thing that is interesting is that

sdl.surface=SDL_SetVideoMode(640,400,0,SDL_OPENGL);

returns opengl not available on the touchpad. (although the code doesnt check for a valid surface, probably why its just a black screen)

I wonder if opengl would really make things faster.. I know it wouldnt fix this mouse stuff though.
    would need the opinion of some1 who used that version on older hardware i suppose.
    I would but I don't have any other webOS device.
    Using http://8.22.203.194/mouseoff.zip within dosbox, then followed it up by using http://8.22.203.194/mouse.zip gives mouse control back to xcom, but it seems you are limited to about the middle half the screen from top to bottom.

At least a little hope I guess.. Maybe others can try other dos mouse drivers and see what results you get? (run the mouseoff before loading any dos mouse drivers)
    thank you
    hi, i downloaded dosbox for my HP touchpad.

i also found out with which gesture i get the keyboard.

i now have 2 questions:

where do i have to copy the data (dos directories of my favourite programs)
    into the ram of the device, so that i can later MOUNT them as c:/

??

on my android device i could put the data (e.g. dosprogram/chess.exe )
    onto the SD card and then mount c sdcard/dosprogram

that made c into dosprogram and all i had to input was chess

but hp touchpad has no sd card. so i am not sure WHERE to copy the data and
    how to mount c:

another problem seems to be that the internal keyboard has problems with

":" and also "~" and other keys that came via shift or +=[] button.

my idea was to try out some oder dos chess programs via dosbox on my touchpad.

another question: is is possible to use any noname bluetooth keyboards for the touchpad, or does it has to be the HP bluetooth keyboard ??
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast