Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by grazzt View Post
    I have compiled a 'new' binary that should work on touchpads.

Gunzip and Overwrite the dosbox binary in the installed directory (/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.dosbox.dosbox)

You also hae to edit the start-dosbox.sh script and add "-conf /media/internal/dosbox.conf" to it.

You may also want to edit /media/internal/dosbox.conf and make sure that it has
    output=surface (do this with internalz or leafpad in ubuntu chroot), and at the bottom add the lines you want to autoboot. under [autoexec]

eg

mount c: /media/internal/dosbox
    c:
    cd mom
    magic.exe

(this would mount the dir, go into the mom dir and run magic.exe, of course you have to place the files there yourself)

Of course, no keyboard input (although those with BT keyboards, do they work? I dont have a BT keyboard) and only left mouse clicking.

Will work on a virtual KB and right clicking, etc.

The problem seems to be opengl, the original compiled binary has opengl, and that gives black screens on the TP.

http://8.22.203.194/dosbox.gz

Source code is not much different that original 0.74 except for disabling opengl, and removing some X11 stuff so -lX11 aint linked in.

Performance is meh, Im not sure if it should be faster or not.

This is just a start, theres no interface, no nothing. but better than nothing?

I will think about making a .ipk.
    so far i get nothing at all doing the above, no card even appears.
    Ive made an .ipk at http://8.22.203.194/com.dosbox.nongl_0.1.0_all.ipk , but you still need a valid dosbox.conf in /media/internal (ive included a sample one).

Hopefully this ipk and clicking on nongl dosbox will at least load up dosbox.

If someone has a bt kb, can they see if dosbox is accepting input?
    Ive made an .ipk at http://8.22.203.194/com.dosbox.nongl_0.1.0_all.ipk , but you still need a valid dosbox.conf in /media/internal (ive included a sample one).

Hopefully this ipk and clicking on nongl dosbox will at least load up dosbox.

If someone has a bt kb, can they see if dosbox is accepting input?
    installign and chking keyboard.

edit: loads correctly after a short delay, shows as a centered/small window (ill see if resizing options help) can report bluetooth keyboard works perfectly.

legendary attempt so far n1

scaling seems a no go atm.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/22/2011 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    installign and chking keyboard.

edit: loads correctly after a short delay, shows as a centered/small window (ill see if resizing options help) can report bluetooth keyboard works perfectly.

legendary attempt so far n1
    confused about the centered/small window.. are you using a custom dosbox.conf? maybe make a backup of the one youre using, and then place the one from the ipk in /media/internal (you can remove the autoexec lines if you want).

All Ive tried is Master of Magic, and it runs pretty much fullscreen, and "acceptable" speed. (its slow, but I guess thats to be expected)
    yeah have a modded one the op's version made, ill try wiping it then.
    confused about the centered/small window.. are you using a custom dosbox.conf? maybe make a backup of the one youre using, and then place the one from the ipk in /media/internal (you can remove the autoexec lines if you want).

All Ive tried is Master of Magic, and it runs pretty much fullscreen, and "acceptable" speed. (its slow, but I guess thats to be expected)

slow is better than "not at all".

edit: rebuilt config works a charm, nice and fullscreen, cheers.

some old games work, many crash the card, im assuming thats because of the opengl not being around atm (can see screen tearing on some things), other than that tho its all good, working keyboard, i changed the config to be frameskip 1 instead of 0, bit quicker already, added a bit more ram, looking good so far.

i dont get the screen atrifacts/dots when using overlay mode but this is vastly slower than surface.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/22/2011 at 05:32 PM.
    good stuff. not easy for me to test without a keyboard. lol.

Dont think no opengl should cause crashes, can you list the games that are crashing it?

Next thing Im probably going to add is something for a right mouse button click, either a long hold or a two finger push. If I can figure out how to do that.

Or if a bt kb can simulate keysm 231, which I take it is the palm gesture swipe.
    good stuff. not easy for me to test without a keyboard. lol.

Dont think no opengl should cause crashes, can you list the games that are crashing it?

Next thing Im probably going to add is something for a right mouse button click, either a long hold or a two finger push. If I can figure out how to do that.

Or if a bt kb can simulate keysm 231, which I take it is the palm gesture swipe.
    long hold as well as 2 finger push maybe, also try asking the devs of the current scummvm update, they have the good old gestures for mouseclicks/taps down perfectly, they may be able to help?

the main game crashing atm is ascendancy, my tie fighter also frazzles, i recall ascendancy moaning about vesa issues the first time it crashed out.
    Just for something to try, anytime something crashes, try to see if you can disable sound within dosbox, ie run setsound or whatever.

I tried ascendacy as well, and it crashes with a illegal descriptor type 0 error. But running ascendancy I think would be pushing this thing too far. lol.

And yeah, already looking at the scummvm code for how they handle input like that.
    0.1.1 at http://8.22.203.194/

this adds a right mouse click if you hold for more than 2200 ms.

Seems to work for me.
    0.1.2 uploaded

Changed

Right click by touch-holding from 1-3 seconds
    Bring up virtual keyboard by touch-holding > 3 seconds
    got ascendancy working btw, had to disable sound as mentioned above tho, didnt like the default soundblaster settings.

noticed colons dont type, just semi colons on bluetooth keyboard, regardless of us/uk/etc keymapping via keyb.

no worky

:
    <
    >
    (
    )

basically shift + anything doesnt produce the alt char on the bt keyboard.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 09/23/2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Yeah Ive noticed that too, not sure if a custom mapper.txt can fix that or what.

Just make sure mount and c: lines are in autoexec section.
    0.1.3 uploaded, dynamic core for arm enabled, whether or not it does anything, I dont know? but core=dynamic is now valid for dosbox.conf. Also compiled with more aggressive optimizations.

Looked at opengl stuff, might be over my head. :-(

Not going to bother posting new posts everytime, but 0.2 now available. Input/gestures are now "better" imo.
    Last edited by grazzt; 09/24/2011 at 07:54 AM.
    Hey,

I just checked out the 0.2.0 build from 8.22.203.194 (this is my first post so I can't use actual URLs yet, heh sorry)

Includes dynamic core as above, but input handling is completely different now.
    Right Click = Hold one finger down and push with another (so two finger push)
    Middle Click (if any dos game needs it?) = Hold two fingers down and push with a third
    Bring up Virtual Keyboard = Two finger swipe up
    Enter key = Two Finger swipe down
    Escape key = Two Finger swipe to the left
    I haven't done extensive testing but all of the gestures seem to be working. I seem to have trouble getting a standard left click to register but I haven't done extensive testing (only tried one application with mouse support so far, so i imagine it's just an application specific issue).

Since the touchpad/BT keyboard don't seem to support various key inputs I'm interested in messing with the keymapper. I have xecutah/xserver/xterm installed, do you know which directory contains the application file so I can try launching with the -startmapper argument?
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications

then

com.dosbox.nongl
    thanks
    I'm having the same problem with X-Com. And my keyboard is acting funny too. : doesn't register, neither do some other keys. I'm typing this from the keyboard now so obviously it isn't the keyboard. Lol

Same problem being no left click is registering.
    Ive got two finger swipe gesture to the right being a "shift toggle" key, so 0.2.1 will be on the webpage in 5 minutes or so (note there is no indication that the shift key is either on or off).

So with shift 'on', the semicolon will now give colon, a will give A, numbers will give !@#$%^&*(), etc.

Would like to know if it works.

note if this can be fixed with the mapper, then I would prefer that.

I also can bind the symbol keys (aka Pound, etc) to other stuff if so desired.

I have to get more organized though, maybe making additions to the conf file so people can do what they want.
    Quote Originally Posted by lordnightwinter View Post
    I'm having the same problem with X-Com. And my keyboard is acting funny too. : doesn't register, neither do some other keys. I'm typing this from the keyboard now so obviously it isn't the keyboard. Lol

Same problem being no left click is registering.
    as in none are registering at all?

I sometimes see some clicks go unregistered, not sure if its because were running a pretty cpu intensive program on a 1.2 (1.5/1.7) ghz arm machine, frames are probably being dropped, and frames skipped, so if you touch the screen during a dropped frame, maybe the program running doesnt register it.

Or maybe Im just a bad coder. lol
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast